• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fam? |4/21-4/23|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
54792d10b60122533c6cc02005c461a3.gif

Happy Friday, fami! It's time for your weekly "what are you playing?" thread! Tell us all about the games you're gonna be playing this weekend. Whether you're grinding levels in an RPG, getting podiums in MK8DX online, or even playing a mobile game, we wanna hear about it!

-------------------------------------
This is what I'll be playing this weekend:

tumblr_pxudffQ0w91txj8weo2_540.gifv

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)

I'm still stuck in to FF7R and it's still incredible. I just wish I had more time to play! I'm in chapter 14 which feels like sidequest time. I would love to see everything this game has to offer and maybe eventually get the platinum, so I'm doing every sidequest I come across. The game is such a blast that it doesn't really matter what it's got me doing, I just love being in this world.

OIP.7rdnrKh__fsKm03Q3O6c1QAAAA

Street Fighter 6 Demo (PS5)

SF6 demo outta nowhere! This is one of my most anticipated games of the year, and I'm not even big into fighting games! I can't wait to get some time with the demo this weekend.

OIP.rYLFdDc0gAZOfmjhrXECfgAAAA

MLB The Show 23 (XSS)

If I've got any time left over (and let's be honest, I won't), then I'll play some MLBTS. I finished the Negro League story lines mode which was great, and next I'm gonna start a character for Road to the Show.

---------------------------------------

Your turn, fam. Here's to a great weekend!​

I wrapped up Like A Dragon Ishin this week and it was incredible and my favorite new game so far this year. I’m all set to enjoy Advance Wars Reboot Camp and Golden Sun for my Wii U backlog project. While I have played Advance Wars 2, I haven’t played AW1 or Golden Sun so I’m excited to dive into both. It’s going to be a very GBA heavy weekend!

Let's see:
  • Octopath Traveler II (NSW)
  • Advance Wars Reboot Camp (NSW)
  • FIFA 23 (PS5)
And if my friend who I'm doing a run with comes over, maybe
  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS5)
My XBSS is currently sitting very lonely on the TV cabinet :(

Lots of stuff I bought in the last week so I expect to be busy with them in the next few days. I think I'll deal with Advance Wars first as I'm very familiar with it (gonna be 15th+ playthrough for the first one), then I'll dive into other stuff, Teslagrad 1-2, DNF Duel, Minecraft Legends, Disney Speedstorm and Mageseeker. I also got FF5-6 but I think I'm gonna take my time with those. I also am still playing Remnant From the Ashes in between my RPG sessions.

I wrapped up Yakuza 0 last week - my first experience with the series, which I absolutely adored - and wanted to play some smaller games before jumping into another longer one, so after seeing the Mario movie, I’ve gone through Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Super Mario Land 1 & 2, and now playing through Super Mario World for the first time ever - will be wrapping that up for the first time this weekend and diving into Yoshi’s Island!

Played Coffee Talk during the week, which I really enjoyed. Now I’m going straight into its sequel which just came out. A little tricky to talk about the new one, which is the most direct of direct sequels. But I’m into it as well. It’s also just got a great subtitle: Hibiscus & Butterfly.

Also on Game Pass: a town life farming game where you are a witch is out today. Homestead Arcana. I have no idea if it’ll be any good. Great premise to start with, anyway! I’ll try and report back on this one.

I think my 2023 Play A Bunch of Diablo Before The New Diablo Bonanza is just about finished. About to hit Hell difficulty with my assassin, which is usually about as far as I like to go solo. Then I’ll be recharging for IV

I've been playing a lot of Zelda games in anticipation of Tears of the Kingdom. Finished OoT3D and Oracle of Ages earlier this week, now on another playthrough of Majora's Mask 3D with the restoration patch. That's going to keep my attention for most of the weekend, I think, but I will most likely try to get some Resident Evil 3 Remake and Theatrhythm in there as well.

Last edited:
Finished Crisis Core Reunion now so I'm gonna play some more FF1 Pixel Remaster, not going to start anything too heavy because XC3 DLC is out on Tuesday and want to leave the slate clear for that.

ADVANNNNCCCCCCCCE WAAAAARRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS REEBOOOOOOOT CAMMPPPPPPPP MOTHER FUDGERS

flips table, headbutts wall, passes out

My copy of advance wars is Mia, soooo…. Not sure, either try to get some rhythm going on FFVIII or Rhapsody or get back to Nier replicant. Oh and there’s the republic commando demo

Advance Wars Reboot Camp will be on my list this weekend, maybe try and put more time into Dragonball Z Kakarot and possibly Elden Ring as well.

