• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fami? |3/3-3/5|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
c7d12745f497dd8c932e454a6600a25390c20a59_hq.gif

HAPPY WEEKEND, FAM!

You know what time it is: time to tell us what games you're gonna play this weekend!

----------------------------------------------
Crisis-Core-Final-Fantasy-VII-Reunion.jpg

Final Fantasy Crisis Core Reunion (NSW)

I've only played a few hours so far, but I'm really enjoying it. The combat is a bit simplistic, but it works well and is a lot of fun. The bite-sized missions are enjoyable to complete. The visuals look pretty good, although there are times where you can tell that it used to be a PSP game. The one complaint I have is with Zack's English voice actor - he just doesn't sound good to me at all. He sounds like a bratty kid. Maybe Zack is supposed to be a bratty kid? In any case I don't like it. I switched to the Japanese voices and I think Zack sounds a lot better now.

---------------------------------------

Your turn. Let us know what you're playing this weekend!

Probably some DKC1, Super Mario World and maybe some Ty the Tasmanian Tiger HD

Octopath 2 all day and night!
Seriously had plans for the weekend but was a goddam long week. Somehow all the companies I sent resumes in December contacted me asking for an interview this week so had to take 4 of them and still manage my work activites so I really just want to rest and bask in the grandiose 2d HD landscapes of the game

I think it’s gonna be a mix of watching my girlfriend play The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap, and picking at Yakuza Like A Dragon Ishin!

How are you finding the CCFF7R music?

I'm playing Wo Long, PowerWash ff7 DLC, Digimon, and Ib on Steam.

Kirby was amazing. I'll get to minigames with friends in the future.

iu

My three heart run of Breath of the Wild continues (with DLC for the first time!!) before Tears releases. I spent the week conquering the first biome of Returnal as an extended demo of its PC port and my introduction to the game, but I'm immediately back to searching for a certain legendary white stallion...

to be honest i haven't really noticed it at all
Interesting. I liked it quite a bit. I'm still waiting for them to release it on Apple Music or iTunes for sale since I prefer Reunion's music to the OG.

Hope you make good progress in it this weekend.

Octopath Traveler II is going kind of bad because I thought of playing it on 2 platforms at once. :ROFLMAO:

Was going to play a variety of stuff but I am way into Wo Long, so I’m gonna stick to it for now! (And a little Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic on iPad)

Going to finish 3 games:

Like a Dragon: Ishin, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap & Grim Guardians: Demon Purge. Also finished the Wo Long demo just before.

Then with those done, it's time to start Bayonetta 3 & Trauma Center: New Blood.

iu

Soon as I saw that art, I knew I had to buy it. One of those series from Atlus I've never tried but wanted to. Now I've got my Wii U out of storage again, no better time to.

Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star.

Kirby Return to Dream Land.

Finished the main story now onto the Magolor epilogue.

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan.
Only a couple of hours in, but I’m really enjoying the story and the creepy atmosphere.

Metroid Prime Remastered - Part of me wants to look for all expansions but the other part of me wants to just go ahead and get the last artifact, fight the last couple of bosses and finish the game.

Splatoon 3 - BIG RUN

Monster Hunter Rise (PS5) - Grinding for talismans tbh and might learn Gunlance.

iu

My three heart run of Breath of the Wild continues (with DLC for the first time!!) before Tears releases. I spent the week conquering the first biome of Returnal as an extended demo of its PC port and my introduction to the game, but I'm immediately back to searching for a certain legendary white stallion...

Returnal is so much fun once it really clicks, but yeah...I never did find that certain white horse either. Might be time to change that myself!

Beat Fire Emblem 7 earlier today, going to spend the rest of the weekend playing more RDR2 I think.

I beat Kirby, the Xenoblade 3 DLC, and Theatrhythm from last week, so I’m moving back to Fire Emblem GBA (I cleared two more maps last night!) and continuing with Like A Dragon Ishin. For now I put Octopath Traveler II at the top of my backlog, though the high praise does make me want to boot it up sooner than later. Glad to be down to 2-3 games again.

I’m also going to a lagoon / park with friends on Sunday I haven’t been to so that’ll be fun.

