• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Which Nintendo developer/executive would you like to meet in person?

LukasManak22

who the fuck is that
Before you start answering I know the obvious answer for most of people will probably be Shigeru Miyamoto as a top pick but try to be little more creative with other names.

Koizumi, Nogami and Aonuma are my top picks, including Miyamoto ofc.

Monolithsoft included?

If yes: Miyamoto, Aonuma, Takahashi and Honne.

If no: Just the first two.

I was going to say "none, don't see the appeal", but then Gunpei Yokoi jumped to mind. More than meeting him myself, I'd be curious to hear what he'd think of the industry nowadays, were he still alive.

I have a few important questions to ask sakurai so that's probably my pick.
If you don't consider him as a Nintendo developer then I don't know.
I have only praise for most of the staff that works at Nintendo so I don't think meeting them would be that interesting

If Itoi counts, him. I probably wouldn't talk about Mother though, just notebooks and stuff.

If music people count, Totaka. Just has good vibes imo.

I’d like to meet Iwata and tell him how the Switch has succeeded. He deserves to know.

(I know he’s gone but let me be wistful)

Hip Tanaka, Kenji Yamamoto, and Minako Hamano are up there. I've always had a ton of love for Metroid's musical identity.

Considering I don't speak Japanese, probably somebody like Bill Trinen or Doug Bowser, so I could actually have a conversation without a go-between.

James Turner would be the answer if he was still at Game Freak, there are plenty of interesting questions I could ask him. I should actually look up if he has done any interviews.

Would have loved to meet Iwata, but now i'd want to meet Furukawa. I want to see if dude has a sense of humor or he's just playing the straight face CEO persona.

I would never wanted to meet an executive in person, unless it was behind the wheel of a large automobile.
Well, the nintendo one's seem alright as far as those things go.

I'd like to have a rountable with the current leadership at Nintendo just to pick their brain on things.
As for somone I'd like to have a casual conversation/hang out with, since I also don't speak Japanese, probably the crew at NOA. Including Doug Bowser

I'd grab Reggie Fils Aime by the fat of his neck and lift him and ask him "IS your body ready now?"

stealth but not even stealth brag
I have met and talked to Reggie, Bill and other tree housers
Took pictures with Takashi Tezuka at E3
and "met" Miyamoto in a press thingy before e3, Didn't get to talk to him but I was just a few feet from him in the press groupies as he spoke lol
Took pictures with Yoshinori Ono at E3... We asked "hey can we take a picture with you? and he was like "OH YES YES--- It's OKAY... then pulled a Blanka Figure from his pocket and smiled for the camera holding Blanka near his face haha... really friendly guy!
I'm sad E3 isn't going to be what it used to be ... opportunities like this are pretty rare.

I'd like to actually get to talk to Miyamoto one day
Maybe meet Koizumi...
Sadly I never got to meet Iwata ... but I did legitimately street pass him and reggie before they started doing the gold pant's mii thing

Tetsuya Takahashi - ask him about his core philosophy on "xeno" and the future of the series

Shinya Takahashi/miyamoto/koizumi/Tanabe - ask them their approach on organizing multiple groups/studios and wildly different genres at once

Katsuya Eguchi - ask him to please come back as a lead for Animal Crossing

considering i've spent several months researching him, the obvious answer is Tomohiro Kawase.
we have a decent idea on his proper career at Nintendo, particularly with the info taken from the Gigaleak.

but everything prior, particularly his research on the Famicom/NES architecture (credited as "Kawasedo") that brought him to their attention in the first place. is severely foggy.
from what i can tell. it's likely he was a regular in the Japanese warez scene. and posted on various (not even remotely archived) BBSes of the time. but that's basically it in terms of info.

Back
Top Bottom