• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Wonder Woman Game Announced; Open World Action Game by Monolith Productions

ILikeFeet

Fox Brigade

She will fight to unite the warriors of two worlds. You are Wonder Woman.

In development by Monolith Productions, creators of the critically acclaimed Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor™ and sequel Middle-earth: Shadow of War™, this open-world action-adventure game will feature the beloved DC Super Hero, Wonder Woman.

The single player open-world action game will introduce an original story set in the DC Universe and allow players to become Diana of Themyscira in the fight to unite her Amazon family and the humans from the modern world.

Powered by the Nemesis System, gamers will forge deep connections with both enemies and allies as they progress from a heroic fighter into a proven leader.

finally, she deserves it

So weird Monolith is working on this instead of Xenoblade 3, especially considering how heavily rumored it is

This is the other Monolith, the one that did Shadows of Mordor, F.E.A.R., Condemned, and No One Lives Forever.

Not gonna lie, I came here to see the Monolith confusion, but I'm not even convinced the one mention of that was genuine.

Other than that, the trailer itself doesn't give us much to go off of. It could be interesting -- looks like the use of that Nemesis system is being tweaked and expanded? --; I suppose time will tell.

I'm hoping its good. I hope Susan Eisenberg is the one voicing Diana. Also that we get a ton of alt costumes too.

from the Shadow series they did
Ohh, that's who Monolith Productions is, forgot what they had made previously. Well, I'm expecting this to be pretty similar to the Shadow games with a Wonder Woman coat of paint

I still yearn for Nintendo to collab with Monolith Productions, very preferably on an original IP to just fuck with everyone! LOL

Monolith West CONFIRMED! XD

Survey Leak New

WB is taking it down, but I saved the images so I can reupload them whenever. not my images, by the way

EDIT: text
You are Wonder Woman in this single-player action-adventure game developed by Monolith Productions.

The powerful sorceress Circe has invaded your island homeland of Themyscira, leading an army of cyclopes, gorgons, and other monsters. It is up to you, as Champion of the Amazons, to return home and fight their treachery.

Use your godlike strength to deal shattering blows and tear through enemies in an epic battle to protect your birthplace from the invaders. Engage in fast-paced free-flow combat with devastating combos and wield powerful weapons gifted by the gods, including the iconic Lasso of Truth.

As this original Wonder Woman story unfolds, you must also repair your relationship with your mother, Queen Hippolyta, and your fellow Amazons who feel betrayed by your decision to leave Themyscira many years ago.

Over the course of the game, you will encounter iconic DC characters as well as a unique cast of procedurally generated allies and enemies. Through the power of the Nemesis System, they will remember your choices and actions, and react according to their own beliefs.

Fly across the open world of Themyscira as you explore the home of the Amazons and discover mythical inhabitants from Greek mythology. Fight back against the invaders and complete your quest to stop Circe from destroying your home and acquiring untold power!

Now, I'm not an expert on Wonder Woman, but none of those survey answers strike me as what an expert on Wonder Woman would mention when asked to sum up the central appeal of Wonder Woman.

Now, I'm not an expert on Wonder Woman, but none of those survey answers strike me as what an expert on Wonder Woman would mention when asked to sum up the central appeal of Wonder Woman.
If you're talking about the "Which of the following are you most interested in experiencing in a Wonder Woman game?" question, I have to agree. Closest is maybe the Greek mythology option?

I'm very interested in a Wonder Woman video game, but I'm nervous about how the Nemesis System will play into it. I just want to be an amazing superhero with a strong moral compass.

really? all of them are based on Wonder Woman stories

in particular
  • Wielders of power sorcery filling the world with magical effects
    • that's Circe, among the many time Wonder Woman has been involved with magical stuff including Justice League Dark
    • Circe_002.jpg
  • A world torn from the pages of ancient Greek mythology
    • Ares has been a frequent villain, with Wonder Woman even claiming the title of God of War at one point
    • here's the gods from the New 52 run
    • 45g0i798k8d51.jpg

The main issue with Wonder Woman is that she herself is iconic, but her move set is so boring and her stories so bad that it’s hard to make a good adaptation for her.

WW1984 captures the Wonder Woman comics pretty well in that they’re weird and creepy shit.

