• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' this Weekend, Fam? |2/24-2/26|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
e6aec9a3ce6ac4a3c300a040f3122b0ece6424b0_hq.gif

HAPPY WEEKEND, FAMI!

It's Friday, and you know what that means - it's time to tell everyone what games you're gonna be playing with your days off.

-------------------------------------------------------
I just wrapped up Metroid Prime Remastered, so I guess I'll be focusing on just one game this weekend:

OIP.nWpExDJq1zyoEF8OgA7yfwHaD4

HiFi Rush (XSS)

I was making my way towards the endgame when Metroid Prime came outta nowhere and sidetracked me for a couple weeks (not that I'm complaining!). But now that I can finally get back to HiFi Rush, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I can't wait to spend more time in this awesome world. I seemed to be getting a better handle on the rhythm combat, so hopefully I'm able to get into the groove and that skill comes back!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Let's hear it folks - tell us what you're playing!

I’ll be starting Kirby and Octopath 2 tonight very excited for both but will be playing Octopath mostly I think

Kirby, Kirby, Kirby! That’s a name you should know! Kirby, Kirby, Kirby! He’s the star of the show! He's more than you think! He's got maximum pink! Kirby, Kirby, Kirby's the one! He comes right back at ya! He comes right back at ya! Give it all that you've got! Take your very best shot! He'll send it right back at ya for sure, yeah!

So yeah, I'm playing some Kirby with my partner this weekend.

Octopath 2 is a given, will also try to finally beat the last trial in BotW, it's mostly infuriating at this point :p

I finished Fire Emblem Engage yesterday, leaving me free to continue Minish Cap and perhaps start A Space for the Unbound.

Once again, I am all in on Final Fantasy X. Only ~9 hours in so there is plenty to go.

After this week though, I've had the itch to play Street FIghter so I'll be messing around with V

Mostly Hogwarts Legacy and Octopath 2, but I started playing more Pokemon Scarlet last night and I think it has hooked me, so that too.

On route b of Nier Automa, case 2 of TGAA2 and I want to work on either FF8 or 9 but haven’t picked

Just started Tales of Symphonia and Kirby but I reckon I won't be playing them much this weekend, pretty hooked on Theatrhythm right now.

Also got Digimon and Octopath but I doubt I'll start them right away.

Theatrhythm will consume my life. But probably that, try to finish Prime (on Wii U) and have been playing Spider-Man on PS5.

My weekend Octopath dreams were cruelly denied by my local library, so I’m playing the Wo Long demo and Season 28 of Diablo III instead; that’s one heck of a consolation prize! They are adding a whole new account wide progression system this season, and it’s the last one before Diablo IV hits, so it feels like a bit of an event.

As for Wo Long…I’ll try my best lol. Seemed fast in my brief time with it earlier, with a lot of unique mechanics to dig into. Hey if you invade me online could you just…let me win? 😄

Mario's Super Picross has been my most played game this week. It's working so well as a weeknight game that I may save it til Monday.

I'm making my way to the Color Dungeon in Link's Awakening so I'll probably keep playing that or get a random itch for something new.

I was going to play Octopath II but it was delayed beacuse Amazon. So it's time fo notCastlevania / notBloodstained with Grim Guardians this wekeend. As usual IntiCreates pixel work is very good

Maybe some more DKC1 and Super Mario World. Might try out the Mega Man X Legacy Collections 1/2 also

Red Dead Redemption 2. Took forever to get into it but it finally clicked and it's been super relaxing to play. Wanted to play Octopath 2 but I like won't get it in the mail this weekend.

Definitely playing Like A Dragon Ishin. I already wrapped up Chapter 1 which was very cool and I’m intrigued by the four fighting styles. I’ll likely hold off on Octopath Traveler II and Kirby as I have tons of Theatrhythm to enjoy still (fantastic game btw), I want to finish hard mode in Xenoblade 3’s new arena DLC, and I have to get back to Fire Emblem GBA. So many video games, nowhere near enough time!

