• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? Crystals Edition |6/23-6/25|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday pals! It’s time for your weekly “what are you playing” thread where you can tell everyone what games you’re gonna spend your time with this weekend. Have at it!

I’m gonna be spending most of my free time with Final Fantasy XVI. I’ve been looking forward to this game for a long time, and I’m gonna enjoy every second. I’ll also play some more WHAT THE CAR? on Apple Arcade. Maybe I’ll roll credits on that one. Finally, if there’s any time left, I’ll continue with my Super Mario RPG playthrough. And by continue, I mean restart. Because my save file was lost. Luckily I was only a few hours in!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

What am I playing this weekend? Well, most probably Pokemon Violet. I wanna try to finally finish the Paldean Pokedex before the DLC comes out. I have like 80 Pokemon missing

giphy.gif

Almost forty hours into Tears of the Kingdom for the first time and I'm about to complete my first phenomenon, see you in the clouds, friends. 😎

I'm also playing Final Fantasy

Working my way through the Pixel Remasters, starting with the first game. Pretty uncompromising difficulty at the beginning.

Just going to take some time to fully appreciate Tears of the Kingdom properly on Saturday.

And play the Final Fantasy XVI demo tonight. I don't have time for massive RPGs at the moment through the week due to work taking all my time but will try to fit it in when I can.

Also been playing Dragon Marked for Death through the week as my relaxing game on my Switch after work each evening so may try to complete some more missions in that too.

I should be playing Tears of the Kingdom.

But that's not how my brain works, and it's decided I need to play some old school Maxis titles.

Instead I'm playing SimEarth and trying to make the current planet hospitable for land creatures and flailing around at it.

Please send help

(I may also chuck some dice in Elder Signs since the weather this weekend is going to suck and it's been ages since I've played it.)

For the seventh weekend in a row... it's The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom! wild applause

I did the Gerudo quest yesterday and today, so this weekend I'll be exploring the desert to clear out the shrines in the area and complete whichever side quests tickle my fancy. Depending how long I spend on it, or how long I end up playing, I might head north to Gerudo Highlands, which is the last unmapped area.

Sonic 3 And Knuckles with Amy, started last night and got to Ice Cap, gonna play more tonight. The music changes don't bother me as much as I thought they would, but I do wish Amy's hammer was better implemented. Still having fun playing with her, I saved a 3K playthrough on Origins for this.

Finally far enough in Alundra where I have a good enough grasp on what to expect for the rest of the game. I’m probably going to keep going though I’ve considered dropping it entirely. Working Designs’ translation is straight up some of the cringiest, most insulting nonsense I’ve ever seen in a video game. I’m not playing this in the mid to late 90s so maybe I simply don’t see the charm I’ve read so much about.

I’m in the mood for an RPG. There was mention of a retranslation ROM hack for Super Mario RPG in the other thread. I was going to boot it up on the SNES Classic Edition, but I’m curious about the changes.

I'll be playing a lot of Octopath Traveler II hopefully. Been playing it nonstop since last week. I'm pretty close to having everybody's final chapters unlocked, then I'll start going through those. But before I do those I'll probably explore as much of the inner map as possible, since it seems like those final chapters are mostly going to take me to the outer parts of the map. Will also try to clean up a lot of the side quests I currently have open.

Finally getting my Switch back, so it's TEARS OF THE KINGDOM TIME, BABY!!

Nothing else in mind, but i'm feeling very tempted to assemble my SNES mini and start a Super Mario RPG playthrough. That, or just play it on my phone, either way the remake announcement made me want to play it again.

Hopefully finishing TotK. I'm trying to 100% as much as you can before rolling credits before the final battle. Minus korok seeds, most likely never doing that unless I'm extremely bored or don't want to stop TotK.

I am tearing through my indie game backlog until mid-July when I travel for vacation (and maybe get back to TotK). Games I’ve beaten:

Ikenfell
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Grapple Dog
Spiritfarer
Transistor

Currently playing through Unpacking and Panzer Paladin.

I won't have much time for games this WE but back to TOTK it is, i'll try to finish the remaining side quests.

