• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Where are the listings for the Nintendo's first-party announcements from the June 2024 Nintendo Direct?

3dsboss

Nintendo Fan Always! :)
Pronouns
He/him
I am not sure if this demands a thread of its own but something interesting or unique that I have seen for last week's Nintendo Direct is that none of the larger retailers in the Americas nor the Americas e-Shop have listings for any of the first-party announcements. This seems like the first time this has happened where, usually, an hour or two after the Nintendo Direct airs, listings on the e-Shop and at retailers like GameStop start to pop-up, usually in-line with pre-orders as well, but this time was different. Could this be something to do with the prevalence of leaks over the last year of Nintendo Directs (and something that did not happen in relation to the last Nintendo Direct)? Maybe, as speculated previously with listings from Walmart and Amazon, maybe Nintendo is in negotiations with retailers or have seen that this is where leaks are coming from typically (both for announcements and then the games getting out early)? I am not sure but I just wanted to mention it as it is something is very interesting to me (especially as someone that typically does pre-order the physical copies of games once I can)! I believe listings outside of the Americas have popped up, which makes it also very interesting...!

Again, I am not sure if this warrants a new thread but I think it could be an interesting discussion for a little while! :)

Update 06/26/2024 @ 1:43 P.M.:

Nintendo has opened the listings and pre-orders!

Mario and Luigi: Brothership - https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/mario-and-luigi-brothership-switch/

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom - https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-switch/

Mario Party Jamboree - https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/super-mario-party-jamboree-switch/

Donkey Kong Country Returns HD -

No Metroid Prime 4: Beyond as of yet!

Update 06/26/2024 @ 8:11 P.M.:

GameStop and BestBuy have now put up their listings for the announcements (outside of Metroid Prime 4: Beyond):

BestBuy (Via Wario64) -

GameStop (via Wario64) -

Last edited:
Something has definitely changed. I always pre-order at Best Buy and they tend to always have the games up for pre-order that same day or the following day. Been over a week now and nothing has been listed.

OH!!! Did these just go up (would you know that by chance)? I have been checking everyday 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 ! Maybe I should have said something earlier HAHA

Edit: Maybe these did just go up? I usually use the search function on the MyNintendo Store and, as of an hour ago, Mario and Luigi and Echoes of Wisdom were not being recognized! They are not though... Interesting, interesting!

Last edited:
Something has definitely changed. I always pre-order at Best Buy and they tend to always have the games up for pre-order that same day or the following day. Been over a week now and nothing has been listed.
Yup, same here! It usually has been GameStop or BestBuy for me! In September, I believe BestBuy had them up fairly quickly after the Direct - possibly quicker than normal too

I've thought about making this thread for a day or so.

It is rather interesting because like you said, pre-orders for most first party games go up immediately after a direct. None of the first party games in last week's direct though ended with "Pre-order today on the eshop". I can understand if Nintendo was trying to limit retailer pre-orders given some recent actions, but the lack of digital pre-orders right now is more eye opening.

I'm inclined to believe that this is some sort of a new marketing strategy by Nintendo. Given that we are only three months out from Zelda releasing, it will be interesting to see how long we go before it goes up for pre-order.

Edit: @ILikeFeet casually dropped listings lol

do we know if these are eligible for the game vouchers?

It is rather interesting because like you said, pre-orders for most first party games go up immediately after a direct. None of the first party games in last week's direct though ended with "Pre-order today on the eshop". I can understand if Nintendo was trying to limit retailer pre-orders given some recent actions, but the lack of digital pre-orders right now is more eye opening.

I'm inclined to believe that this is some sort of a new marketing strategy by Nintendo. Given that we are only three months out from Zelda releasing, it will be interesting to see how long we go before it goes up for pre-order.

It's looking likely that Pyoro and/or whoever they were getting information from were scraping data from eshop listings and the delay on pages may well be in response to that.

It's looking likely that Pyoro and/or whoever they were getting information from were scraping data from eshop listings and the delay on pages may well be in response to that.

With the listings going up now, I can only imagine that Nintendo’s ninjas have located and roasted the bird and executed the chatty Kathy that was singing to the leaky beaky. Targets eliminated, back to business!

Nintendo seems to be in a pissing contest with retailers stemming from TOTK leaks. Amazon and Walmart didn't do pre-orders from TTYD HD and LM2.

Yeah, I was going to make it yesterday as a "One week since the Direct-type of thing" but it slipped my mind haha.

It is something that did interest me for that same reason. Even if the pre-orders were not available yet, the listings were not even available which I feel like probably would have been needed to advertise the announcements on the Switch e-Shop or anything. They have the new Professor Layton as a listing on the store, just without the pre-order being available for instance. It would be interesting to see if they end up going this route though with marketing! We already see them shortening the announcement to release period so maybe pre-orders will follow a similar path?

I knew this was going to happen the second I posted this thread 😭 😭 😭 😭 . I checked like 45 minutes ago and they weren't there yet so I figured it would be now or never haha!

I can't believe they are charging $60 for DCKR HD 😭
Waiting for the physical releases to go up now.

Apparently the key to get Nintendo to do something is to make a Famiboards thread asking why Nintendo hasn't done it yet.

Give me the Best Buy listings pls

This thread had wild timing, I myself was looking earlier this morning (for zelda to put in my avatar lol) and nothing was yet up

$60 for DKCR HD is heinous. Perfect example of a voucher game
Reminds me of this:
FadL-FXUEAEnIn0.jpg:large

I can only assume an NOA employee decided to lurk on Famiboards during their lunch break and finally realized what that thing they forgot to do last week was.

All the listings up on GameStop too!

Only thing missing from GS and BB now is the Zelda themed Switch Lite. I imagine it’ll be going up as well any time now, so best of luck to those who want it!

I want to preorder from BB, but I'm still holding out hope that they'll bring back their B2G1 deal so I can resubscribe and take advantage again lol. From this Direct, I'd make two different deals between Zelda, Mario and Luigi, Mario Party, DKCR HD, Metroid Prime 4, and DQIII/Ace Attorney. BB also gave me a $10 coupon to use by end of the month, so fingers crossed

Well! That kind of brings an end to the (short) journey we had here 😭😭! I have updated the original post with the GameStop and Best Buy Links! I still think it is an interesting topic - Nintendo definitely held back their listings and delayed retailers putting up their listings, probably for leaks! I guess we will see what happens during the next Direct to confirm it all! :)

Last edited:
Well! That kind of brings to end the (short) journey we had here 😭😭! I have updated the original post with the GameStop and Best Buy Links! I still think it is an interesting topic - Nintendo definitely held back their listings and delayed retailers putting up their listings, probably for leaks! I guess we will see what happens during the next Direct to confirm it all! :)
Thank you for your service. Now please make a thread asking why Nintendo hasn't put up different colored N64 controllers on their online shop.

Back
Top Bottom