• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion When will Nintendo reveal their next shows and movies?

Andre3333456

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him
Everyone wants Nintendo to produce more movies and shows and the only things we may know are the possible Nintendo projects from Nintendo Pictures and a Mario movie sequel, and Nintendo is going reveal more visual content projects in 2023 and beyond after the Mario Movie which makes me think that they will do it after the Super Mario Bros. Movie is released on dvd and blu-ray, so what do you think when is the time that Nintendo is going to reveal their upcoming shows and movies?
nintendo-film-and-tv.jpg

I would only expect Mario stuff for the time being, and it will take a while. they might say a sequel is coming in 2025 or so later in 2023 but not really much details beyond a press release.

I think after reflecting on the colourful but hollow shell that was Illumination's Mario movie, Nintendo will bow out of the movie industry for good. They'll take with them only hard-learned lessons and the hundreds of millions of dollars they managed to salvage from what was an artistically fruitless exercise.

I think after reflecting on the colourful but hollow shell that was Illumination's Mario movie, Nintendo will bow out of the movie industry for good. They'll take with them only hard-learned lessons and the hundreds of millions of dollars they managed to salvage from what was an artistically fruitless exercise.
this is sarcasm correct?

I hope before the year ends we hear about some new stuff coming. Hopefully the success of the movie really kicks things into gear even if takes a few years to see pan out. I want big animated movies and also anime TV series for more Nintendo series.

I figure they’ll at least allude to something in either the next financial report (August 3rd) or general shareholders meeting (June 23rd), since they will surely be covering the film’s performance.

The May report could’ve been the perfect timing to comment on something related to Zelda; with the Mario movie released a month earlier, TotK approaching, and the attraction currently standing where a Zelda area is rumored to be added to Universal Orlando being closed down the same day as the earnings release. I can see the merit in waiting on both the Zelda theme park and film announcements for a multitude of reasons though; especially the park, as DK has yet to open in Japan, and Orlando’s Super Nintendo World isn’t coming until 2025. There are also rumors of Universal Japan pursuing Animal Crossing instead of Zelda; sounds like something that needs to be resolved so they can make a uniform announcement.

Knowing it is speculation so obviously not confirmed fact, Kit and Krysta speculated on a podcast that Nintendo isn’t ready to capitalize on the Mario movie’s success and I kind of agree. They don’t have the infrastructure to take on so many non-video game projects at once so I’d imagine we’re going to be waiting a bit before we hear about a Mario sequel, or a DK or Zelda movie.

I wish. That movie was terrible. The wost Mario movie, which is saying a lot.

Donkey kong country, luigis mansion, and captain toad treasure tracker seem like obvious next steps. I can see peach getting her own movie as well, then it culimates in the super mario bros movie 2

Yes, I've heard people want Nintendo make a mario movie sequel with Wario as the main villain and a Zelda film.
You've actually got it mixed up. People want a Zelda film with Wario as the main villain. That's what I've heard, anyway.

I see a lot of people saying “give it to Dreamworks”, but I am wondering if Illumination could surprise like Dreamworks did with How to Train your Dragon, which was a step up in tone and maturity than everything that had come before aside from The Prince of Egypt.

I see a lot of people saying “give it to Dreamworks”, but I am wondering if Illumination could surprise like Dreamworks did with How to Train your Dragon, which was a step up in tone and maturity than everything that had come before aside from The Prince of Egypt.

I mean, they could, but DreamWorks would be a safer pick for quality (not Box Office numbers though, which is really what matters).

Back
Top Bottom