• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fam? |3/31-4-2|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
tenor.gif

Here's to the freakin' weekend!
You all know what to do - tell us what games you're planning on playing!

-----------------------------------------------
It's a busy weekend for me, games-wise.

2dc7f128209ef2bf910fd0b05bdd6dae.gif

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)

12 hours in and just starting chapter nine. This game is an absolute delight in every aspect. I love it. I wish I had more time to game so I could spend more time with these characters!

96db5451a76b07d5a7cd5b6f9d4fd31332ac862ar1-477-395_hq.gif

Sonic CD (XSS)

My journey through the 2D Sonic journey continues. Sonic CD has been hyped up my entire life as possibly the best 2D Sonic game, and I gotta say.. I don't see it. The levels are a mess, the time travel mechanic is confusing, the boss fights have been super easy so far.. I donno. It's not making a good impression so far. I'm not very motivated to continue with it, but I'll push on. Maybe it gets better.

mlb-the-show-23.jpg

MLB The Show 23 (XSS)

I'm a super casual The Show player, so I'll play a few games and just have fun. It's the start of baseball season after all!

---------------------------------------------

That's it! Have at it, folks. I hope everyone has a great weekend!​

Resident Evil 4 continues on Series S. I’ve been having such a great time with it. Right at the end of the castle at the moment. I think this might be my favourite remake ever! Really can't think of anything I'd change about it. I still have a good way to go, of course!

Otherwise, picking out a new game on Switch now that Octopath Traveler II -- an amazing game you should consider playing! -- is wrapped up. And probably some Diablo II.

I've done a brave attempt at continuing Horizon Forbidden West.

With emphasis on attempt.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Pretty much the same as always. Now i have three garages and all of them with available slots, so it's time to fill those up. While i'm at it, i'll see if i can unlock online shopping for at least one brand.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (PC)

Still at Meridian, got caught in the Hunters' guild's questline and i want to see the end of it. Not sure if i'll advance further in the story yet. Also, i just discovered that there's a whole lot of different arrows beyond normal, piercing and fire arrows lol

Super Mario 64?

Not sure if i'll play it this weekend (busy weekend incoming) but i sure as hell want to replay it again. After some testing the NSO N64 controller has proven its worth, and what a better way to use it than with effin' Mario 64

My usual rotation, though my favourite games all have events going on this weekend. Forza Horizon's new expansion and Midnights at Horizon event, the Splatfest (GO TEAM ALIENS!) and Fall Guys' points multiplier for the end of season, so I'll probably play those more than usual.

Getting my butt handed to me in the Splatfest or working on the campaign, salmon run, or tableturf when I go tilt.

Feels good to be playing a game sorta on my own schedule again.

Last edited:
I want to play Resident Evil 4 until my hands fall off.

More realistically, I'll probably play for an hour or two between March Madness, opening weekend for baseball, Wrestlemania, being a little bit sick, and most of all being a dad.

Finally started Power Wash Simulator on Switch (after sinking 60 hours on Steam), but I think it's also been a while since I hopped on Paper Mario 64 so I might go back and knock out another chapter or two on Sunday if I have time

My usual rotation, though my favourite games all have events going on this weekend. Forza Horizon's new expansion and Midnights at Horizon event, the Splatfest (GO TEAM ALIENS!) and Fall Guys' points multiplier for the end of season, so I'll probably play those more than usual.
It's strange seeing you outside the hardware thread. :p

I'm playing Iconoclasts from my backlog.

Started my weekend by finishing A Space for the Unbound, and now I sniffs have something in my eye so I don't know if I can do any more gaming

lots of options, though

Trying to complete my current route in FEWTH, on chapter 13 and nearly through it. TGAAR a bit, maybe Metal Gear Rising Revengeance as a pacebreaker

Making progress on my pre-tears of the kingdom zelda marathon. Almost finished up with Spirit Tracks, then I'll only have Skyward Sword, A Link between Worlds, and Minish Cap left.

I think I'm in the last stretch of Bayo Origins - really sweet game, enjoyed it alot.
Super surprise.

