• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fam? |1/27-1/29|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
R.75061d23e7b7ce1ac07f5d8bbb0d04a9

IT'S THE WEEKEND! WHATCHA PLAYIN?

---------------------------------------------
f9e5cee236f872196906c4d24fdc37fd3a7ba8a7.gif

Sonic Frontiers (PS5)

I'm very near to the end of Frontiers. Just the final boss and some final cleanup for the platinum trophy. I expect to roll credits this weekend. Great game.

HiFi-RUSH-1.jpg

HiFi Rush (XSS)

If I can finish Sonic this weekend, I'll definitely start HiFi Rush. Impressions are so promising! I bet this game rocks.

--------------------------------------------

Now it's your turn! Tell us how your gonna spend your weekend!​

Same as last weekend. Fire Emblem Engage, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Monster Train. Enjoying all three quite a bit. Might find some time to check out Goldeneye. Already saved a custom button layout for it in case we get some couch time after poker.

Bayonetta 3

Started it for real earlier this week, and my god what a game. Much better than I anticipated. A bit steeper learning curve due to a lot of more battle systems than previous entries but it's very cool. Not without it's faults though. But could very well be a top 5 or even top 3 game for me from 2022.

Should beat it this weekend.

Professor Layton and the Lost Future

Been playing this one for more than half a year now, but inching closer to the end.
Could possibly beat this one to.

That's the planned.. but maybe some Cuphead with the wife, some mario kart with the kids and some Starcraft 2 with my brother like normal :p

It's a weekend of both Hi-Fi Rush (Xbox Gamepass PC) and Returnal (PS5)

Also gonna mix some Goldeneye on the N64 NSO app in there too. Got a four day weekend ahead so I should have plenty of time.

Jumping between Engage and Persona 4 Golden. And just started the legedary GRPG, Risen on Switch. It's... fun! Not like any other open world RPG's, I can feel the eurojank right down to its cells.

This weekend I'm also getting that new Spongebob game. I need some fun platforming in between tedious grinding sessions.

Fire Emblem Engage all weekend. Don't think I'll have time for anything else since it's the first weekend I can play it.

Jumping between Engage and Persona 4 Golden. And just started the legedary GRPG, Risen on Switch. It's... fun! Not like any other open world RPG's, I can feel the eurojank right down to its cells.

This weekend I'm also getting that new Spongebob game. I need some fun platforming in between tedious grinding sessions.

I had never seen GRPG before so I had to google it.
You leanr something new every day =)

I want to play Fire Emblem, but unfortunately I don't think I will have much time 😭

Animal Crossing and Splatoon 3. I’m helping my daughter make an island on the former and need to catch up on the latter before the next Splatest.

Didn't play anything last week really, so going all in on Fire Emblem Engage. I hope I can beat it with the time left for this month.

Fire Emblem Engage- I hit a road block in Chapter 17 and ended up taking a few days off. Going hard back into it this weekend though.

Getting back to Prof Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright after a week of not playing. If I can’t get done with the first case this weekend so help me <deity> 🤦‍♂️

Also need to replace a headlight in my car which is going to be an a first-time DIY puzzle. Hopefully I don't mess it up 🤞

Wait, is that a real thing? Because I've just made it up. German RPG, just like the Japanese ones.
Yea, can’t call it Jank RPG because J is already taken 😂

Last edited:
I’m going to be alternating between Breath of Fire II on NSO which I’m over halfway through and Forspoken on PS5 which I’m still early in as I’m in the middle of chapter 4. Enjoying both of them. This week escaped me, so I still have to plan the rest of my weekend beyond that lol.

Dead Space remake, HiFi Rush on Deck, continuing Forspoken, FE Engage (hope the story picks up even a little), and GoldenEye N64 NSO :)

Probably going to do a nice cozy replay of Ocarina of Time.

It's been a rough week honestly, and I could really use a comfort game

Playing Last of Us Part 2. Was planning on taking a bit away having just finished part 1, but sort of hooked with how good the show has been. Was literally just playing and some random jumpscare scared the shot out of me. Much better production values and sound design than remastered.

Also planning on finishing up the Metroid badges I still have left.

Trying to finish my romance of the three kingdoms xiv playthrough because I got burnt out as hell with RPGs.

Continuing Disco and starting up Persona 3.

Unfortunately not in the mood at all to continue Prime 2 for the event. I have received some strange block for it.

There are a few changes in my schleude this weekend.

Splatoon 3
There's a splatfest incoming, and if the initial vote is available i need to level up that shirt

Hi-Fi Rush
I didn't expect too much, but got hooked instead. Perfect game to grab with xCloud while laying on the bed

Ace Combat 7
Had it digital on my PS4, wich meant i couldn't play it anymore after selling it. A friend of mine gifted me the Steam code, so here we go.

I think I may have come to terms with the fact that I am too dumb to play Disco Elysium lol. It seems like an awesome game, but I have to confess: every time I try to play it I get like 15 minutes in and just feel…lost. I become the Disco Elysium Guy. Like, so lost and overwhelmed that I freeze up and inevitably end up switching to something else. I’m glad that I picked this up on sale and have it on deck for when I’m prepared to try again, but phew! That’s it for now.

That means all my game time is once again focused on Persona 3 Portable, and it feels so right. What a sublime game.

I think I may have come to terms with the fact that I am too dumb to play Disco Elysium lol. It seems like an awesome game, but I have to confess: every time I try to play it I get like 15 minutes in and just feel…lost. I become the Disco Elysium Guy. Like, so lost and overwhelmed that I freeze up and inevitably end up switching to something else. I’m glad that I picked this up on sale and have it on deck for when I’m prepared to try again, but phew! That’s it for now.

That means all my game time is once again focused on Persona 3 Portable, and it feels so right. What a sublime game.

Don't worry. You can come back to it later if you feel like it. It took months for it to click when I tried it on PC and I only got into it on PS5 (then replayed it on Switch). If it doesn't click, you can still enjoy the music (which was recently put on streaming).

Hope you enjoy P3P :)

Meant to carve out some time this weekend to carry on with Skyward Sword, but got distracted getting surprisingly into Goldeneye

Heck yeah, rolled credits and got the platinum for Sonic Frontiers. I loved this game.

Now it’s time to start HiFi Rush!

Similar to last weekend. Lots of Fire Emblem Engage, Splatoon 3, and a splash of Mario Party Superstars. 😃

I think I'll see the credits to FFVII & Kirby and the Forgotten Land by the end of the month. Probably some incremental endgame progress will happen over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom