• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Serious Who wins in a fight

Which is the better song / live rendition?

• Total voters
This is a total tangent (except for the fact that Ace Attorney has amazing music that takes me back), but...are these soundtracks and orchestral recordings available on iTunes / Apple Music? I've found AAs 1-5 on there with some creative searching, but I haven't found AA6 or any of the performance albums. (EDIT: Research is bringing up some albums on Spotify that I can't find on Apple Music / iTunes. Whyyyyy?)

On topic, I've barely played the Kingdom Hearts games and their soundtracks haven't immediately hit me like some other franchises' have, so I'm going with Ace Attorney and reserving the right to change my mind once I finally play through the KH games.

But if we're asking if the core trio of Ace Attorney (Phoenix, Apollo, Athena) could take on the core trio of Kingdom Hearts (Sora, Donald, Goofy), no, they could not.

Last edited:
Why mention this game in a thread about good music? 🤔

10cwvxl9idwa1.jpg

Having never played either game, I can offer a completely unbiased answer: Apollo Justice takes this easily.

It just feels like a way stronger performance and more confident arrangement, for one thing. Which makes sense since this is an official arrange album done by Noriyuki Iwadare, and the Kingdom Hearts track was a thing for Tommy Tallarico's ego show with no involvement from Yoko Shimomura as far as I can tell.

I think medleys are usually at a disadvantage though, and achieve most of their potential mileage out of a barrage of "hey, I recognize that!" because it's just a bunch of snippets strung together, usually without any genius elegance and at the expense of much development for any individual piece. I'm not a big fan of doing them unless you have a really good idea for how they'll fit together, like the Ocarina of Time Medley from Smash, or Aria of Sorrow combining Heart of Fire and Can't Wait Until Night into one piece.

Though in fairness, this doesn't seem like much of a medley? It doesn't sound like it's switching up very often. It starts out pretty dull, but I like the second half way better, the original version of it is probably pretty good whatever it is.

Back
Top Bottom