• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Xbox to Debut Something at Super Bowl LVII (Possibly Starfield)

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
Coming from the guy who has previously leaked Hideo Kojima's Overdose and recently the soon-to-be-announced Redfall date:

Starfield is going to be one of the biggest games of the generation so it wouldn't be the worst idea to start pushing it now. "From the makers of Skyrim and Fallout 4".

I could also see an ad with a montage of Starfield, Redfall, and Forza along with third party games like Diablo IV, Jedi Survivor, etc. Or Game Pass games like Stalker 2, Atomic Heart, and Wo Long.

I could also see an ad with a montage of Starfield, Redfall, and Forza along with third party games like Diablo IV, Jedi Survivor, etc. Or Game Pass games like Stalker 2, Atomic Heart, and Wo Long.

This. A general Xbox ad is more likely.

I mean they'll get more viewers with an ad than any online presentation they do so why not.

If it is a sizzle reel people will see the ad and the different games, possibly look them up and see recent footage from the developer direct. Not a terrible idea.

I’m trying to keep expectations in check. It’s got potential to be something special, that’s for sure.
It definitely does. IMO even if it's just basically Skyrim in space, it'll still be pretty great. There's just not really anything like a big Bethesda game out there that hits the same kind of notes. And I'm much more into a space setting than I am Fallout. Unless the game is pretty broken or they scale it back to be super limited, which I don't see them doing and still releasing it, I think it's going to be pretty good.

It definitely does. IMO even if it's just basically Skyrim in space, it'll still be pretty great. There's just not really anything like a big Bethesda game out there that hits the same kind of notes. And I'm much more into a space setting than I am Fallout. Unless the game is pretty broken or they scale it back to be super limited, which I don't see them doing and still releasing it, I think it's going to be pretty good.
I feel exactly the same way. Space excites me way more than Fallout’s post-apocalypse. And honestly, Starfield being “Skyrim in space“ is exactly what will make it great.

I feel exactly the same way. Space excites me way more than Fallout’s post-apocalypse. And honestly, Starfield being “Skyrim in space“ is exactly what will make it great.
Exactly! I've seen several people say "oh it's just going to be Skyrim in space" like that's a negative, but to me that sounds awesome? Sure, I'd like it to have a lot of improvements and updates over Skyrim given that game is over ten years old now, but the general idea sounds like a blast to me. Exploring random planets, suping up my spaceship and gear, completing 'guild' questlines while mostly ignoring the main plot... yes please.

I honestly hope that it gets pushed back into fall, since it's a perfect game for that time of the year, and will give it some space away from the slammed H1 of 2023.

Yeah, this actually makes a ton of sense. Starfield is arguably the biggest first party game from any of the big three this year. Microsoft desperately needs a win after no system selling exclusives (damn that's depressing) released last year.

for reference, i believe one of the first games (if not the first) to get a proper Super Bowl ad was Dante's Inferno of all titles, back in 2010.

(EA's marketing for this game in general was utterly unhinged beyond this, but that's really a story for another day.)

there's also evidence that this incredible ad for Jet LI: Rise to Honor aired during the 2004 bowl, but i'm not finding any info that it was created specifically for the event.

unsurprisingly, most publishers, such as Nintendo. do more general promotions nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom