• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fam? |3/24-3/26|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
c7d12745f497dd8c932e454a6600a25390c20a59_hq.gif

HAPPY FRIDAY FAMI!
Welcome to your weekly one-stop shop for all things Currently Playing. Whether it's a brand new release like Resident Evil 4 Remake, an old favorite like Banjo Kazooie, or a multiplayer staple like Fall Guys or Mario Kart 8, feel free to tell us about it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's what gonna be taking up all my free time this weekend:

final-fantasy-7-remake-materia_6098257.jpg

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade (PS5)

This game is blowing my mind. I'm ten hours in and loving every single second. The entire Reactor 5 sequence was brilliant, culminating in one hell of a fight against the Airbuster. It's a bit of a nothing fight in the original game, but here they turned it up all the way to eleven. I'm loving all the little character moments, the attention to detail in the world design, all the music.. everything really. FF7R is basically everything I ever wanted.

hqdefault.jpg

Sonic 3D Blast (XSS)

I'm playing this on the Genesis collection on Series S. Nintendo needs to get this game on NSO!

After playing Spinball last week and not really enjoying it, I decided to move onto another Sonic spinoff game, and one that I had as a kid at that. I never got very far back then (I was four last time I played it ok?), but now I'm gonna see it through to the end. Movement is a little wonky, and jumping with precision is basically impossible thanks to the isometric camera. But the basic gameplay is actually really fun, and the music absolutely rules. There's a good chance I'll roll credits on it this weekend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's your turn! Have at it, folks. I hope you all have a great weekend!​

I spent last weekend torturing myself playing Destiny 2 PVP. I'm visiting family this weekend so no PS4, only my Switch, so I might actually enjoy my time this weekend playing games like Fire Emblem Engage and Octopath Traveler II. Maybe some Metroid Prime and Minish Cap as well.

I am perfectly on pace to finish up Octopath II just as it’ll be due at the library next week. Yes! Although I think I may feel a little bittersweet about finishing this one. Special game.

When I can grab some TV time in the evenings, I’ll be playing Resident Evil 4. I used the New Zealand trick to play some last night and YEP, it’s great. Looks and runs great on Series S. Capcom engines! First MT Framework and now the RE Engine. Some of the best looking games around. Eager to keep going.

Also: the Diablo IV beta is open for everyone this weekend! After a combined zillion hours between II and III, I’m pretty excited about a new entry to say the least. Everything I’ve seen so far looks promising. Thinking I will try the Druid…if I’m able to connect at all, of course!

Blast from the past - me and some friends are having a proper LAN-party this weekend

So who knows what we're going to play - probably a lot of custom maps in starcraft and warcraft.. some pubg, try som D4 and whatever we're coming up with.

Got any fun tips on LAN games (8ppl) let me know! =)

I can't seem to stop playing old games. I started Wario Land 3 on a whim during a long commute the other day and it's sucked me in. But I simply must return to BioShock (not a new game either by any stretch!) before I leave it too long and it collects dust in the abandoned pile.

I want to try to tie up some loose gaming ends in anticipation of losing myself completely to Advance Wars next month.

Resident Evil 4 Remake babey! CAPCOM IS BACK BABEY!!!!!

Also probably some Pizza Tower. Both amazing games from the limited amount of time I've played them so far

Lots of continuing files.

Continuing Super Mario Sunshine file
Continuing Twilight Princess file
Continuing Majora's Mask file
Continuing Metal Gear Solid file

Not sure what I’m going to really dig into. The great ace attorney resolve is my evening game, but otherwise I’m working on FEWTH and FFVIII. But FEWTH’s flow has been weird for me

@Mandos FFVIII! Nice. That was the first game that ever really had me obsessed growing up, and I still love it today! Where are you at?
Bout to fight the T. rex in the training ground. Getting annoyed at all these oh hey do this to make it easier tips… that require magic they haven’t given me or slots I can’t use XD. So I’ve been using the hd overwrite cheats liberally. Can’t wait till I actually have the cards good enough to play the minigame

I’m juggling three games this weekend, Trails To Azure, Bayonetta Origins, and Like A Dragon Ishin. I got past The Intermission (which causes huge choice paralysis for me) so my Azure replay is back on track. I’m really enjoying Bayonetta Origins and I did finally pick up Like A Dragon again (I just joined the Shinsengumi!) and I’m having a good time.

