• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion When do you think we will see Metroid Prime 4 next?

When do you think we will see Metroid Prime 4 next?

• The Game Awards 2021

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Early 2022 Direct

• E3 2022

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • Late 2022

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
I see a teaser at E3 2022 with MP1 Remaster. If not, early 2023 to not hurt MP1 sales.

If it's in a decent shape to show a scene or 2, before years end as they'd be daft to not strike while people are still in a dread buzz.

But it's Nintendo so probably next E3

Next e3 at most after the success of dread might aswell not wait too long

Fifteen years from now. We will all have given up any hope on it years and years ago. Then, out of nowhere, they just reveal it in a Direct along with a development history video where they tell the vision for game could not be realized on the hardware of the 2020s.

Hedging that Zelda will be at VGA with a proper full length trailer and a date and title reveal so I would go for e3 2022 as the one last thing , release 2023

Late 2022 is my guess.

There's enough that Nintendo could stand to show off with a full showcase of BOTW2 at E3 (among others). That, along with (Re)Prime being next year's designated "Metroid release", means I could easily see a scenario where they're not in any particular hurry to show Prime 4 before they're ready.

At best, maybe Prime's remake itself will include a teaser for Prime 4, and then get the (Morph) ball rolling for that release in 2023.

If Metroid Prime Remastered is indeed a thing then a 2022 launch for 4 is right out. Maybe a sneaky teaser next year to keep interest high, but not a full blown reveal.

Honestly I can see Prime 4 being a launch window game for the Switch's successor, and will be revealed properly at the same time.

Bayonetta 3 I could see being a late April/early May release, so if the season of the witch isn't happening near Halloween, Nintendo could be trying to capture lightning in a bottle twice by putting MP4 up as the October 2022 game for eerie and creepy atmospheres.

Whenever the Switch 2 / Switch 4k is revealed. That'll be the game they use to sell the higher graphical capabilities.

So I'm thinking late 2022 or January 2023.

Metroid Prime 1 Remake or whatever could appear at TGA to capitalize on the current Metroid hype and momentum.

Metroid Prime 4 then at E3 for a release in 2023.

E3 probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's even later than that. The purported Prime remake complicates things - if it is indeed coming before 4, I imagine Nintendo won't want it competing with another Metroid title for the spotlight.

If the Prime remake rumor is true we'll see Prime remake trailer and teaser for 4, 4 is def next year

E3 2022 the earliest.

Probably the rumoured Prime remaster/remake earlier may be announced earlier for October 2022, so I wouldn't be surprised if MP4 is scheduled for 2023 as a cross-gen game.

Metroid Prime Remake in the next early year Direct and Metroid Prime 4 at E3 2022 are my guesses.

E3 2022 would probably be enough time to give Dread breathing room while still riding its wave.

But that would also be a good time to do a small announcement for Prime Remake if it's even further out so...

Back
Top Bottom