After that I think I will be back on Octopath 2, and will play something on the side to - just havnt decided on what just yet.

Cycling between Octopath 2, Tales of Symphonia and Digimon Next Order while putting some Remnant, Dredge and Sonic Origins between my sessions.

On deck I'm trying to beat Tales of Arise, if its battery allows me to.

Cycling between Octopath 2, Tales of Symphonia and Digimon Next Order while putting some Remnant, Dredge and Sonic Origins between my sessions.

On deck I'm trying to beat Tales of Arise, if its battery allows me to.

Did they ever do something about Symphonia or it's still... in the shape it was at launch?

Did they ever do something about Symphonia or it's still... in the shape it was at launch?
Not yet. But it's not that bad, I haven't encountered any of the mentioned bugs. One of the biggest complaints was that it's the 30 fps PS2 version, not the 60 fps GC version but it was known before the game is out. PS3 remaster also was based on PS2 so there has to be some problems with the GC one. Like lost source codes or something.

More Ryza 3, I thouhg the first area (which is the entire first game) was already big, but then you go the second one and you realize the opening was just Gust teasing the "open world" concept

I’m 63 hours into my Trails To Azure replay and I’m still relatively early in the Final Chapter. Since I’m so close to the end though, I’m focusing all of my gaming energy there. When I’m done, I’ll be back to playing Bayonetta Origins and Like A Dragon Ishin.

Gravity Rush 2 (PS5 via PS4 BC) and Bayonetta Origins for when I can play.

Will probably save the Splatoon 3 splatfest grind until tomorrow night or Sunday.

As far as the main focus goes, Wo Long on the Series X will get a good chunk of my time. Jumping back into Xenoblade 3 is also on my mind, and might also be on the table for this weekend.

iu

Returnal
Returnal
Returnal
Returnal
Returnal
Returnal

I'm in Biome
and I have collected all of the white poppies.... This game is immaculate survival horror bullet hell madness and I'm here for it. The boss fights literally crank the amplifiers up to 11!! The core gameplay loop fuels the same adrenaline spike as the recent DOOM games, except with Silent Hill dread and body horror instead of Saturday morning cartoons.

I would have bought a PS5 for this and been happy, but the PC port is very very nice in the dark year of our dark lords 2023.

the weekend is practically over, and i still haven’t played any games at all! life is too busy sometimes 😒

Credits are rolling on Sonic CD. I still don’t love it (definitely not enough to go for the good ending), but it’s not as bad as I thought at first.

I finished Paper Mario Color Splash yesterday. Today has been Horizon: Forbidden West New Game+. I am getting ready for the DLC.

iu

Returnal
Returnal
Returnal
Returnal
Returnal
Returnal

I'm in Biome
and I have collected all of the white poppies.... This game is immaculate survival horror bullet hell madness and I'm here for it. The boss fights literally crank the amplifiers up to 11!! The core gameplay loop fuels the same adrenaline spike as the recent DOOM games, except with Silent Hill dread and body horror instead of Saturday morning cartoons.

I would have bought a PS5 for this and been happy, but the PC port is very very nice in the dark year of our dark lords 2023.

NICE

I love Returnal so much. Always great to see more talk about it!

Trying some new/stuff I haven't played in a while this weekend: ONI Road to be the Mightiest Oni (Switch), MLB The Show 23 (PS5), Infinite Guitars (Xbox Series X), Live A Live demo replay (Steam Deck), Dead Cells Castlevania (Steam Deck), Baldur's Gate III (Steam Deck), and Assault Suits Valken (Switch).

Very tempted to resub to FFXIV but maybe later in the month.

For some reason I played 9 different games across 4 platforms yesterday which might be a record for me.

Cursed to Golf (Switch)
Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line (Switch)
Persona 5 Royal (Switch)
Rocket League (PS5)
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS3)
Powerwash Simulator (XBSS)
Human Fall Flat (XBSS)
Vampire Survivors (XBSS)
Disney Dreamlight Valley (XBSS)

Back
Top Bottom