• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Which live-service games do you expect to see coming to Switch 2?

Making a list of some popular live service games

Already on Switch, but could be upgraded for Switch 2

Fortnite
Apex Legends
Overwatch 2
Warframe
Rocket League

Not on Switch 1, but likely coming to Switch 2

Call of Duty Warzone
Call of Duty (if it becomes an official GaaS?)

Not on Switch 1, could be on Switch 2

Final Fantasy XIV
Genshin Impact
Rainbow Six Siege
GTA Online

Not on Switch 1, seems unlikely for Switch 2 due to being owned by a competing publisher

Sea of Thieves
Halo Infinite

Not on Switch 1, up in the air due to weird circumstances with publisher

Diablo 4
Destiny 2

Not on Switch 1, seems unlikely for Switch 2 due to how PC focused the titles are

Valorant
Counter Strike 2
DotA 2
World of WarCraft
League of Legends

What do people think about some of these titles and more. What do you expect to see with GaaS games on the Switch 2?

Yup I agree with all the COD stuff. That's definitely coming.

Maybe Digital Extremes will do an update for Warframe, it must have some dedicated fanbase to not end support and remove the Switch version (looking at you Paladins!)

I could see Destiny 2 showing up, maybe in a Cloud type situation. It was Stadia, so they’re not afraid of doing cloud stuff.

I could see Square Enix trying to figure out FFXIV, even if it too is a cloud thing.

COD is a hard lock

I expect all of the likely candidates + COD + a new Nintendo live service game + a PC game that blows up like Fortnite did in 2017-2018 that gets ported to Switch.

I don't think we ever see GTA Online on a Nintendo platform just because they don't seem like the type of company to try to make it work, and I don't expect Destiny on a Nintendo platform because Sony is the kinda company to get into bungie's ear and tell them Nintendo isn't a good fit.

Palia update

Wayfinder def will come if it's succesful, runs on UE and if Digital Extremes has found success with Warframe they'd encourage it

Destiny 2 would be incredible, to be honest. Some of that great Bungie gunplay on the Switch? Oh baby.

Fall Guys is also on Switch too for the first list (not sure if it's fallen in popularity lately?) Does Dead By Daylight count if the base game needs to be paid for?

I fully expect Genshin Impact and CoD. GTAO is if they can figure out the storage issue/push most of the data to the cloud so it's a streaming thing.

As hilarious/cool it would be to see Halo Infinite on Switch, I would sooner expect Halo MCC coming to Switch and just recycle the seasons that have already since ended. A lot easier to scale down to Switch when MCC uses Unreal Engine 4 as opposed to the engine 343i built specifically for Infinite (licensing from a competing platform holder and the rest of legal mumbo jumbo aside)

Better be COD. Don’t play with me. I had to wait a whole switch generation without one.

everyone-the-professional.gif

Basically anything that's already on PS5 outside of the first party Sony ones (not including Marathon and Destiny 2)

Diablo 4 honestly doesn't seem that unrealistic to me. CoD is kind of a given I suppose. I could definitely see them trying to make FF14 run on the Switch 2.

Back
Top Bottom