Going to try and bang out Fire Emblem Engage and Metroid Prime before my future is redeemed on Tuesday. I think I'm on the last chapter in Fire Emblem and I'm near the end of Metroid Prime as well.

Finish Tale of Symphonia. Not sure what else yet. I was going to download the Republic Commandos trial but then they announced Xenoblade 3 dlc for the 25th and now I can't download both.

I'm gonna be busy tonight/tomorrow but hopefully by Saturday night I can go through DLC2 and DLC3 for Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Nintendo getting all of us shook with DLC4: Future Redeemed releasing on April 25th! Absolutely crazy! It has to be knocked out before Zelda TOTK.

And Sunday will go hard and finish Gravity Rush 2 (PS5 via PS4 BC). Over halfway through the main story, might just skip more of the side missions and challenges.

Either way, fun weekend incoming :D

Last edited:
Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp is the big draw for me this weekend, been waiting a long time. I'll also be playing a few sessions of Disney Speedstorm in between, really enjoying it actually.

I'd also like to play some more Wild Hearts if my kids ever let me on the PS5.

The announcement of Picross S9 got me to pick Picrooss S Genesis & Master System edition again. I dropped it for a while after getting stuck on one of the puzzles. Is this what I get for turning off all of the difficulty helper features? But I want that nice icon on my menu screen......

Here's hoping that I can start Picross S7 by the time S9 comes out...and before Tears of the Kingdom consumes all of my gaming time.

Started the FF PR with Final Fantasy 1. It's a blast, but easy mode my ass, a group of 6 scorpions killed everyone expect the warrior

Well, I "just" finished Shuugoku no Seventh Heim, but prepping a stream for it tonight.

....I don't know what it says about me being the only one the internet that seemingly played it, if twitter is any indication.

At this point of time, I got two games ongoing.

Okami HD. The one I started thinking that it should be relatively fast. I love the game in general but every time I think that I am coming to the end, something new pops up. Come on! I defeat Orochi and there's another big bad? I conquered Oni Island, with all those build-up and there's still more?! That said, I'm getting used to the combat system and kickin' demon arse with all the different potential combos is so much fun.

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee. It all started simply because I was looking at my extra Alolan Geodude shiny in Pokemon Go and thought, 'I can't transfer that to Pokemon Shield, Arceus, Brilliant Diamond or Violet. Pokemon Let's Go is my final hope.' It has been surprisingly fun so far. I didn't expect to enjoy the romp through Kanto to be so enjoyable at first. It's slightly familiar but it has been so long since I went back to Kanto in previous generations. My objective is to at least reach the part of the game when I can transfer my Pokemon Go shinies to my Let's Go game but... if there's still some time before TOTK, I'll probably go all the way.

A third gaming device surely can fuck up one's schleude. I'm still deciding what to play this weekend. Let's see...

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
I have the game on Switch, but didn't remember that the console where i actually played it to completion (and even bought the DLC!) was Wii U! After booting it with the hybrid to fool around for a bit, it turned out i had just finished Vah Ruta.

Well, i'm aiming to fix that.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Open world weekend, it seems. Seeing screenshots and videos of Burning shores got me hyped and i want to download Forbidden West on PS5, but not before finishind this. I'm leaving the Hunters guild subquest and getting back to the main story. Gotta progress beyond Meridian.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
No, i haven't gone crazy. I started streaming it on youtube two weeks ago, but haven't been able to get back since then. I want to continue the stream.

Again, there's the chance of playing some extra games here and there, most likely Gran Turismo 7 and Pokémon Scarlet again, but who knows, i may end up not playing neither.

I dunno, i want to go out for a long walk tomorrow, it's been a stressful week.

Managed to pump a lot more time into Metroid Fusion during my work trip. Will play more of that next week.

This weekend though:

Pulseman just released on Switch Online (Mega Drive/Genesis) so been playing that and it's really good. Stunning looking gem.

Also returning to Stranger of Paradise (PS5) once again now I'm back from my work trip. The bosses are getting really easy at this point lol. Wondering how long I have left now, not because I'm getting bored with it or anything. It's great for a casual playthrough.

Going to buy the Battle Network Collection (Switch) and play some Mega Man which I've never played before. Can't wait. The battle system looks insane.

Also going to finish off Paranormasight (Switch) this weekend. Game has been an absolute blast and easily one of my GOTY contenders. If you're a fan of Visual Novels/Adventure games, especially with horror/mystery themes, it's a must play, seriously. So, so overlooked. It's another 428. Cult classic.

