• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fam? |6/9-6/11|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy weekend, fami! What are the games you're gonna spend your free time with?

For me, I'm gonna play some more Street Fighter 6. I've been working my way through the arcade mode (on easy cause I'm bad). I might start World Tour mode, maybe hop online some, I donno. I'm having fun and that's all that matters. I'll also spend time with Super Mario RPG, which I just started a few days ago. I've never played this game before, but I know it's got quite the reputation! I'm only an hour in; just far enough to have beaten the tutorial boss and have Mallow join the party.

Have at it, pals. I hope you all have a great weekend!

I think I'm going to try for the final boss in Zelda. I have most of the depths mapped and 120ish shrines but I think I'm ready to finish the story now.

After that I might go back to Octopath Traveller 2 for a very different kind of game. Or back to Advance Wars.... hard choices.

I'm gonna start my first Regional quest in Zelda! Spent way too much time exploring areas unrelated to the main quest whoops.

Has anyone gotten tired of people saying Tears of the Kingdom? Because for me it’s still Tears of the Kingdom.

Tears of the Kingdom would have engulfed all my time spent chipping away at the backlog, so unfortunately I had to stop playing it. So this weekend, I will be playing both Paper Mario: The Origami King and Grandia III, alternating between both of them.

I finished Tears of the Kingdom last weekend so I am on a Zelda sabbatical after a 110+ hour adventure over the course of ~23 days. Unfortunately I am away from home this weekend so I can't play Street Fighter. I brought some Switch games so it will be a combination of Mega Man, Ninja Turtles, Mario Kart, and maybe Advance Wars 2.

Just started Act 3 of Ghost of Tsushima, 70 hours in.
I fully liberated the areas in act 1 and 2, might just push through to finish*

*Unless the OCD kicks in again :)

I didn’t get to play last weekend so I still have Alundra at the top of my list.

There are any number of Game Boy games to circle back to as well.

Not sure, finished ToTK for now. May try to knock out endings c/d/e in Nier replicant or work on my second FEWTH route(golden deer, kill). Maybe finish TGAA2R in the evenings. Probably figure out my next jrpg

I might delete Diablo IV and TOTK by Monday. I need to play more games but these keep calling for me.

When I’m able to get some TV time in, it’s all about that Diablo IV. Having a great time so far! The more open structure really sucks you in. Have barely left the first zone, and there are five big assed zones!

With Zelda done I need to line up some stuff for Switch, which I can play the most readily. Feeling like a replay. Maybe a Final Fantasy, in honour of my imminent missing an FF release for the first time in 23 years with XVI 🥲

Zelda. About to get my fourth dungeon at around 125/130 hours so taking my time with the game story wise. I do have a lot of the side stuff done up to this point. I imagine I only feel like I did a lot so far but probably haven't.

Just got Unsighted, a game that I was intrigued by a year ago, then forgot about, then managed to track down and buy.

It's extremely difficult, does the (insert heavy sigh) "come pick up your currency where you died" thing, and the graphics are kinda messy. Otherwise I really dig it, the exploration is very Zelda-esque, and the combat is tense and satisfying.

Also chipping away at the Advance series of Super Mario on GBA NSO.

Approaching 100 hours in Tears of the Kingdom and I've just completed my third regional phenomenon quest. Probably focus on shrines and light roots for a little bit after this.

I could do with a little Zelda break, so I'll likely get some Big Run time in this weekend too.

I might delete Diablo IV and TOTK by Monday. I need to play more games but these keep calling for me.
I finished the story, 120 shrines(through wandering), the three labyrinths and all the side adventures I found. I’m at 110 hours. It is now out of my switch physical slot for fewth(for now).

I finished Zelda earlier this week after 110+ hours. I might boot it up once to clear one cave network I forgot about and to kill a Frox, but otherwise I’ve moved on. I had a played a little here and there, but now I’m properly invested in Golden Sun. I now have a party of four and just cleared the first lighthouse so I’m a decent way in. Having a good time! My goal is to beat it before FFXVI drops which seems reasonable.

