• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Yacht Club Games - YCG Presents airs on 6.14 @ 11:30 AM PT/ 2:30 PM EST.

Wonder what the chances are that we’ll get yet another Shovel Knight amiibo, lol. Shovel Knight - Silver Edition amiibo to celebrate the 10th anniversary, anyone? =p

IIRC from backer updates, I wouldn't expect a Mina date for 2024.

My guess is this is going to be strictly focused on SK and/or games they're publishing from other devs (ie. Cyber Shadow)

physical release for Shovel Knight Dig please
This is what I'm hoping for along with physical Pocket Dungeon and Cyber Shadow. I've been holding out for physical editions to avoid double-dipping but my patience is waning.

I'm simply too seated...

Shovel Knight Dig and the upcoming full release of the Paradox DLC + Mod Support seem like a safe bet to show up here though I hope it's not Shovel Knight stuff only. Not really expecting any new game announcements from YCG proper here, mostly want to see more of Mina and hopefully a release date. If they show a new game that they're publishing (like they did for Cyber Shadow) that would be fantastic.

Exciting, sounds like there will be more than SK Dig DLC. I’d like to see a little more on Mina, and also what other games they are taking up publishing duties on (as Cyber Shadow was amazing).

Wonder if they plan to get into publishing more regularly, or if Cyber Shadow was a one-time thing.

According to this article, they have an unannounced 3D game. It would be cool to get a look at that! There are many ways to imagine 3D Shovel Knight, but that might not even be what their 3D game is!

When I pointed to the current demo's use of parallax scrolling to portray depth in both backgrounds and holes in the overworld, Faulkner admitted that this game's code wouldn't run on original Game Boy Color hardware. "Under the hood, there's way more in common with Breath of the Wild than Link's Awakening," he said. "This engine is actually brand new, made from scratch by our team. That's been our secret for the past five or six years—it's being used to develop both this game and concurrently our unannounced 3D game."

@Dardan Sandiego @PixelKnight where can I read more about the next Shovel Knight Dig DLC? I Googled the Paradox DLC but that one appears to be for Pocket Dungeon. I played SKD for the first time this year and absolutely loved my time tine with it. I still hope to successfully get to the secret ending. I got so close, lol, but at that point I needed a bit of a break from playing the game nonstop for ages. 😆 Amazing and super under-appreciated game.

I'm really jazzed about this event and announcement. I hope we see something similar from PlayTonic soon. I see these as the two premiere AA indie development studios for Nintendo-like games.

I think there's a good chance that SKD was the 16-bit Shovel Knight game and that the next SK game will be the 3D game YCG has been developing. I'd be very psyched to see that. But I'm really excited either way, I personally prefer 2D games so I'd probably be even more excited for that.

@Dardan Sandiego @PixelKnight where can I read more about the next Shovel Knight Dig DLC? I Googled the Paradox DLC but that one appears to be for Pocket Dungeon. I played SKD for the first time this year and absolutely loved my time tine with it. I still hope to successfully get to the secret ending. I got so close, lol, but at that point I needed a bit of a break from playing the game nonstop for ages. 😆 Amazing and super under-appreciated game.
All I know is ‘final free dlc pack in development’

Yacht club were also incredibly generous with supporting Shovel Knight over time with tons of new campaigns, so I expect it’ll be fun

All I know is ‘final free dlc pack in development’

Yacht club were also incredibly generous with supporting Shovel Knight over time with tons of new campaigns, so I expect it’ll be fun

Exciting! Can't wait to see what it will be. Thanks for the link!

Found the survey results I was looking for form 2016.

CnGrDsiUcAAqJct

A Shovel Knight sequel of some type is what got the most votes. Interesting that a Zelda and a Metroid were also in the top 3, and Mina has been described as YCG's Zelda. I seem to remember a poll, referenced up thread, that asked about different graphic styles people would like to see in a Shovel Knight game, but j couldn't find that one.

Imagining a Paper Mario-like RPG starring Shovel Knight...

I'm honestly up for (almost) anything but I do hope they don't completely abandon the clean 8bit graphics they're so good at. Shovel Knight and Mina are unmatched.

Imagining a Paper Mario-like RPG starring Shovel Knight...

I'm honestly up for (almost) anything but I do hope they don't completely abandon the clean 8bit graphics they're so good at. Shovel Knight and Mina are unmatched.
JAHAJAHAJAAHA slapping enemies with a shovel would be cool!!!

Yeah I want a Shovel Knight & Shield Knight 16-bit style platformer. Something between Mega Man X, The Lost Vikings and Rocket Knight Adventures, a mix of action and puzzles based on digging and shield-bouncing etc. Faster paced than the original but more variety. Also it should work equally well in single player (with the second character dashing along behind the first, like Sonic 2) or in co-op, which would need online drop-in, drop-out play. Get on that, Yacht Club :D

Shovel bike
Shovel height- like rainbow islands but using shield knight to bounce up instead!
Shovel fright- a horror game. With a shovel!

Could have been a press release but sounds like a 3D shovel knight is coming based on the intro logo and the “taking it into a new dimension” comment.

Haven’t watched the stream yet but not surprised at no date on Mina simply based on what’s been getting shown in the dev streams for backers. Which I warned people about earlier in this thread.

Shoot. Too late for me then.
Fangamer I think is handling the KS campaign rewards, I would expect they’ll do a run of Mina plushies for non backers like they did with SK.

Back
Top Bottom