Pivoting off Layton X Wright to take a stack of cash and light it on fire pay my tithe to Nintendo and focus on getting my 3DS and Wii U affairs in order before they’re sent off onto the ice floe in 3 weeks and change.

Looking like a 4th playthrough of Metroid Dread and the millionth playthrough of Pokemon Blue since Gamefreak was a kill joy this Pokemon day and not releasing it on the Switch.

Returnal is so much fun once it really clicks
Yeah it is! I was going full "no guide mode" for the first several hours, but once I looked up the healing mechanic I was able to progress much easier and understand the gambling involved a bit better. Absolutely incredible game.

I never did find that certain white horse either. Might be time to change that myself!
Oh, you absolutely should! I always roll with the steed once I find them.

I'll be finishing off the World-e levels in the GBA port of Mario 3. I am confident of 100%ing this one. About a dozen stages left to do.

On top of that I started Metroid II earlier. I don't think it's going to be particularly long as I've taken out many Metroids already and have also found the Varia Suit in about 1.5 hours. It controls so much better than the twitchy NES prequel. It's also a lot more forgiving. I'm zipping through it. But it's lacking a certain je ne sais quoi. I wouldn't call it boring, but it's not as thrilling as the blurb described it! Looks good with the Game Boy Color palette.

I'll probably also play some more Strikey Sisters with my partner, for whom I just bought Luigi's Mansion 3 as a birthday gift--so I may watch/play that with her.

I have a week off work and I'm wondering whether to start something BIG. And then a small voice in the back of my head is telling me to clear some of my backlog of abandoned BIG games... 😅

I seem to be on a real retro kick at the moment, really getting value out if my NSO sub.

Have a super weekend, all. 🤘

Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star.

Kirby Return to Dream Land.

Finished the main story now onto the Magolor epilogue.

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan.
Only a couple of hours in, but I’m really enjoying the story and the creepy atmosphere.
How are you finding fist of the north star compared to prior fitness boxing games if you played?

Still Umineko. Might take a break after episode 2 to start either Engage or Judgement.

How are you finding fist of the north star compared to prior fitness boxing games if you played?
It’s actually my first fitness boxing game as I usually just do Ring Fit most days. I’m halfway through the extra levels in Ring Fit and fancied something a little different, so I tried the Boxing demo and loved it.

Sorry, I couldn’t say what it’s like compared to the previous versions. All I can say is that they never really appealed to me until this one. The ridiculousness of it, the great music, and actually beating up people making it feel more like a game is what got my interest.

Octopath Traveler II is going kind of bad because I thought of playing it on 2 platforms at once. :ROFLMAO:
Now that is devotion I'd say. Having two saves going on at once in a 60-100 hours game (this is a guess btw) is brave to say the least!
I beat Kirby, the Xenoblade 3 DLC, and Theatrhythm from last week, so I’m moving back to Fire Emblem GBA (I cleared two more maps last night!) and continuing with Like A Dragon Ishin. For now I put Octopath Traveler II at the top of my backlog, though the high praise does make me want to boot it up sooner than later. Glad to be down to 2-3 games again.

I’m also going to a lagoon / park with friends on Sunday I haven’t been to so that’ll be fun.
Enjoy wrapping up FE and Ishin and then join us in the Octopath ST. We need more travelers!

If I'm to actually contribute to the topic at hand then yes, I'm also still playing OT 2. Will probably be when next week's thread rolls around as well, and maybe the one after that?

It’s actually my first fitness boxing game as I usually just do Ring Fit most days. I’m halfway through the extra levels in Ring Fit and fancied something a little different, so I tried the Boxing demo and loved it.

Sorry, I couldn’t say what it’s like compared to the previous versions. All I can say is that they never really appealed to me until this one. The ridiculousness of it, the great music, and actually beating up people making it feel more like a game is what got my interest.

No problem. Glad you are enjoying it. Does it have "You wa shock"?

Also are you going to do Ring Fit and FB FOTNS alternate days?

Now that is devotion I'd say. Having two saves going on at once in a 60-100 hours game (this is a guess btw) is brave to say the least!

