• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fami? |7/28-7/30|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy weekend. pals! What are you gonna be doing with your time off?

I’m still playing Final Fantasy XVI and will be for a long time I’m sure. I’ve also restarted Super Mario RPG and hopefully I can make some progress in that this weekend.

I lied to myself again when I previously said I finally rounded out retro games library. Kirby’s Dream Land 2 was delivered earlier this week so I’ll try to knock that out this weekend.

I asked a friend if I could try his copy of Pokémon Pinball on GBC before I commit to buying that.

Since I’ve already lied to myself, I’ll try to finish Alundra.

I'm going to be busier than usual this weekend, but I will find time for Pikmin 4 and hopefully Super Mario Bros 3

wrappin up the main story of Pikmin 4 (which I anticipate will be the first playthrough of many)

also startin CRYPT UNDERWORLD and Sephonie

My dreams of Pikmin 4 and Stranger of Paradise were dashed last week by Best Buy. So Amazon delivering Pikmin 4 tomorrow (hopefully). In the mean time, it's Oracle of Seasons and Halo Reach. Putting Stranger of Paradise aside until I get a PS5 eventually.

Ghost Trick. I played through ~50% of the game a long time ago on DS but i didn't finish it back then.

I'm definitely not as hot on this game as some others but i'll beat it this time.

I started Oracle of Seasons yesterday, and I'm hoping to start Pikmin 4 tomorrow, and then Telltale's The Expanse (episode 1) on Sunday (which'll be the first time I've used my Series S in 2023...).

Eleven weeks of Tears of the Kingdom and I feel like there's so much to do, even after 70 hours! Can't get enough of this glorious adventure.

74a08fcd00a4547178eb8325b1c5428e1ae5ceca.gif

I think I’m all in on Trails Into Reverie at this point as I’m in the back half of Act 3 and I’m very invested. If I play another game it will be Pikmin 4 though a good part of me wants to save it until I can go all in. Rain Code and This Way Madness Lies will have to wait a little longer.

I started Oracle of Seasons yesterday, and I'm hoping to start Pikmin 4 tomorrow, and then Telltale's The Expanse (episode 1) on Sunday (which'll be the first time I've used my Series S in 2023...).
woah hold on, The Expanse got a game by Telltale?

Still busy with TotK. Just did the third temple. There's only the Gerudo desert and a few roots in the underground left. I hope that doesn't take too long. My backlog is getting out of hand.

Last edited:
Happy weekend. pals! What are you gonna be doing with your time off?

I’m still playing Final Fantasy XVI and will be for a long time I’m sure. I’ve also restarted Super Mario RPG and hopefully I can make some progress in that this weekend.
We'll probably just catch up on a lot of TV, like Strange New Worlds.
I should probably get back into Tears of the Kingdom too. I was playing, but then my lady started hogging the cart (I let her, she was having such a good time) and so I haven't touched it in a while. But she's not playing as much anymore so maybe I should dive back in.

Probably Exoprimal still, I gotta max out the remaining exosuits to level 20 and of course the Savage Gauntlet.

I'm not sure if I'll get back to Final Fantasy 16 this weekend. Been in a lull with that game recently.

...instead I put Pac-Man World Re-Pac back into the Switch and I'm at the space world. Simple 3D platforming with my Pac-Man aesthetic is just what I wanna play right now.

Trails into Reverie. So far it feels like a fine conclusion to a 6 game saga. But it's too similar to first four Cold Steel games, early PS3 era graphics really got old.

Other than that, cycling between Double Dragon and Clash of Heroes. Forgot how addictive CoH was...

My left joy con for handheld has been slowly dying over time, and I think it may have hit the point of no return. I think my partner are going to play Go in the haunted part of a hotel this evening. No other game plans for me right now.

Far cry 6. I love the return of the tropical setting but the Ubisoft template of the game is so dull. I want to platinum it though as I've done so with every FC since #3

Will play some Metroid Prime Remastered too

And of course my go-to multiplayer, DBD

Last edited:
More FF16, I'm slowly making my way through! I haven't played far enough to really have strong concluding opinions yet, but I can definitely see why it's divisive, for a lot of different reasons. I think it's good so far, but has a lot of things that have me feeling mixed. Looking forward to getting more of the plot, though, as that's definitely interesting.

