• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Anyone watching the BAFTA Game Awards (streaming right now)

For downplaying genocide as irrelevant and insulting opponents of genocide, you have been permanently banned. - Zellia, big lantern ghost, VolcanicDynamo, NabiscoFelt, ngpdrew, Dardan Sandiego, BassForever, Lord Azrael
The genocide in the Middle East.
It’s a Games Awards ceremony.
Why do you think?
Oh god, if you're referring to what I think you are don't tell me they're also simultaneously simping for HAMAS.

Also, you tell me why they're bringing up irrelevant political garbage to a fucking video games award show. The only reason I can imagine is to pander to braindead terminally online extremists expecting them to clap like seals.

Oh god, if you're referring to what I think you are don't tell me they're also simultaneously simping for HAMAS.

Also, you tell me why they're bringing up irrelevant political garbage to a fucking video games award show. The only reason I can imagine is to pander to braindead terminally online extremists expecting them to clap like seals.

Why would they be simping for Hamas by supporting a ceasefire? Wouldn't you?

And if you think that the games industry has never been political, them you have probably been living under a rock.

Anyhoo.....

It takes a severe lack of self-awareness to be using a phrase like "simping" and then turn around to label others as "terminally online".

Why would they be simping for Hamas by supporting a ceasefire? Wouldn't you?

And if you think that the games industry has never been political, them you have probably been living under a rock.

Anyhoo.....
I would provided that Hamas had any intention of peaceful coexistence. Hamas was literally established by a hitler sympathizer and their charter openly admits their desire to exterminate the jews(section 7 if you're interested). A ceasefire would realistically go something like this: Israel offers a ceasefire, Hamas uses this as an opportunity to strike again, they attack and kill a bunch of unarmed Israeli citizens, Israel inevitably counterattacks in defense, western progressives start seething and call for a ceasefire.

Also, games having political messages is very different from morons lecturing you about how you need to support [ insert the current thing here]. That shit wasn't really a thing until like, I wanna say 2014. The early AC games could get a bit preachy but that was about it.

sorry, i don't believe in any countries called "britain" so i will not be watching.

you aren't long for this place. see ya!

Alan Wake II won something, that's all I needed to see

UBibnPT.gif

I remember watching the one BAFTA from 2018 when Nintendo swept everything with Zelda and it was definitely a nice time. Far classier than TGA could ever manage to be.
Scrubbing through it and damn, Romero's hair is incredible.

Edit: spoiled myself on the winner, and yeah, predictable, but as someone who right now plays through BG3 I'm not quite getting it yet. I suppose I'll have to check some resources later to see the full scope of game's reactivity. It's GREAT but it's not Alan Wake II great, basically

Really enjoy the BAFTA awards, much classier than Geoff's show.

BG3 deservedly dominated as expected, TotK getting the Technical Achievement yet again which is also really deserved.

Yeah, looking back on the Doritospope show and it seems so much brasher and tackier in comparison.
What I like about tonight was the lack of corporate nonsense , 4 sponsors simply mentioned at the beginning then just getting on with it.
Also mention of all the layoffs at the start.

Genuinely had no idea that the BAFTAS was on, might check it out at work if it's a slow day.

The show made me aware of Jusant which I really like the look of.
Also reinforced that I need to get Baldur’s Gate 3

I played Jusant early this year on Steam Deck and it’s a really cool experience, well worth checking out.

I enjoyed this years BAFTA’s, glad a lot of games got recognised especially some of the indie titles. Also really happy Mario Wonder took home some awards, that was my personal GOTY last year.

Back
Top Bottom