• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Who would you include in a Disney fighting game?

Pillydillsy

The greatest banana sherif in town
Pronouns
He/ him
This is something I have been thinking about for a while now, and I thought it good to share the question with all of you. Me personally, I would include:
Baymax (with Hiro)- Big Hero Six
Elsa- Frozen
Ralph- Wreck it Ralph
Chicken Little- Chicken Little
Moana- Moana
Stich- Lilo and Stich
Rapunzel- Tangled
Tarzan- Tarzan
The Beast- Beauty and the Beast
Gaston- Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin (with Genie)- Aladdin
Ursala- The Little Mermaid
Simba- The Lion King
Hercules- Hercules
Cheshire Cat- Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan- Peter Pan
Captain Hook- Peter Pan
Rattigan- The Great Mouse Detective
Headless Horsemen- The Adventure of Mr Toad and Ichabod
Maleficent- Sleeping Beauty
Tigger- Winnie the Pooh
Pinocchio (with Jimminy)- Pinocchio
Snow White (with the seven dwarves)- Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Baloo- The Jungle Book
Robin Hood- Robin Hood
Goofy- Mickey Mouse
Donald- Mickey Mouse
Mickey- Mickey Mouse

I only want one Disney fighting game. A new one.
tumblr_m4cksqQBmv1rszfv7o1_500.gif

I was only thinking of disney the animation company, but I guess I didn’t realize a Disney fighting game could include marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars characters LOL. I definitely want another MVC too, but another massive crossover fighter would be great! But now you got me thinking of Disney Vs Capcom, I mean Marvel Vs Capcom started out as just X-men before expanding to all of Marvel

I was only thinking of disney the animation company, but I guess I didn’t realize a Disney fighting game could include marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars characters LOL. I definitely want another MVC too, but another massive crossover fighter would be great! But now you got me thinking of Disney Vs Capcom, I mean Marvel Vs Capcom started out as just X-men before expanding to all of Marvel
Big Hero 6 could actually just make it into a new MvC game without expanding to all of Disney, it started as a Marvel comic.
But also, if they were to expand to all of Disney they gotta do Scrooge McDuck just to remix Ducktales NES music again.

Great thread idea, I hope the mods don’t lock it

If we are limited to the 12 of the original Smash, then I would say

1. Mickey
2. Minnie
3. Goofy
4. Donald
5. Ariel
6. Aladdin
7. Elsa
8. Beast
9. Snow White
10. Buzz Lightyear
11. Mulan
12. Mr Incredible

If I could include 12 more then

1 Pluto
2 Daisy
3 Pete
4 Jasmine
5 Jafar
6 Maleficent
7 Moana
8 Pocahontas
9 Woody
10 Ursula
11 Elastigirl
12 Sully

Mickey
Minnie
Goofy
Donald
Winnie the Pooh
Pinocchio
Dumbo
Peter Pan
Aladdin
Simba
Timon and Pumbaa
Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan
Stitch
Ralph
Snow White
Ariel
Rapunzel
Elsa
Woody
Buzz
Jack-Jack
Sulley
Wall-E

1) Necroko (Extreme Venomverse #4)
images

2) Lilith (Giant Size Chillers #1)
images

3) Miracleman (Marvelman #1)
images

4) Shark with Woody's Hat (Toy Story)
images

5) Linabell (Tokyo DisneySea mascot)
images

6) Sadie (The Banker's Daughter [1927])
images

7) T-Rex (Fantasia)
images

8) J.G. Jopling (The Grand Budapest Hotel)
images

9) Jake (The Cat from Outer Space)
images

10) Lavern (Day of the Tentacle)
images

11) Cantina Werewolf (Star Wars [1977])
images

12) Sasori Vader (Star Wars, 1987 Namco game)
images

13) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come (The Muppet's Christmas Carol)

images

Final Boss: Satan (Marvel Spotlight #5)

images

My idea for a Disney roster would be something that represents every era of Disney productions. Only characters created for the company and that counted as 1st when they were created. This means Pixar and the TV shows count, but not stuff like Marvel and FOX. Instead of focusing on the more popular stuff I try to represent as much movies and franchises as possible.

Mickey & Friends:
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Donald Duck
  • Goofy
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Daisy Duck
  • Pete
  • Scrooge McDuck
  • Huey, Dewey and Louie
  • José Carioca
  • Magica DeSpell
  • Oswald

Disney Films (Classic Era. Ends with Walt Disney's death, with "The Aristocats" being the last film he contributed to.)
  • Snow White
  • Pinocchio
  • Dumbo
  • Bongo
  • Mr. Toad
  • Fairy Godmother
  • Maleficent
  • Captain Hook
  • Alice
  • Baloo
  • Merlin
  • Winnie The Pooh

Disney Films (Post Walt. Begins with "Robin Hood" until present day.)
  • Robin Hood
  • Ursula
  • Beast
  • Genie
  • Timon & Pumbaa
  • Hercules
  • Mulan
  • Stitch
  • Kronk
  • Tiana
  • Bowler Hat Guy
  • Rapunzel
  • Ralph
  • Elsa
  • Baymax
  • Judy Hopps
  • Moana
  • Mirabel