You don’t need to have good comic books to have a good adaptation (Essentially all non-Watchmen, non-Batman comics ever made from Marvel and DC suck and yet Spider-Man still has a bunch of good adaptations)

But it does make it harder…

Like, who is she going to fight that anyone has heard of other than Ares? The Batman Who Laughs?

Superman also being such a bad character with such terrible comics has caused a lot of pain in adapting him to film or games as well, same for The Flash, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel, etc.

(To clarify, Metal and Doomsday Clock are two of the worst books imaginable and I do not want The Dr. Manhattan Batman Who Laughs to be in this or any game)

Last edited:
really? all of them are based on Wonder Woman stories

in particular
  • Wielders of power sorcery filling the world with magical effects
    • that's Circe, among the many time Wonder Woman has been involved with magical stuff including Justice League Dark
    • Circe_002.jpg
  • A world torn from the pages of ancient Greek mythology
    • Ares has been a frequent villain, with Wonder Woman even claiming the title of God of War at one point
    • here's the gods from the New 52 run
    • 45g0i798k8d51.jpg

Sure, but the interesting bit is what the magical trinkets and curses mean to Wonder Woman. Or what the gods and her relationship to them make her do, what aspects of her they bring out. None of those flowery descriptions hint at any strong idea of what the character of Wonder Woman is about. It'd be like asking whether what you're looking forward to the most in a Superman game is fighting billionaire president's private armies or fending off alien invasions. Or whether as Batman you want to fight street-level thugs or supernatural foes. No, those very unspecific questions aren't important to get the respective superhero right. Those are just window dressing.

Sure, but the interesting bit is what the magical trinkets and curses mean to Wonder Woman. Or what the gods and her relationship to them make her do, what aspects of her they bring out. None of those flowery descriptions hint at any strong idea of what the character of Wonder Woman is about. It'd be like asking whether what you're looking forward to the most in a Superman game is fighting billionaire president's private armies or fending off alien invasions. Or whether as Batman you want to fight street-level thugs or supernatural foes. No, those very unspecific questions aren't important to get the respective superhero right. Those are just window dressing.
I agree with you again. Those bullets might be rooted in her comics, but as a casual fan of Wonder Woman, they aren't what appeal to me or what I'd say would sell me on a Wonder Woman game. They read like flashy AAA video game marketing notes to make a game seem cool and filled with spectacle. They'd be selling ideas like "Look at the places you'll go and things you'll see!" or "You'll have so much power!", but I really just want to help save the world and stand up for people. I see the phrase "Power. Grace. Wisdom. Wonder." was a tagline used for the recent-ish movie, and that's kind of what I want. I don't just want Power. Another line that captures what I'd want from a game is this quote from the movie that popped up: "I understand enough that I'm willing to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."

To pull something from the comics, something that captures this would be appealing to me: "We have a saying, my people. 'Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.'" I know the game is going to have a lot of fighting and violence, but I hope it's framed in a way such that I can still feel these aspects of her character are true.

These are the qualities of the character that have appealed to me, but maybe they aren't for the mass market or video games.

(I may have diverged from what you were saying in your original post the more I wrote, so I don't mean to say what I wrote above is what you'd like to see.)

Last edited:
(I may have diverged from what you were saying in your original post the more I wrote, so I don't mean to say what I wrote above is what you'd like to see.)

It'd be one version of Wonder Woman I'd be interested in, absolutely. There's many more, and honestly the concept art isn't far off from some of them, although the armor design isn't my favorite. I'd play a Wonder Woman game where you lasso Minotaurs from the back off Cerberus, but I'm not sure that's a version of Wonder Woman that exists (as I said I'm no expert).

sounds more like a problem with the survey than Wonder Woman

I'd play a Wonder Woman game where you lasso Minotaurs from the back off Cerberus, but I'm not sure that's a version of Wonder Woman that exists (as I said I'm no expert).
they both appeared separately at least (and one minotaur is Wonder Woman's personal chef)

wonder-woman-vs-minotaur-the-master-race-3.jpg

TzgYfbi.png

'Open World Action Game by Monolith Productions' screams 'microtransaction hell' to me.

I hope I'm wrong, because it's a cool idea and one I want to see turn out well.

Really hoping that my favorite Wonder Woman character, Gay Frolick, makes an appearance

PXL-20240307-142128852.jpg

PXL-20240307-142224113.jpg

Back
Top Bottom