Bout to fight the T. rex in the training ground. Getting annoyed at all these oh hey do this to make it easier tips… that require magic they haven’t given me or slots I can’t use XD. So I’ve been using the hd overwrite cheats liberally. Can’t wait till I actually have the cards good enough to play the minigame
I can’t imagine playing old JRPGs without occasionally using the little hacks they build in anymore! So handy for games that can get pretty complicated…or games that were essentially designed around selling the guide lol. The tutorials are truly bad, but I hope you enjoy the game. If you ask me, Triple Triad is the best game within a game…ever!

I can’t imagine playing old JRPGs without occasionally using the little hacks they build in anymore! So handy for games that can get pretty complicated…or games that were essentially designed around selling the guide lol. The tutorials are truly bad, but I hope you enjoy the game. If you ask me, Triple Triad is the best game within a game…ever!
Just discovered that Quistis is only a year older than Squall?! XD and I actually have plenty of jank tolerance. Tho now that I understand gf’s better I do wish I had done the grinding cheese trick with Zeifer in the tower mission. Oh well

Cycling between Octopath 2 and Trails to Azure and putting a little Remnant From the Ashes between my JRPG sessions. I tried Remnant on Game Pass but damn didn't know this game being super fun. Runs like a dream on Switch too.

Finishing up the eShop shenanigans. Got a couple more games with DLC to sift through and grab the final set of games I want. And then sweet sweet release from this.

Maybe seeing if I can far enough along in Culdcept Revolt to unlock the DLC store. Very interesting game and kinda shocked there hasn't been a Switch iteration yet, since that seems like a natural fit for it.

But yea, I'm still jaded AF about the store shutdown and how real-life has just been busy that my FOMO took over and I haven't seriously gamed for like a month at this point. So hopefully this weekend I can do that (rainy day tomorrow!) by figuring out what game I actually want to get back to when I complete this quest.

Got any fun tips on LAN games (8ppl) let me know! =)
Unreal Tournament (99 or 2k4) was always fun, along with Starcraft and Diablo II. Total Annihilation can be good with a large group but it'll take a while.

@Red Monster - FF7R is an utter joy. Love for the original game, its characters and world just ooze out of every corner.

The devs are utterly beguiled by the 1997 release and pour so much heart into the remake, it’s hard not to fall head over heels. It’s not perfect, but those characters are wonderful.

As for me, I’ve sunk an hour or so into the RE4 Remake. It’s intense and really creepy, while still retaining the original game’s campiness (to some degree). Stellar effort so far.

I'm more than a week late, but I'm going to start Trails to Azure on Saturday.

On one hand, I can't wait. On the other, I've got 7 weeks left until TotK release. And with it being supposedly longer than Zero, that might be a huge barrier to overcome for me.

Just played a few hours of the Diablo IV beta and oh boy, I am gonna lose a lot of hours to that game this year lol. Druid has been really fun so far, love the new world design & structure, and the story is…kind of intriguing?!

Replaying BOTW for the first time since my 2017 initial playthrough. Fell in love with the game all over again. Just wrapped up Divine Beast Medoh (the Rito one) and I’m about to head to Death Mountain. Need to finish up before Battle Network Collection and TOTK release

Same as last week. I did not play as much Paranormasight last week but I did a ton of Azure lol. But Ill juggle those 2 cause, outside of backlog games, there is nothing on the horizon I want to really play till TotK. 2 games I will get later are Bayo and Monster Menu (I think it comes out in april)

Metroid prime remastered ☺️. Didn't have the NGC version and when I tried it I wasn't ready for that kind of games, but I'm no longer that person, I love it now.

Rolled credits on Sonic 3D Blast. Very fun little game that’s sadly incredibly outdated these days thanks to the camera angle. Isometric platforming really is a nightmare; thank goodness for rewind. Overall though, I’m happy that I got to finally play this game from my very early childhood and see it through to the end. I would recommend it to someone who was looking for a Sonic game that was a little different from the main games, but only so long as they played a version with modern QOL features like save states and rewind.

@Red Monster - FF7R is an utter joy. Love for the original game, its characters and world just ooze out of every corner.

The devs are utterly beguiled by the 1997 release and pour so much heart into the remake, it’s hard not to fall head over heels. It’s not perfect, but those characters are wonderful.
It really is a magical game and I’m so happy that I finally get to experience it.