TV Shows (I'm only familiar with a few of these, so I'll keep to the Disney TV Animation Studio that started in the 1980s)
  • Zummi Gummi
  • The Rescue Rangers
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Max Goof
  • Bonkers
  • Kim Possible
  • Phineas & Ferb
  • Dipper & Mabel
  • Wander
  • Star Butterfly
  • Luz Noceda

Pixar (Haven't seen the most recent ones, and some of these don't lean well to fighting games, like Up or Soul, so I'll stick to the popular ones)
  • Woody
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • Sulley
  • Alfredo & Remy
  • Lightning McQueen
  • Mr. Incredible
  • Syndrome
  • Wall-E

Ooof, really got carried away with this. I guess Smash Ultimate spoiled us too much. Almost wanted to do a mock-up Smash Bros. CSS image but that would have been too much work.

I just counted and wow, 60 characters. Come on, Disney, make it happen. It's not like you don't have the budget.

If we counted Pixar/TV characters, I would definitely have
Dr Doof
Bill Cipher
Mr Incredible
Syndrome
Remmy and Linguini
Sully
Lightning McQueen
Sora for the funny

A Disney themed Mortal Kombat?

Donald Duck ripping put his uncles spines, while Mickey in as a swap in team fighter is ready to crack open Minnies scull and explode her brain?

Doesn't sound likely. But yeahz they would have a ton of characters to choose from.

Yep, it's really this.

Street Fighter is enjoying a nice resurgence, thanks to SF6. Meanwhile, X-men 97 is singlehandedly putting Marvel's mutants back on top again.

Now, kiss. Take things back to "basics", especially after MvC Infinite, and just focus on utilizing the best that each camp has to offer.

Yep, it's really this.

Street Fighter is enjoying a nice resurgence, thanks to SF6. Meanwhile, X-men 97 is singlehandedly putting Marvel's mutants back on top again.

Now, kiss. Take things back to "basics", especially after MvC Infinite, and just focus on utilizing the best that each camp has to offer.
I'd still want it to be generally Marvel vs Capcom instead of X-Men vs Street Fighter but man, I'd lose my mind seeing the X-Men pop up and seeing the Capcom logo.
I just want as little Marvel meddling as possible, let Capcom rock and make something great with characters they choose instead of having a game made to bolster the MCU.

I'd still want it to be generally Marvel vs Capcom instead of X-Men vs Street Fighter but man, I'd lose my mind seeing the X-Men pop up and seeing the Capcom logo.
I just want as little Marvel meddling as possible, let Capcom rock and make something great with characters they choose instead of having a game made to bolster the MCU.
My thing is just...I'm not likely going to get but so excited about rosters that have expected SF/X-men reps like Ryu, Wolvie, Mags, Chun, Storm, etc. Yet, that's pretty all we'd see, at best. Even in the most ideal conditions, there would be certain characters that must appear, and you only have but so much room to make everyone happy. Especially when you have multiple other series to consider.

At least focusing on just the two camps, we might see chars that have never gotten into a Versus game, or haven't in a long time, have a fair shot. When the likes of even A-listers on each side, such as Nightcrawler, White Queen, Sagat and Rose haven't ever gotten the call? Let alone those like Cyclops or Sakura, who never got back in? It tells me we would benefit a lot from just a bit more focus.

10) Lavern (Day of the Tentacle)
images
Heh, sadly Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle are no longer Disney franchises. Before remastering DotT, Tim Schafer acquired the IP from Disney completely. It became Double Fine's property and after the Double Fine's Microsoft acquisition, it became Microsoft property. And they waited not even for a second, slapped "Xbox Game Studios" on it right away. And that was the reason Nintendo Switch didn't get the game...

But the things are changing nowadays, maybe we will get it after all.

Heh, sadly Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle are no longer Disney franchises. Before remastering DotT, Tim Schafer acquired the IP from Disney completely. It became Double Fine's property and after the Double Fine's Microsoft acquisition, it became Microsoft property. And they waited not even for a second, slapped "Xbox Game Studios" on it right away. And that was the reason Nintendo Switch didn't get the game...

Ugh, fine! Then instead you get

10) Lilith (Nightmare Alley)

images

No, they are still Disney IPs (alongside Grim Fandango and Full Throttle). Double Fine licensed the rights, and they co-own the remakes they made (sorta like Nintendo licensed the Bayonetta IP), which are now co-owned by Microsoft.

No, they are still Disney IPs (alongside Grim Fandango and Full Throttle). Double Fine licensed the rights, and they co-own the remakes they made (sorta like Nintendo licensed the Bayonetta IP), which are now co-owned by Microsoft.

images

Lavern is BACK on the roster

Yeah it seems they are co-owned. Copyrights for both Lucasfilm and Double Fine appear on the Xbox version of the game.

Still, it was an enough reason for MS to block their release on Switch... until now, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom