• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Yellow Taxi Goes Vroom launches in April for PC

Bishop89

Piranha Plant
Steam Page

Yellow Taxi Goes Vroom! is a trippy arcade platformer ready to take you on a crazy adventure!

Wait, It's Not A Driving Game?​

In this chaotic platformer you spend more time in mid-air than on the ground, even though you have 🚫 NO JUMP BUTTON! String together moves to reach spots even the developers haven't accounted for, as you flip, dash and bump your way to new heights!

moves.gif

Hoarder's Paradise​

We took "collectathon" seriously! Make your way to the most obscure and difficult to reach corners of our hand-crafted retro levels and we made sure there's something there for you to collect! ... We dare you, try to get out of bounds 👀

world.gif

The Questionable Crew​

Pizza King, Morio and Mega Chad are only a few of the weirdos you'll interact with as you piece together the narrative puzzle and unravel the grand conspiracy happening on Grandma's Island! 🌴

characters.gif

I've played two demos of this, it's good. It's like an actual collectathon with the shitposting humor of the egglike scene. You play as a wind-up car invented by Morio, and only you can save the day now that all of the other cars are unusable because the gears in Tosla's oil are causing them to explode. Now you have to collect all of the gears and defeat Alien Mosk. The game it most reminds me of to play is Super Mario Odyssey, with all the complex inputs for platforming. Basically there's a button to spin and then dash forward, and you can cancel the spin into a backflip instead of dashing, which is how you gain height. You need to chain these two moves together to platform with, and it reminds me of the chains of inputs for cappy bounce, except in this case it's more that you're getting the most out of a very limited toolset rather than having a huge selection of moves dominated by one overpowered option. You can do quite a lot with what you have actually, but you have to work for it, this is a platformer that doesn't even have a jump button.

It's more inspired by Mario 64 otherwise, with one of the worlds I played being essentially "what if Bob-omb Battlefield was in Crazy Taxi?" Utilize all your skills to deliver a bodybuilder who addresses you exclusively as "king" to his house, which turns out to be a love hotel on top of a mountain, and then optionally do it again after he fell off as he delivers platitudes about always getting up when you're knocked down.

the aesthetic makes me think of the Choro Q games, which occasionally had a focus on exploring various environments to find races and challenges.
the key difference here is that this game has human(ish) characters involved, while Choro is 100% cars and nothing else.
10124252-choro-q-playstation-2-should-you-do-the-sidequest-hint-if-you-sa.jpg

It's only on Steam so far and not Switch?

Looks really great anyway!

Back
Top Bottom