• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Zelda Echoes of Wisdom is the most wishlisted game this E3 season (DOOM #2, Astro #3, M&L #6)

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
PositionTitle
1The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Nintendo)
2Doom: The Dark Ages (Bethesda)
3Astro Bot (Sony)
4Gears of War: E-Day (Xbox)
5Perfect Dark (Xbox)
6Mario & Luigi: Brothership (Nintendo)
7Assassin's Creed Shadows (Ubisoft)
8Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 (Kepler Interactive)
9Fable (Xbox)
10Metroid Prime 4: Beyond (Nintendo)
11Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (Activision Blizzard)
12Dragon Age: The Veilguard (EA)
13South of Midnight (Xbox)
14Lego Horizon Adventures (Sony)
15Life is Strange: Double Exposure (Square Enix)
16Indiana Jones and the Great Circle (Bethesda)
17Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater (Konami)
18Star Wars Outlaws (Ubisoft)
19Super Mario Party Jamboree (Nintendo)
20Mixtape (Annapurna Interactive)
21Black Myth: Wukong (Game Science)
22Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake (Square Enix)
23Dragon Quest 1&2 HD-2D Remake (Square Enix)
24Donkey Kong Country Returns HD (Nintendo)
25Avowed (Xbox)

Zelda being at the top makes total sense, and makes me very happy. I am very happy about the showings for Astro Bot, DOOM, and Mario & Luigi as well, and hoping Metroid climbs up the ranks as we see more of it. Sad to see DQ so low (and Metaphor and Monster Hunter are not on the list at all), but I guess this list is more stacked in favour of games that had big reveals during "E3 season", which neither of those did.

Look I love Metroid but if anyone thinks it's going to sell passed 10 million or something have no clue how limited the series sales potential is. Japan not caring about the series alone is a big hamper on its sales potential.

To me, she's royalty.

Obviously the ranking will not necessarily equate to sales performance - just look at Black Ops 6 - but still.

Should be a strong finish to the year. Looking forward to a lot of those games,.

Most anticipated is astro though

Would love to see 2D Zelda do even half as well as BotW! They've definitely been clever in moving some elements of it over, and "play as Zelda" is a great elevator-pitchey hook.

Very glad to see Doom so high too, and a top 10 placing for Prime 4 after a very "yes we do, indeed, still exist" kind of trailer isn't anything to scoff at.

They can see how many people wishlist a game on Switch? I thought it was only possible on Steam, nice.

Also, it's a capital crime Dragon Quest isn't on the list. I demand a lifelong sentence for everyone who hasn't wishlisted it.

I don’t understand why the Metaphor metrics are so horrible. The game looks exactly the same as Persona to me, but it’s just generating no hype at all. Does the fanbase just reject any setting outside of Japan and schools?
I think launching a new IP in gaming has never been harder than today, gamers today are mostly into a set few franchises and GAAS games and are not that interested in trying out new games. I think there are more gamers today that get more hype from remasters of old games than of completely new IP games.

I think launching a new IP in gaming has never been harder than today, gamers today are mostly into a set few franchises and GAAS games and are not that interested in trying out new games. I think there are more gamers today that get more hype from remasters of old games than of completely new IP games.

You’re right, but this game is so similar to Persona and has tied itself so heavily to Persona in its marketing that I’m surprised at the complete lack of mainstream hype.

You’re right, but this game is so similar to Persona and has tied itself so heavily to Persona in its marketing that I’m surprised at the complete lack of mainstream hype.
Some of the early demonstrations of this game were very poor, and I have seen people complain on relevant forums about how bad the game has brought them. Including visuals, game and Person that are too similar, lack of romance, plot background, and so on.
Of course, I think the core reason is that this game is not exclusive to PS5. Causing it to lose the support of a considerable number of fans.

I'm more impressed that Metroid is higher than Indiana Jones.

Microsoft just won’t show combat and traversal in IJ in anything other than quick cuts, it’s been a really hidden title even though they claim it’s releasing very soon.

I don’t like IJ as an IP so I was super disappointed this game was made instead of Wolfenstein 3, but I hope IJ is just at least good at this point.

Microsoft just won’t show combat and traversal in IJ in anything other than quick cuts, it’s been a really hidden title even though they claim it’s releasing very soon.
I don't trust games that are just "[Year]" when we're already halfway through said year. There are six months left. At least choose a season, otherwise I'm just going to start assuming that it's slipping into next year.

Metroid has always been a niche game series, the highest selling entry in the series so far is Dread with 3 million copies sold, prime1 was the highest selling of the prime trilogy and only sold 2.8 million copies, I really don't think there's any greater potential for the series. Because this series is one of the few games that Nintendo has built for hardcore gamers so far.

Zelda, Astro Bot, and DOOM as the top 3 makes sense. Each was basically "game of the show" for each of the 3 platform holders.

I don’t understand why the Metaphor metrics are so horrible. The game looks exactly the same as Persona to me, but it’s just generating no hype at all. Does the fanbase just reject any setting outside of Japan and schools?
I want them to leave the school setting, but man high fantasy settings are so boring it just kills a lot of my interest tbh.

The name is also atrocious and doesn’t give one an idea of what the game is

Metroid being in the Top 10 is awesome! I love Metroid, not much of an enthutiast, but I'm hyped for what Prime 4 could mean for the franchise! And even if it doesn't over perform, hey, it'll still be an awesome game!

4 first party Xbox games in the top 9 is an accomplishment. Their hardware may be tanking, but the software pipeline for Microsoft is starting to hit its stride.

Back
Top Bottom