Just finished Cereza and the Lost Demon. Really great game. I may go for 100% but not tonight. Probably won't have much gaming time this weekend.

Hey, it's @Yamanoi! If this is pic is about my story comment...I know. I know! I was fully expecting to skip any and all story scenes to get down to the action. Legitimately surprised at the presentation. Lilith seems really cool

(At several points in that commercial Danny asks "is that coffee?" And it always got on my wick lol. Is that extremely dark, steaming hot beverage with foam on top and served with a croissant coffee? I like to think he was in the middle of a real Frank Reynolds fugue state and is legitimately asking)

Hey, it's @Yamanoi! If this is pic is about my story comment...I know. I know! I was fully expecting to skip any and all story scenes to get down to the action. Legitimately surprised at the presentation. Lilith seems really cool

(At several points in that commercial Danny asks "is that coffee?" And it always got on my wick lol. Is that extremely dark, steaming hot beverage with foam on top and served with a croissant coffee? I like to think he was in the middle of a real Frank Reynolds fugue state and is legitimately asking)
It was more of a cheers and I'm drinking coffee (was then , am now). Feels good, but unsure if it is worth buying day one yet. I might cave.

I don't know. I've recently finished God of War Ragnarök and Metroid Prime, and would have to start something new, but nothing is really speaking to me. I may just start a new game in Breath of the Wild or play some NSO games or somehing. Or maybe I shouldn't play anything at all!

Hopefully finally finishing Kirby Return to Dream Land, and apart from that, more FFXIV and checking out the Diablo IV beta.

Continuing Bayonetta Origins since I finished Gravity Rush Remastered a couple of nights ago.

And sometime Sunday I'll start Gravity Rush 2. Eager to see how they improved and polished on the first game :)

Woops! Almost forgot about this thread

Euro Truck Simulator 2
Most likely, i wont play beyond doing one or two deliveries, i'm busy this weekend, but i still wont miss my trucking sessions

Horizon Zero Dawn PC
Got back to it after more than a year, and i'm catching up with my PS4 save. Reached Meridian yesterday and did a side quest before going on with the main story. Good stuff - if you have a gyro enabled controller

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Almost dropped it during the second case and i'm glad i didn't, because third case redeemed the whole game. I'm about to face the fourth case right now, and things have gotten really interesting.

I was going to play Metroid Prime Remastered instead of HZD, but failed the heat visor sequence TWICE right before the save point (those damn pirates at the towerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) and i'm cooling off before trying again. Maybe next weekend.

Since I finished my smaller game unexpectedly early this weekend, I need another one! I started Sonic Origins and fired up Anniversary Mode. Sonic 1 down, now on to Sonic CD! I’ve never played Sonic CD before, but I understand it held kind of a cult classic status for a while.

Since I finished my smaller game unexpectedly early this weekend, I need another one! I started Sonic Origins and fired up Anniversary Mode. Sonic 1 down, now on to Sonic CD! I’ve never played Sonic CD before, but I understand it held kind of a cult classic status for a while.
Oh wow, I've actually been going through the story mode and I am almost done with CD. I like it more than the true Sonic 2 these days, it gets more fun on replays.

My girlfriend got her copy of FFXIV through steam, so I spent a while making sure that shit worked...That was the most of any game i technically played, and it was all sorting out bullshit. xAx
However, I HAVE been getting some time in Megaman Legends 2 and holy shit, what a game. Definitely one of the titles that I feel should get way more eyes on it. And to think, it was JUST because I didn't want somecallmejohnny to spoil me on it!
Other than that, I played a few hours of Rock Band 4 cuz I shelled out cash for the drums. Pretty good weekend for gaming.

i don’t think i know what that is!
It's an idle game, probably the most famous of them. Click a big cookie to earn cookies, use cookies to buy upgrades which produce more cookies, use more cookies to get yet more upgrades, and so on. Ultimately a huge time waster, but it's addicting watching numbers get bigger.

Oh wow, I've actually been going through the story mode and I am almost done with CD. I like it more than the true Sonic 2 these days, it gets more fun on replays.
oh good, maybe you can help explain the game at least a little bit! i’m two levels in and i have no idea what’s going on. what is the time travel for? how do the time travel signs work? are there things i need to do in the past and the future? why is the level design so confusing? why is sonic blowing up UFOs in the special stages?

lol sorry for all the questions. it’s just such a confusing game!

Back
Top Bottom