• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Rumour XSEED leaked Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana on their facebook page as surprise demo

giphy.gif

Many ports and remastered games. Oath is nearly 20 years old at this point.
Oath in Felghana is nearly 20 years old. This remaster of it came out in Japan over a year ago, the rest of us are just waiting on localisation
Cool, now all I need to know is why they would name a series Y’s and all my questions will be answered

I bit the bullet and imported a Japanese copy recently. I assume since most Switch games aren't region locked that once the localization is officially released there will be like some sort of patch available, right?

Cool, now all I need to know is why they would name a series Y’s and all my questions will be answered
Based on a mythical city in Breton. It's ruler, Gradlon, has a statue that is supposedly looking towards the place Ys sank in the ocean:

Gradlon-statue-quimper.jpg

Edit: lmao severely beaten haha!

I only got into the series on Switch with VIII and IX, and tried Origins, so I'd be interested in this perhaps. Looking forward to X later this year, at least.

I guess that means if the Trails in the Sky games are to be brought to other platforms, it'll be Xseed handling international releases still, since they have the original localization rights.

I bit the bullet and imported a Japanese copy recently. I assume since most Switch games aren't region locked that once the localization is officially released there will be like some sort of patch available, right?
Not necessarily, games can have different regional versions which means patchs and updates aren't compatible between them (and this can even happen within the same region even)

None of the Falcom games in Japan have been patched or released with English there because of publisher differences. Maybe Ys Origin released with it from the start, but don't expect it here.

I think they'll bring all the 3D Ys games one by one to modern platforms. Next should be Ark of Naphistim, followed by Memories of Celcetta and Seven. The ones I'm not sure is PS2 remakes of Lost Kefin Kingdom of Sand and The Mask of the Sun on PS2. Those might need a little extra work as they're incredibly dated.

None of the Falcom games in Japan have been patched or released with English there because of publisher differences. Maybe Ys Origin released with it from the start, but don't expect it here.
I just looked up the Legend of Nayuta listing on PlayAsia and you're right. I should have just stayed patient bros 🫠

I'm not too surprised. After the PlayStation version was announced I figured it'd just be a matter of time. XSeed has no problem bringing over games they have the rights for if Falcom develops them in house. It's really good news for Trails in the Sky if they need to work together on the rumored remasters of those as well.

Back
Top Bottom