• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Will the Nintendo Switch get a price drop this holiday?

Will there be a price drop?

• Yes

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 78 69.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I did until that new zelda switch was announced
Now it won't come this year

I could also see the switch just fizzling out in sales and off of shelves full priced in the next year or two.
Stock just sells through and boom next thing you know ... its all gone.

If the Switch 1 keep the current price, the gap will look smaller and people will find more attractive and easy to buy a Switch 2.
I'm not convinced the Switch 2 is going to sell as well as many believe it will, in it's first couple of years.

Even piggy-backing on a new 3D Mario and Mario Kart, I think the best they will do, lifetime, is half of what Switch sold... and of that half, that will be a relatively slow adoption.

Families, for example, will likely be content with the Fortnite, Minecraft, and family game night machine that they currently possess. Likewise, the cozy gane enthusiasts will have very little reason to upgrade - maybe until a new Animal Crossing releases (although, that very well could be in its first 6-15 months on shelves).

On top of all of that, consider the number of Switch owners with extensive wishlists that have current-gen games they would prefer to play before making an additional $500-$600 investment (after game and controller purchases).
I could also see the switch just fizzling out in sales and off of shelves full priced in the next year or two.
Stock just sells through and boom next thing you know ... its all gone.
I don't think the Switch will end production for at least a year, maybe three, after Switch 2 releases... maybe the V2 stops production, but OLED and especially the Lite aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom