• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Predictions Which will be the best reviewed Nintendo first party published title this year?

Which will be the best reviewed Nintendo first party published title this year?

• Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

Votes: 103 81.1%
  • Mario & Luigi: Brothership

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Super Mario Party Jamboree

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surprise H2-2024 title (Pokémon, Shadowdrop, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Voting for Zelda. I think it already has a lot of excitement behind it, and barring some kind of major issue, should likely be received well.

I think it's really Zelda's race to lose here. Critics love a Zelda, especially a new Zelda, so it'd take a huge fumble for Echoes of Wisdom to not hit the low 90s

I don't really see any of the rest doing quite that well; maybe Mario&Luigi surprises everyone, but most entries in the series have been in that high 70s to mid 80s range and that's kinda where I see Brothership landing

Link's Awakening sits at 87 which is just a point below The Thousand Year Door... I'm pretty sure a brand new 2D Zelda after a decade that has Zelda playable and a unique gameplay mechanic, that also improves technically on LA in pretty much every way is getting a higher score than that.

I don't wanna be too optimistic but it could even break 90. I'm going with Echoes of Wisdom.

It felt like it could either be Mario & Luigi or Zelda, given something new that's in demand that the bring. Basically for Zelda it's the fact that Zelda is playable in a (likely) main Zelda game, while for Mario & Luigi it's the fact that it's a brand new Mario RPG unlike the last two that were remakes.

Between the two, I cast my vote for Mario & Luigi only because I can see the series' being beloved as a crucial key advantage.

Thank you for reading.

I'd say Zelda will get an 89 or 90.

It's only starting to dawn on me that we're getting a brand new Zelda game in just a few months. Two weeks ago we had no idea.

here is my prediction for the second half games scores
Legend of Zelda: echos of wisdom between 89 and 92
Mario & Luigi: brothership between 84 and 87
Super mario party jumboree between 80 and 82

Well, it's not called "Legend of Belda", so Echoes of Wisdom is a good bet. /s

Even if the game is great though, I can see reviewers knocking a few points for being too experimental with the gameplay, and 88 is actually a high score, so I think it'll tie or stand a little below it.

ALBW didn't even hit 95 so I think EoW would have to do some pretty crazy shit to get past even that.

If it really is just Grezzo doing this, it's their chance to show whether or not they have the sauce to really stand out.

It's tough cause on paper it's between Zelda and TTYD. Link's Awakening got a 87. I think it'll be a tie between Zelda and TTYD. Or Mario and Luigi tops them both :D

I'm betting on TTYD remake at 88. With Echoes around 87, ALBW got "only" (lmao) 91 and its god tier. And I think critic expectations are probably higher now. Dark horse, M&L might also do well, BIS got 90 back in the day and there is some hunger for it, and its very unique. But I'm not entirely sure critics will be quite a kind to it today. I'd also guess around 85. Also we got 2 other Mario RPGs recently and that might mean critics are already sated.

Gonna be a solid year at any rate.

it's been years since the last fully brand-new 2D Zelda, and it was on a less-"premium" system (seriously I love the 3DS library but I imagine nearly every first-party Switch title has a better average critical score than its equivalent 3DS title). If the game is good it'll easily dominate, barring a surprise high-profile end-of-year release.

Is this really a question? Like do people really think Zelda won't knock it out of the park? Lol the clout of being a new 2D Zelda and trying something new even if it's basically a ALBW / TOTK successor will make it score higher than TTYD for sure. Ok but being more serious I could see Zelda getting an 87-88 maybe but I think it's more likely it gets an 89+.

Anyways it's sad we even have to think about The Thousand Year Snore being the best reviewed Nintendo game of the year

I think Echoes of Wisdom is certainly the most well positioned to actually beat The Thousand-Year Door review wise, but Mario & Luigi: Brothership could surprise us as a last minute dark-horse. So hopefully we have up to two +90 Nintendo published games this year (Mario Wonder was the last one in October). Let's wait and see.

Is this really a question? Like do people really think Zelda won't knock it out of the park? Lol the clout of being a new 2D Zelda and trying something new even if it's basically a ALBW / TOTK successor will make it score higher than TTYD for sure. Ok but being more serious I could see Zelda getting an 87-88 maybe but I think it's more likely it gets an 89+.

Anyways it's sad we even have to think about The Thousand Year Snore being the best reviewed Nintendo game of the year
If Zelda doesn't beat Thousand Year Snore I submit Meh-choes of Mid-dom for its demeaning title.

Back
Top Bottom