• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Xbox closes Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and others.

so what happens if they now say. "Hellblade 2 did extremely well and we are satisfied with it's performance"? No one is ever going to believe them again
I'm really worried about Ninja Theory tbh... Hi-Fi Rush costed a fraction to make(I mean Senua's Saga is definitely AAA+ material and took awhile), probably made enough profit and still didn't prevent its studio to die.

I can't even begin to think what will happen when Senua's Saga doesn't pay itself considering how high its cost probably was compared to its sales potential being an exclusive. I really hope it does wonders, but I believe even Starfield failed to sell in line with what MS wanted?

Damn, just having to think about it makes the situation even more disgusting.

I'm really worried about Ninja Theory tbh... Hi-Fi Rush costed a fraction to make(I mean Senua's Saga is definitely AAA+ material and took awhile), probably made enough profit and still didn't prevent its studio to die.

I can't even begin to think what will happen when Senua's Saga doesn't pay itself considering how high its cost probably was compared to its sales potential being an exclusive. I really hope it does wonders, but I believe even Starfield failed to sell in line with what MS wanted?

Damn, just having to think about it makes the situation even more disgusting.
Ninja Theory's founder/Hellblade 1's lead already took his money and ran months ago. It could be the standard exit for an executive of an acquired company, or maybe he saw writing on the wall regarding NT's future.

Either way, that's one less internal voice to speak for the studio's survival.

I imagine this is a project that started sometime before the acquisition and it's just becoming public knowledge now. It doesn't really inspire confidence when they claim they're a narrative-focused studio and then just namedrop a bunch of AAA games like TLOU, Cyberpunk, and Far Cry, though. This feels like something that will collapse like The Initiative and their attempt to make Perfect Dark. "All-star team recruitment" that led to a lot of wheel spinning, dysfunction, and departures.

Back
Top Bottom