• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Which color was your Yoshi in the Paper Mario Thousand Year Door remake?

Yoshi color

• Green

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • Red

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Orange

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Pink

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Black

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • White

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

Mekanos

Physically Repellant
Pronouns
he/they
611_0o52QkvCrncXEyd0YVyC0WjIdpuSDkSWh70jSjk.png

It's been a few weeks since TTYD came out so I'm curious what colors people ended up with. Originally I was gonna try for black but forgot to set a timer. I ended up with pink and was happy with that since it was my second choice.

I got Green! It’s my favorite of all of them. I thought about going for Blue since I think that was what I had on my original GCN file, but I decided against it in the end.

I got white and didn’t really care enough to figure out how to get a specific color. I would’ve preferred green but eh…the white is kinda cool.

Haven’t played far enough to get Yoshi in the remake yet, but I got green 20 years ago in the original, and I’m definitely gonna make sure I get green again in the remake. Gotta go with the default Yoshi color that’s on the box art!

Got white. I probably shouldn't have gone for that Tattle on the Clefts if I was serious about making the time for black. But white Yoshi is cute, too.

Also, I love that in the remake, the title screen adjusts for what color your Yoshi is.
I didn't know there were multiple till this moment! (Far right grey blue and Im still playing)
I've had arguments on this forum if the far right one is white or light blue so I just put white to avoid controversy lol

Wanted either Green or Black, got Green.

In my very first playthrough back in 2004 though, I got Pink, and got very confused since in every marketing materials he was green.

Pink. Not what I would have picked, personally, but it's my first time playing so I decided to just let the dice roll as if I was playing it back when I was a dumb kid who definitely wouldn't have known how the color was decided

Wanted either Green or Black, got Green.

In my very first playthrough back in 2004 though, I got Pink, and got very confused since in every marketing materials he was green.
I think in 2004 I first got green, then later playthroughs I got a couple of other colors (black and white for sure, maybe red?). I can't remember if I learned about the alternate colors from the internet or playing the game naturally. I replayed the game multiple times after it came out. I know for sure by the time I was getting black and white I was strategizing.

I spent like way longer than I needed to, so I could get blue lol, I messed up the timing of when I got the egg so it ended up making things harder for me lmao.
I named my blue yoshi Fanta lol.

I specifically went for the green one. Here's a note for anyone looking to aim for a specific color: the color timer starts as soon as you save the Yoshi egg, and you don't have to save it as soon as you are told about it. You can delay saving it until right before you fight the Iron Adonis Twins, and it'll hatch as soon as you run from the battle. I could get the egg, start the fight, perform both tattles, and flee the fight within the initial 0-6 minute window to get green with a minute or so to spare, and you could even save the tattles for later if you really want to save time. No need to have the timer wrap back around!

Got green, the only color I didn't want. Wasn't worth the effort of trying again, but I probably will be more particular about it if I play again.

Orange 3 times, green 2 times as of the remake, black once, white once, pink, red and blue never going to happen. Never gonna manip.

Got the black one in my current playthrough. Both the black and the white Yoshi are considered the most difficult colors to get iirc since they both have a timeframe of a single minute. Picked the black one cuz I think he looks the coolest.

I always get a different color every playthrough. Green is my favorite and is the first one I ever got, I’ve had Red and Black before, and this time I got Pink!

I specifically went for the green one. Here's a note for anyone looking to aim for a specific color: the color timer starts as soon as you save the Yoshi egg, and you don't have to save it as soon as you are told about it. You can delay saving it until right before you fight the Iron Adonis Twins, and it'll hatch as soon as you run from the battle. I could get the egg, start the fight, perform both tattles, and flee the fight within the initial 0-6 minute window to get green with a minute or so to spare, and you could even save the tattles for later if you really want to save time. No need to have the timer wrap back around!
I’m going to make sure I remember this for the future! Awesome tip!

I seem to always get green including this time. It seems that it lines up with the timing of going to the hot dog stand as soon as you’re able, and then playing out the fights.

I always seem to get Blue, and that’s good by me, since it’s probably my favorite.

The only one I don’t really like is White. He looks like he’s about to report me to the HOA.

I've had arguments on this forum if the far right one is white or light blue so I just put white to avoid controversy lol

Those arguments can be instantly quelled by looking at Yoshi's Story for the Nintendo 64, where these TTYD Yoshi palettes are probably based on. The black and white Yoshi's were the rare ones.

maxresdefault-2.jpg

Just regular green, I didn't need the fancy schmancy colors.
You can delay saving it until right before you fight the Iron Adonis Twins
After the egg became available, I didn't set foot outside the building until after I had already lost to the Iron Adonis Twins the first time, so I ended up delaying saving the egg even further. The egg hatched after I went back to the terminal and selected Ranked Match to fight the Iron Adonis Twins again.

Back
Top Bottom