Really looking forward to digging into Octopath Traveler 2, that's definitely going to dominate my weekend on the switch. Also still working my way through Wild Hearts on xbox, which is fantastic, and Path of Exile is my current go to for when I have a short gap to fill.

Hopefully I will have time to finish Oracle of Seasons so I can start the Ages linked game. Maybe I'll find some time for Theatrhythm as well.

I feel like a broken record but actually hoping to have time for Layton X Wright this weekend. Jealous of everyone picking up OT2!

Euro Truck Simulator 2

This one is becoming a meme now. Oh well, i'm looking into opening a garage on Germany or Italy, so gotta save for that and a new truck+trucker, right?

Metroid Prime Remastered

No way i'm not playing this now. Bought it yesterday and got to the Magmoor caverns in a single sitting. Beatiful game all around.

Random third game, maybe?

Torn between
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Harvest Moon: Friends of mineral town
  • Bayonetta
It's my first weekend without playing a Ace Attorney game since early december, and i'm kind of lost ^^U

Or maybe there won't be a third game at all. ETS2 is a game of long sessions now, where the lucrative deliveries take more than two hours - and they're becoming longer - and it's hard to drop the controller when it comes to Metroid Prime.

Like a Dragon: Ishin has its hooks in me, on Chapter 7 and done over 40 subquests, doing all the minigames as well to completion. Not really played much else because of it aside from Minish Cap which is great as well.

Also bought myself Bayonetta 3 yesterday since its price dropped to £29.99 on Amazon.co.uk, which will be my next big game I devour after Ishin is done. I was tempted to buy Octopath Traveller 2 after I saw its dropped in price by a tenner but ultimately decided to finish what I have got first, stopping myself getting too greedy and how many great games there are to play.

I also want to check out the Wo Long demo since I loved Nioh 2.

It's an embarrassment of riches.

Return to Dream Land Deluxe, and I'm catching up on FFXIV story content since I last played in 6.1

I watched this video over brunch and it's got me itching to play Mario 3, specifically the GBA re-release on NSO. So I'll start with that to warm myself up to Metroid, where I've just gotten the very well hidden Super Jump ability which will unlock a lot of different areas for me. I'm aware there are several different endings but based on my speed I am definitely not getting the best one! (I'm happy I'll be able to watch it on YouTube.)

I've also been going to bed playing a visual novel/Slow Gaming experience called Wanderlust. It's set on Easter Island where a bunch of strangers tell each other their personal travel stories that changed them as people. Some of the stories are quite gripping and it's fun to manage their fatigue and anxiety levels with your choices. Like a chill Choose-your-own-adventure book but with gorgeous photography. I'll delve further into that.

Have a good weekend, all!

Have woken up super early and been unable to get back to sleep both days this weekend, which means video games. Already got my first character of the Diablo season to 70: a Necromancer! The new upgrade tree is nuts; some of the very first nodes on it are things like removing the level requirement from all items, or having pools of reflection - the yellow basins that usually give you a temp 25% EXP boost - just last...forever. You get a permanent 25% EXP boost every time you find one! It's bonkers.

This morning I played more of the Wo Long demo. Got to the end of the first level and after maybe six or seven tries, beat Zhang Liang! Take that, buddy. Pretty spicy encounter for a first boss.I feel like I got maybe halfway through the second level before having to put it down but want to get back to it tonight. Starting to get the hang of managing the give and take of the spirit / posture system: heavy attacks do more damage but cost some of your spirit, putting you closer to a stagger. Parrying feels super good: if you played Sekiro, you've got a good idea of how that all feels. Definitely excited for the full game on Friday.

I played some Kirby, but I’m trying to ration myself with it so I don’t rush through it in one weekend.

The demo for Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star which was way more fun than I was expecting. Think I will buy it to mix it in with Ring Fit Adventure.

Forza Horizon 5 because I’m constantly amazed at what people create in the Event Lab.

Back
Top Bottom