I played FF XVI for a few hours but i already don't want to play it anymore for now, maybe i should have played the demo but i never play demos.

about halfway through Pikmin 1, planning to go right into Pikmin II afterward. no chance I get to it this weekend, but I'll probably also play through Pikmin Three again in advance of New Pikmin
also on another Mushihimesama kick

I’d be lying if I said I didn't wish I was playing FFXVI! But that's OK, because it's the future now and eleventy video games release every single day. I finished Diablo IV's story and retired my rogue for now; I definitely enjoyed the game a bunch, but I think it'll wind up one of my least fave classes in the end. Sorcerer is next.

I was really blown away by this week's Direct, particularly the Mario-related annoucements! So I'm playing a buncha Mario on the Switch. I've found that playing Mario games has become a bit of a year-end holiday thing in the last few years, but the Mario RPG remake and Wonder announcements pushed things forward! Just dabbled with SMB 1 & 2. Will probably play a little more of the GBA version of 2, my fave. Will likely play all the way through the rest of what I own or have through NSO: SMB 3, SMW, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Odyssey, 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

EDIT: Er, not all this weekend of course 😁 But as much as I can get in!

Tears of the Kingdom (big surprise, I know) and I'm also trying to slip in some Xenoblade 3 and Soma over on the Xbox.

I’ll be playing as much Final Fantasy XVI as possible. Since the game is so intense/brutal, I’ll be chipping away at Golden Sun The Lost Age in the afternoons. I’m about to get the boat so I’m a decent-ish way in.

We're all feeling pretty sick this weekend. I think I will finish Metroid Fusion since my son has enjoyed watching me play it. I defeated
Nightmare
so I think we're near the end. I'm really liking it, and it's at its best when paired with a fever lol.

It's hard to say what else exactly I'll get into, but I'll keep y'all posted.

We're all feeling pretty sick this weekend. I think I will finish Metroid Fusion since my son has enjoyed watching me play it. I defeated
Nightmare
so I think we're near the end. I'm really liking it, and it's at its best when paired with a fever lol.

It's hard to say what else exactly I'll get into, but I'll keep y'all posted.
You’re close! Less than an hour or so to go if you knew what you’re doing, maybe a couple of hours if it’s your first time.

Great job taking down Nightmare! That thing is terrifying, and it’s a brutal fight to boot. One of the hardest in the entire series.

Feel better!

Already finished TotK but my brain is whispering for me to go back and explore that world again... and that desire is in a three-way tug-of-war with continuing my GAA2 playthrough (the mysteries from the first game are getting explored and that already has me invested) and going to save another timeline in Into The Breach.

I am tearing through my indie game backlog until mid-July when I travel for vacation (and maybe get back to TotK). Games I’ve beaten:

Ikenfell
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Grapple Dog
Spiritfarer
Transistor

Currently playing through Unpacking and Panzer Paladin.
Nice picks. I'm very fond of ikenfell. Battle system took getting to grips with, but I enjoyed it. The story and characters were great. I hope you liked it.

I'm playing Tears of the Kingdom again after taking a break from it.

I finished the career mode in Powerwash Simulator. Looking forward to the Spongebob DLC.

The who-what-where now?

Another well-known RPGMaker title that draws inspiration from the Mother series, and features a lot of surrealism, dark humor, and heavy subject matter. It's getting an updated version next month with the console release.

Last edited:
Main one for me will be Sonic Origins Plus which I picked up today for Switch. I will also probably fit some more time for Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom which I’m 60 hours into at this point but not f anywhere near finished with yet haha

TotK and I will also start Diablo 4 tonight, if my Xbox will ever be able to install it.. takes forever man (god bless Switch's instant launch)

Took Advance Wars back to the library and the strategy heat stays high; my probably year-long hold for Triangle Strategy came in! 🎊

Nice picks. I'm very fond of ikenfell. Battle system took getting to grips with, but I enjoyed it. The story and characters were great. I hope you liked it.

Yes, very much enjoyed the story and characters. It was nice to play something that was so unabashedly queer as well. Honestly wasn’t too big on the battle system though, at some point I just used the instant win button for the random encounters and just played through the boss battles normally. Still enjoyed my time with it.

Been playing Splatoon 3, Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (I never got around to playing it before and it's hella mid) and Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe

Back
Top Bottom