• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Wish they made more Pokemon Stadium-like minigames? Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe is an overlooked party hit

Stopdoor

????
I just picked up this game and tried it out with some friends and was impressed how well it went - I feel like it's gone under the radar since it's a pretty explicit "side mode" to a not-so-fresh remake. I suddenly had an epiphany format-wise, it's pretty much the Pokemon Stadium minigames, a satisfying mix of 10 minigames with simple controls but varying depth. It has a little tourney mode that doesn't quite measure up to Pokemon Stadium 2's fun dice-rolling come-backable "first to x points" mode, but it's still pretty great and there's even a "high speed mode" for the Kirby 64 favourite Checkerboard Chase if you want to get hardcore.

That's all, here's a picture to make this less naked lol

PwEOopr.png

I'd say this game is overlooked in general. I genuinely had a great time with this remake when it released. The game far exceeded my expectations. If I could control the Kirby discourse, I'd say Forgotten Land shouldn't be the only Switch game discussed as a highlight this generation.

I haven't had a chance to try the minigame mode and am generally not a minigame person, but I'm glad to read you had a good time with it! It only strengthens my opinion that this game is a strong package that is easily recommendable.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom