• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Wii would like to play

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
wii-would-like-to-play.jpg

What a classic ad. Really sold the concept, had some funny little bits and the little Nintendo references.

And had killer music, Yoshida Brothers.

Just imagine these blokes showing up at your home today, unprompted.
i'm pretty sure they literally are the Nintendo Ninjas of legend.
they had to take a break from their usual work of hunting down leakers to ensure Nintendo's family friendly image of the time was protected.

The biggest marketing blunder of the Wii U era is that its slogan wasn't

Wii would like to play with U

What a classic ad. Really sold the concept, had some funny little bits and the little Nintendo references.

And had killer music, Yoshida Brothers.
During this time my mom asked me, “Did you see the commercial with the two Japanese guys?”

Nintendo breaking through to the mom-o-sphere was indicative of what they were trying to accomplish with the Wii.

You hear a knock at your door, and these two dudes show up at your house with a wii…do you let them in?

Back
Top Bottom