• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Xenoblade Chronicles 3 should have the plot complexity of Kingdom Hearts

Hidden04

Like Like
Banned
Pronouns
He/Him
Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have fantastic stories. The character development through both games are really well done as well. However, we have been hearing rumors about Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and with it supposedly bringing characters back from previous games, I think it should take a step further than that. Hire Tetsuya Nomura and go wild with story. Connect Xenoblade 3 to every Monolith Soft Game and every respective character from those games. Then introduced a villain who time travels across every Monolith Soft game to alter history and have the main character and their party travel across as well.

Also, make the game an action RPG and have the MC be female.

Think they can make it work.

Watch. It will happen.

♩♫When you walk away you won’t hear me say, “Dooooooon’t Forget Me! Yer Done!”♩♫

only if they make xenoblade 3 a ten-games crossmedia projects with entries on 3ds, mobile, switch, game & watch and web browser

Only if it has the name to go along with it. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 won't do.

More something like Xenoblade Chronicles Y/2: SwitchBlades - The First Epilogue.

Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have fantastic stories. The character development through both games are really well done as well. However, we have been hearing rumors about Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and with it supposedly bringing characters back from previous games, I think it should take a step further than that. Hire Tetsuya Nomura and go wild with story. Connect Xenoblade 3 to every Monolith Soft Game and every respective character from those games. Then introduced a villain who time travels across every Monolith Soft game to alter history and have the main character and their party travel across as well.

Also, make the game an action RPG and have the MC be female.

Think they can make it work.

Watch. It will happen.
You have my ear.

Just because a plot is complex doesn't mean it is good. They should focus more on building strong characters and giving them good motivations first and foremost. The characters are a large part of why so many people love this series after all, not some convoluted anime narrative.

OP you are right but it should also be a game released in parts over a decade on different platforms like Switch, web browser and Mobile.

The Xeno games never use time-travel, so no thanks. Not a huge fan of that trope.

Xenoblade 3 will probably be about dimensional shenanigans, but Takahashi at least has a planned out story and doesn't feel like he's making it up as he goes along.

The plot complexity of Kingdom Hearts come from its story spanning multiple different games, and it's high usage of unique terminology. Which understanding of is vital to follow the plot and said understanding being fleshed out over the multiple games, and sometimes newer entries showing that what we were told in previous entries was misunderstand or wrong.

I'm sorry I'm not gonna read the post yet I'm just here to say hell no. Ok now I'll read

Edit: now that I read it I agree with the MC part but keep the combat from the past games.

"Blades are actually a person who's lost their hearts and drivers are the souless form of a person but only because the MC time traveled once and met the king of Algeria and started the Blade Wars so now having a blade is illegal but also everyone has a blade and also there's a talking duck."

Kingdom Hearts stories aren't that complex they're just poorly told with horrible pacing while Nomura makes things up as he goes

Lolno. Xenoblade got plenty of depth and does it the right way. Loved Chronicles 1 especially. Storywise it's definitely better than 2 for me.

I'm fine if they go the direction of Xenoblade 3 bringing some or all of the existing Xeno games together. Honestly with what was teased in Xenoblade 2 that feels like something that is inevitably coming to this series eventually, even if it's not the primary focus of the next game.

However, I think Kingdom Hearts' storytelling (and really everything from Nomura's mind) is pretty much nonsensical garbage, so I don't want anything even close to that style of writing in Xenoblade.

Kingdom Hearts isn’t complex in an intelligent / good story telling sort of way. It’s complex in a “let’s make up a bunch of dumb shit and spread it over a ton of random games to make our fanbase suffer” sort of way.

Not familiar with KH but Xenosaga and Xenogears were already super wild, so I’m very excited.

As someone who absolutely adores the plot of Kingdom Hearts, I'm always here for more mind bendy wild rides 😎

So, just have a few story notes on a dartboard and throw some darts to connect them?

But I actually want things which are simple and clean

Not convulted and dirty.

please no. No, no, no.

Not KH levels.

In fact, i think the suggestion is downright heartless.

However, I do think the Zohar/the conduit is now the connection between all Xeno-titles.

That's already happened in my mind.

I'd love if it continues with a combination of the cast of 1 and 2, however for the sake of the series mainstream appeal I think they'd be better off leaving the connection as loose as 1 and 2.

New main cast, new plot, and you might discover later what it all means in relation to 1 and 2.

I'd rather the story to be coherent, but also can be complex too. They should add more politics into the mix if possible and have some sidequests transform the environment or add new places to go to reward the player.

They should go back to the days of Xenosaga. The ending of Xenoblade is already batshit insane when you look back at it so the foundation is already there.

I think Xenoblade 3 should have the plot complexity of Yoshi's Woolly World, and star Nia in her quest to find yarn.

Maybe a little more complicated, but I would like Nia to take the spotlight

No, Xenoblade should stay its own thing. But I do want Nintendo Kingdom Hearts and have Mario, Peach etc go on adventures with Samus, Fox, Link etc with a batshit convoluted story.

Back
Top Bottom