Gonna try and finish Minish Cap, currently at the Wind Palace. Been quite the ride so far, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

Btw does anyone know how many kinstone fusions there are? I think I'm currently at 30-35ish if not more

Trying to get my last Resident Evil 4 Remake trophy for the platinum , which is completing in hardcore with an S+ Rank.

I do not think I will do all the in game achievements tho, my patience has run out and don't believe I will be able to complete S+ pro or finishing pro with no extra guns, Fuck that bro.

Finally finished all of the Spiderman DLC so done with that. Think I’m going to start Gravity Rush Remastered now as I’m looking for something different. On Switch, I started up Live A Live, so probably will work on that.

Probably won't get to it till tomorrow, but I'm going to play some Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. I haven't found a lot of time for video games lately, but I'm hoping to make some progress there.

I wrapped up Yakuza 0 last week - my first experience with the series, which I absolutely adored - and wanted to play some smaller games before jumping into another longer one, so after seeing the Mario movie, I’ve gone through Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Super Mario Land 1 & 2, and now playing through Super Mario World for the first time ever - will be wrapping that up for the first time this weekend and diving into Yoshi’s Island!
Wow, that's awesome! How are you enjoying your very first playthrough of SMW? And will YI be brand new for you too?

Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon was 50% off after Indie World, and I kind of love it? It's not a genre I spend a lot of time with, but I found time slipping away when I was giving it a go last night and this morning. It helps that I adore Shovel Knight, though I do think this game generally stands on its own in a positive way.

Also, RE4. Gotta make time for it.

Wow, that's awesome! How are you enjoying your very first playthrough of SMW? And will YI be brand new for you too?
Yeah I’m loving SMW so far - the secret exits in certain levels have me using the cape way more than I thought I would and it’s been really fun! Yep, never played Yoshi’s Island before so definitely looking forward to that one too!

Finished the prehistoric chapter in Live A Live last night, so I'm onto the 8th chapter this weekend. But first, I'm doubling back to pick up the REDACTED because 2001 A Space Odyssey homage compels me to.

Gonna try and finish Minish Cap, currently at the Wind Palace. Been quite the ride so far, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

Btw does anyone know how many kinstone fusions there are? I think I'm currently at 30-35ish if not more
There are 100 total. I love the Minish Cap but the RNG involved with about 18 of them being semi-random has prevented me from getting all 100. There are guides that help with this but I've never gotten past 99 in either time I've played the game and I've seen others have similar issues. Absolutely wonderful game regardless though.

Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon was 50% off after Indie World, and I kind of love it? It's not a genre I spend a lot of time with, but I found time slipping away when I was giving it a go last night and this morning. It helps that I adore Shovel Knight, though I do think this game generally stands on its own in a positive way.

Also, RE4. Gotta make time for it.
I'm really looking forward to trying this one when I have a chance. I enjoyed reading people's impressions here. I get the impression it's a mix of roguelite and puzzle game. I never thought I'd like roguelites but we got super into Dicey Dungeons last year and spent like five months playing only that and now I'm eager to expand my gaming genre appreciation and try more gakes outside my comfort zone. I get the sense Pocket Dungeon is one that has a steep learning curve but becomes excellently fun with experience. Neat that there's DLC coming, too.

Yeah I’m loving SMW so far - the secret exits in certain levels have me using the cape way more than I thought I would and it’s been really fun! Yep, never played Yoshi’s Island before so definitely looking forward to that one too!
Awesome! You are in for a treat, it's a masterwork. Looking forward to your impressions!

There are 100 total. I love the Minish Cap but the RNG involved with about 18 of them being semi-random has prevented me from getting all 100. There are guides that help with this but I've never gotten past 99 in either time I've played the game and I've seen others have similar issues. Absolutely wonderful game regardless though.
That's a lot! I am playing guideless and I think I got about 2/3s then, but I'm at the final dungeon now (I think) so that'll probably be it.

I don't like how much the kinstones turn the game into an errand running grind, but there have been some real neat upgrades hidden behind them. Remote bombs are so fun to use and quite useful as well that it's a shame I could have easily missed them had I not been on a kinstone grind tour through Hyrule.

Still the game has been fun so far and some great memorable moments!

I got so close to finishing Gravity Rush 2 tonight. Usually I would just play another 2-3 hours but I've been running on a combined 7 hours of sleep the past couple of days lol.

I need to rest. Will be knocked out tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom