• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions When Do you think the Prime 2 and 3 Remasters Will Drop?

When do you think they will drop?

• Shadowdrop this year Prime 2 only

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Shadowdrop this year Prime 2+3

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 2024 first half prime 2 only

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 2024 first half prime 2+3

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • 2024 second half prime 2 only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2024 second half prime 2+3

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

lemonfresh

#Team2024
Pronouns
He/Him
So Early this year we got the prime 1 remasters but after this direct despite being rumored by insiders we got no info on prime 2 and 3 remasters. What happened to these remasters and when do you think they will drop. Bonus question do you think they will be full graphical overhaul like prime 1 or just basic remasters. And also do you think the will be separate or come together?

I'd assume shadowdrop in Feb like this year unless Prime 4 isn't even 2024

And given that we've heard the scope is lower I think they'll be bundled unless that's changed

wouldn't it be smarter to release them before to build up the hype for prime 4
no it wouldn't necessarily be smart to overdose on Metroid Prime before the new exciting game comes out. Prime 1 is the beloved one and got a full makeover, the others are "divisive" let's say so idk if releasing basic HD ports is going to do anything except take away from making Prime 4 feel like a big event when it comes out - I also think you want to have Metroid games to release after Prime 4 comes out so there isn't another decades long drought

Honestly, a shadowdrop at the TGA while not very likely - would definitely make some noice.

But at this point, who knows.. would work in february or so next year to.

first quarter of next year doesnt look too hot - Unsure of the potential of the peach game and 2 remasters with limited sales potential.
Could boost that quarter a bit.

I still say that Prime 1 is all that people need

Especially if Retro future is Prime 5 you need stop gaps like Prime 2 and 3

I think we'll have a sort of Pikmin announcement on this, with a trailer and release date sometime in 2024 for MP4 and following on from that the Prime HD2+3 announcement, available on the eshop immediately.

What I'd really like is for Prime 2 and Prime 3 to get the same care as Prime Remastered, but I don't think that's what they're going to do.

If they're not releasing Prime 2 now... I kinda have my hopes up they're going all in with the asset overhauls and making 2 and 3 look real pretty. If that's the case, 2 is first half 2024 and 3 is 2025 (yes, after Prime 4 comes out). If not, Prime 2+3 is in the January Direct next year.

Like May 2024, with Prime 4 launching with Switch 2 between August and November sometime.

If they're actually doing proper remasters, let them take as long as they want.

I see three possibilities.

• Prime 2 gets shadow dropped at TGA's or in the Spring Direct. Prime 3 gets a summer drop. Prime 4 in the fall.
  • Prime 2/3 are shadow dropped together sometime in 2024. Prime 4 in the fall.
  • Prime 2 and 3 are not released before Prime 4 launches.
At this point, I lean towards the third scenario as most likely.

So Early this year we got the prime 1 remasters but after this direct despite being rumored by insiders we got no info on prime 2 and 3 remasters. What happened to these remasters and when do you think they will drop. Bonus question do you think they will be full graphical overhaul like prime 1 or just basic remasters. And also do you think the will be separate or come together?
  1. Release schedule shuffling.
  2. Maybe next year?
  3. I expect basic remasters but hoping against hope for a whole graphical overhaul.
  4. Basic remasters = packaged together; Full graphical overhaul = separate releases.

At this point I’m worried we may not get them at all. Unless Prime 4 is even further out than we thought, it’s hard for me to see them squeezing them together so close, and also weird to release them afterwards. I still hope they’re real but this Direct gives me doubts.

I’m thinking something like this:
double pack like pikmin 1+2 early next year with Metroid prime 4 crossgen holiday 2024.

Depends on when Metroid Prime 4 is releasing, I think. If we're not seeing Prime 4 until September 2024 or later, I could see them squeezing 2+3 HD into H1. If the MP4 and the Switch NG is mid-2024 though, we probably aren't seeing them until 2025 at the earliest, but at least they're more likely to be fuller remasters in that scenario.

Game Awards. Way too many people are discounting it because Nintendo hasn’t been into it as much when Reggie was there. Metroid Prime still fits with a shadow drop there

Back
Top Bottom