Enjoy wrapping up FE and Ishin and then join us in the Octopath ST. We need more travelers!

If I'm to actually contribute to the topic at hand then yes, I'm also still playing OT 2. Will probably be when next week's thread rolls around as well, and maybe the one after that?

Yea it is a very dumb decision, but the original OT is one of my top 10 games ever so.

I cleared another five maps tonight, so I made some excellent progress in Fire Emblem. Not sure how many more days it’ll take me, but happy I feel like I’m getting better at this game. Feeling more optimistic I’ll have time for Octopath sooner than later, but no promises haha.

I'll be doing the third dungeon on Minish Cap, and perhaps a little kinstone roaming on that. Also continuing with my post-credits return to XBC 3, finishing stray side quests, generally enjoying the world of it, and perhaps doing Wave 3 of the DLC if I've time.

Want to start A Space for the Unbound, but I'll probably have to try and work tomorrow so won't have the time.

No problem. Glad you are enjoying it. Does it have "You wa shock"?

Also are you going to do Ring Fit and FB FOTNS alternate days?
Not so far, but all I’ve been doing is the basic training, and since I have the coordination of a drunk duck on ice, he’s been pretty much telling me to watch my movements and stay focused while silently questioning his life choices.

That’s the plan. I was hoping for some Ring Fit dlc as I’m getting quite bored of it, but mixing it up with the boxing seems the next best thing.

I'll be doing the third dungeon on Minish Cap, and perhaps a little kinstone roaming on that. Also continuing with my post-credits return to XBC 3, finishing stray side quests, generally enjoying the world of it, and perhaps doing Wave 3 of the DLC if I've time.

Want to start A Space for the Unbound, but I'll probably have to try and work tomorrow so won't have the time.
Didn't realise Big Run was this weekend so add 'maybe some Splatoon 3' to the little list.

I’m playing power outage simulator while the power company plays tree cutting simulator.

Oh, and Theatrhythm.

More Return to Dream Land, since I seem to enjoy it most playing it in small bursts, and FFXIV. Caught up with the main story now so checking out other stuff until I inevitably get bored and unsub.

Seems like this weekend i'm going to be a bit sidetracked, but i still have some stuff to play

Doom 64 (Nightdive)

Got it on Steamgifts, and the giveaway was from the Playing Appreciated group, so the least i can do is to give it a spin. Already have it on the Xbox App and Switch, but there's never enough Doom 64

Metroid Prime

Neglected it this week, but it's time to keep going through Phendrana

Euro Truck Simulator 2

You guessed it. That trucking empire is not going to build itself.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

So much from being burnt out of the series lol. Started it out of curiosity and i'm right about to finish the third case. Most likely i'll be reporting it as a finished game pretty soon.

Last edited:
Basically all of my video game time has fallen through this weekend! But I’ve gotten some more Diablo III in. If you haven’t played in a while and/or are looking forward to IV in June, I really can’t recommend this current season enough. It feels like such a fun, blow the doors off and screw around celebration of a soon to be 11(!) year old game. A perfect send off

Brain on: Mario's Super Picross (Mario Level 7)
Brain off: Snakeybus

Another random quip I just got was to pull up Life Is Strange again. Maybe play Life Is Strange 2 when I'm done.

I'm reminded why it's probably the most flawed of my top 10 games. It's pretty plastic-looking and stiff, has one-note characters and some pretty problematic aspects of its plot, not to mention a complete and utter butchering of its final chapter. Other than that, the game has mad vibes and a top-tier gut-punch of an ending. There's nothing quite like it in games, when it comes to its dreamy autumn Oregon setting, the fitting soundtrack, and the endearing slow-burn friendship of its leads.

I’ve put a few hours into Crisis Core and I’m really liking it. It’s not perfect, but it’s so much fun. And even Zack’s English voice actor is growing on me.

This game is making me to excited to finally play FF7R!

Any of my free gaming time this weekend has been with Theatrhythm.
I’ve had to wait on a lot of things at work and playing a couple of songs in between some of that’s been really good.
Working specifically on clearing the quests in the game. Might be able to finish them all in the next week or so.

Back
Top Bottom