I'm going to be out of town and might leave the Switch at home this weekend. But I will be packing a book... about video games...

I finished Zelda earlier this week after 110+ hours. I might boot it up once to clear one cave network I forgot about and to kill a Frox, but otherwise I’ve moved on. I had a played a little here and there, but now I’m properly invested in Golden Sun. I now have a party of four and just cleared the first lighthouse so I’m a decent way in. Having a good time! My goal is to beat it before FFXVI drops which seems reasonable.
I look forward to revisiting it for the first time in years when it hits nso

Hopefully finishing up the side dungeon I'm on in Live A Live and then taking the final boss to the cleaners. Maybe some Big Run if I'm feeling spicy. If I get a credits roll on LAL I'm going back to TotK for a bit but that seems unlikely at my current pace.

And I sorta want to do some more solo board gaming too but I don't think there's enough hours for that 😅

I'll also spend time with Super Mario RPG, which I just started a few days ago. I've never played this game before, but I know it's got quite the reputation! I'm only an hour in; just far enough to have beaten the tutorial boss and have Mallow join the party.
Enjoy the ur-Shimomura RPG soundtrack, you're in for a treat!

I finished-up the Primordial Malzeno fight for MH Rise - pretty much beat all the quests and crafted all the armors so I'm at a point where I can just play Anomaly Investigations just to have fun, but will probably put this down for a bit for now.

I just found out Splatoon 3 has a Big Run event so will probably play that. I also just started Dark Souls III today so I'll probably chip at that through June. I took a break from Zelda for a little over a week by now - I think I'm mentally prepared to dive back into that now. I stopped right at the beginning of the Fire Temple so looking forward to that.

Last edited:
Still working on TotK. I'm done the story to the point where I think I could just go finish it if I wanted to but I'm just enjoying running around and doing things here and there. Usually just pick a place to go explore for a bit.
I think I've got most of the sky islands dealt with so I'm gonna go rummage around in the depths for a while since I haven't prioritized that as heavily.

My Switch is still taken over, but i have some room to breathe, so i'll most likely continue my Tears of the Kingdom adventure. Finally reached Death Mountain!

Also, got myself Breakers Collection (Breakers is a really REALLY underrated Neo Geo FG, i used to play it in arcades a lot), and i'm looking into replaying the original Ace Attorney trilogy. Yes, again.

I dunno, i'm kinda all over the place this week, lots of stuff has happened, and i haven't been planning my daily gaming sessions. I feel like a mess.

Been playing a lot of Splatoon since the new season so that mostly
I also got the collectors edition for Grapple Dog so will probably try that out

Finished EO yesteday, so finishing other things I left for Zelda. Playing Batboy right now and its very cool. Tight controllers and once you unlock all the movesets you can do some crazy platforming

Splatoon 3 - tried some of the Big Run event last night and was not a fan of the weapon selection so only had a few rounds

LoZ: TotK - Now on the Lightning Temple so will likely finish that area by the end of the day

Midnight Fight Express - Do a few levels of this as a break away from Zelda, still enjoying it and I like the way it opens up with the way combat works the more you unlock.

Cycling between Puzzle Bobble (it's Bust-A-Move, dammit), Magical Drop 6 and We Love Katamari. It's the chill puzzle weekend for me.

Splatoon 3 - tried some of the Big Run event last night and was not a fan of the weapon selection so only had a few rounds

LoZ: TotK - Now on the Lightning Temple so will likely finish that area by the end of the day

Midnight Fight Express - Do a few levels of this as a break away from Zelda, still enjoying it and I like the way it opens up with the way combat works the more you unlock.
the code for in-line spoilers is [ ispoiler ] [ /ispoiler ] without the spaces. i went ahead and fixed your spoiler tag 😅

Back
Top Bottom