FFXVI - the endgame begins, I've had enough of doing Hunts now lol.
Odallus: The Dark Call - a really fun retro 2D game so far, seems to be rather older too (came out in 2015 apparently), Steam page mentions Ghost 'n Goblins and Demon's Crest as inspiration but feels fresh enough to be its own thing so far.

Started this last night and really enjoying it (clocked over 3 hours so far), it's been over 10 years since I played the original on DS so barely remember it but this is really good, definitely has some of the same mechanics as Hotel Dusk like the thought recap at the end of each chapter whilst the MC sorts their thoughts, read it only released in PAL region outside Japan, shame really:

AnothercodeR.jpg

I think I’m all in on Trails Into Reverie at this point as I’m in the back half of Act 3 and I’m very invested. If I play another game it will be Pikmin 4 though a good part of me wants to save it until I can go all in. Rain Code and This Way Madness Lies will have to wait a little longer.

It's probably better waiting on Rain Code anyway since they keep updating the game with performance improvements/patches and DLC. I've only done Chapter 0 and a bit of Chapter 1 so far along with some side quests. By the time I get back to it, there will be some new character DLC to check out.

Got a few hours of Diablo in during the week, so I’m good there. I feel like the more bite-sized I take the game in, the more I enjoy it. So I’m sticking to it!

Since I have no new games coming up for a while, that means it’s time to start a replay. Normally I only get around to playing longer games on the Switch — the off-TV factor is major key for me — but I’m going to have to make it work, because today I’m breaking the seal on a game I haven’t played in a long time: Lost Odyssey. Cannot wait! It’s been a decade since I’ve played it, easy, and I remember loving it.

Since I’ll have a big JRPG going on the Xbox for the foreseeable future, I’m keeping it light on the Switch with some old favourites. A little Clubhouse Games here, some Cruis’n Blast there, maybe chip away at some Mario Maker courses.

Started a new game of SMT V while making progress in Trails from Zero. Man, I have so many Trails games, it'll last me a lifetime with the rate I'm playing games 😂

Finished off my playthrough of Tears of the Kingdom Loved every minute of my just over 80 hours, will go back some day to go through more side content.

Not sure what I’ll play later, might be a mix of AEW Fight Forever and Super Smash Bros Ultimate

That’s a good question. No really I’m not decided or have a full focus game at the moment XD. Been working on the classic 2D Mario’s for the badge challenges/raffle. Bout at a break point tho. Maybe some FEWTH? See if I can get focused on FFVIII? Maybe start AI Somnium files

Still trying to finish final fantasy 7 reunion , just have not had much time to game. After that, oracle games for sure… followed by pikmin 4 or persona 5 royal? So many games, so little time…

Already have put some time into Pikmin 4, just started doing night missions.

Played about an hour of Lost Odyssey this afternoon which is of course just scratching the surface but BOY, it’s hard to argue with the game’s intro. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Popped this in the eShop thread also, but playing Tents and Trees (Picross like) which is 80% off on the eShop. Big recommendation for chill puzzle picross fans

I was actually able to spend a few hours playing games today! I've now got two stars in Mario RPG and Geno has joined the party. Guess it's time to see what the fuss is all about with this guy!

I'm liking the game well enough, but I don't love it yet. The battle system is fun for boss fights, but is tedious with trash mobs. And the music is kinda... bad? Not bad. Mid. But I'm still having a good time so I'm definitely gonna keep going.

Played Pikmin 4. Intended to play the Oracles games on NSO but it took longer than I thought to finish Pikmin 4. Still not done as I intend to 100% for some stupid reason haha

Still Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I'm enjoying it so far though my progress has been very very slow. Unlike XC2, I actually feel motivated to try to clear all those side quests and that significantly slows down my progress. + keep me so over leveled that the characters can't learn new classes. orz.

This is going to take a long time.... A long but good time.

Successful weekend gaming. Did the second dungeon in Oracle of Seasons on Friday night, and managed 4 hours of Pikmin 4 across yesterday evening and this afternoon. Achieved 100% in the first area and having a blast with it; it's a really gorgeous game and I'm looking forward to continuing.

Just sat down after dinner and played through the first episode of the Expanse game too - I'll probably do a repeat play before the next episode because I think I missed a thing or two that'll be useful for later episodes. I think fans of the show will really click with it.

Back
Top Bottom