• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |9/22-9/24|

Been sick (my own fault, by my own admission) but played a lot of the following whilst bedridden from Friday onwards lol:

Doom 64 - such a good remaster.
Armored Core VI - still my GOTY, NG+ is so good.
Lumines HD - this game is so hard lol. Amazing music keeps me playing as the CPU destroys me.
Cyber Citizen Shockman - I finished this last night, 'tis a weird 2D action platformer game from Masaya. I'm kind of intrigued to check out the sequels though.
RE4 DLC - Separate Ways, which is fantastic DLC. Ada is so fun to play as and both her and Wesker in Mercenaries are really amazing. Capcom keep winning.

I'm going to play loads of Anonymous;Code today and will be playing it whilst away for work too as my "main game" - alongside more of Ocarina of Time which I had an inkling to replay once again - about to hit adulthood on the adventure and assemble "The Avengers" - In the form of the Seven Sages!

Once I've finished Anonymous;Code & Ocarina of Time, I'll probably next carry on my adventure in Baten Kaitos, which looks fantastic and I'm around 6 hours into so far, the pre-rendered environments/backgrounds look incredible, plus I like the in-game character art. The game itself just takes me way back to that era of classic turn based RPGs in the best way, really glad I picked it up now.

Making my way through Tales of Vesperia.
It's ok. Too much story for my liking, especially when it's presented in such a way that when a cutscene ends you can make 3 steps into the next one.
I honestly think I enjoyed the very first Tales game (even with my overuse of fast-forward of battles) more due to old anime aesthetics. The characters in Vesperia look ok but nowhere near the gorgeous portraits of Phantasia, and the animations are so limited they remind me of the most underdeveloped Yakuza sidestories.

205 hours in, 152 shrines done, and finally completed Tears of the Kingdom on Friday night. I went into the final showdown spoiler-free and was blown away, especially by how phenomenal the music was!!

Also, picked up my physical copy of Pikmin 1+2 yesterday, and having never played any of the series before it is taking a lot to get the hang of the controls. I’ve reset on Day 3 four times now 😭

Successful weekend so far. 2 hours 30 minutes on Sea of Stars (and counting), some time on F ZERO 99, and played through the final episode of Expanse. Neat.

Not bad, did you finish all the side quests in your run then?
Yeah, it can really be done faster if you just focus on the main story.Also there are some parts where you have to make some choices and affect some of the story, so if you want to see everthing you would probably need a replay

Got to play 7.5 hours of Pokemon SV DLC co-op with my brother online ultimately yesterday. Such an amazing experience finding and catching Pokemon together. Only have six left and we haven’t even been to the festival yet lol.

Really digging the increasing trend here of people reporting back how they did each weekend. Gives this thread a fun second life :)

Got to play 7.5 hours of Pokemon SV DLC co-op with my brother online ultimately yesterday. Such an amazing experience finding and catching Pokemon together. Only have six left and we haven’t even been to the festival yet lol.

Really digging the increasing trend here of people reporting back how they did each weekend. Gives this thread a fun second life :)
Reporting in!

My camping trip took up pretty much my entire weekend, so I didn’t get to play anything. Whoops 😬 But it was fun though. It was a bachelor party for one of my old high school friends. These guys all play video games, so in between all the drinking we were talking about Final Fantasy XVI and Pokémon and planning our next DnD campaigns. It was a blast.

Reporting in!

My camping trip took up pretty much my entire weekend, so I didn’t get to play anything. Whoops 😬 But it was fun though. It was a bachelor party for one of my old high school friends. These guys all play video games, so in between all the drinking we were talking about Final Fantasy XVI and Pokémon and planning our next DnD campaigns. It was a blast.
That’s awesome Red :)

Ahhh, the coziest thread on Famiboards! Thank you, Red Monster!

I'm going to be diving deep into Engage, which I just bought on impluse thanks to an Amazon sale ... that is if I have time off from assignments! I also want to get further into Yakuza 0. It's my third time starting the game (I'm not very good at continuing story based games) but I'm enjoying it so far. Hopefully I don't get a few chapters in and quit again 😅
....welp

.... I finished .... Doom 2016 .... Neither one of the games I said I'd be playing. I was already close to the end, and took a break from the game because I was having gamer moments in a particularly hard room. So I went back and finished it real quick. When this game came out in 2016, I was a very big fan of the original Doom and honestly ended up pretty disappointed in 2016. It didn't feel like Doom, and it didn't represent what I loved about it. But coming back to the game long after it's come out has made me realize it's great! It might be different from what I looked for in the older games, but it's still very good. It is a bit poorly balanced on Ultra-Violence though 😩

I ended up playing very little video games this weekend, though I will probably play a decent amount tonight. I'm also going to get back to TGAA2, I think. Feels wrong that I'm on the last case and still haven't finished it yet.

It was a surprisingly busy weekend, both in the personal standpoint, and in gaming.

Main game was, surprisingly, Tears of the Kingdom
F6zfGNtakAAGD1I

After finishing the quest to find all the glyphs, i decided to chase after draconized Zelda, but got distracted by a girl that wanted to see all three giant whale fossils, so i decided to humor her and, since i play this game just like i played BotW (no fast travel unless i need to replenish arrows), i spent all the time traveling from one fossil to another and doing everything in between.

It was fun, i finally got a knack for developing constructs and have been making all kind of vehicles both simple and more complex with self-defense devices (the journey to the last fossil with a sand glider, a golem head and an ice dragon was incredibly entertaining) and completed a grand total of 20 shrines. Now, the reward was pitiful, but i was able to buy more arrows, yay!

Pokémon Fire Red also got a surprising amount of playtime. At first i was just grinding, going from Lavender to Fuchsia fighting trainers over and over again, but ended up going back to Saffron and challenging Sabrina! I had two tanks and two hard hitters, so it was surprisingly easy save for her very last Pokémon. This was my team last night, right after defeating her:
  • BoneBoi the Marowak (lv. 32) - The little Cubone evolved! In fact, him evolving was what made me decide to give the Saffron gym a try. BoneBoi is a heavy hitter, and beat every single Kadabra in the Gym. Tried his luck agaisnt Sabrina's Alakazam, but that one was too strong (lv. 42!)
  • PiroDoggo the Arcanine (lv. 33) - When BoneBoi couldn't finish the job, he did. His bite took out a couple of problematic 'mons, a few ghosts and THE Alakazam. Survived to Foresight with 1 PS.
  • ChuPika the Raichu (lv. 35) - Unsung hero of the gym battle. This roden right here took out everything that neither BoneBoi nor PiroDoggo could handle, that is, the whole Slowpoke and Slowbro crew of the gym. She also paralized Alakazam, but Sabrina used Full Heal, wich made me salty on unhealthy levels.
  • Ferryman the Lapras (lv. 32) - Tanked more than fought, but managed to confuse a couple of pesky ghosts and was lucky enough to easily get rid of confusion and give them their own medicine.
  • MsDriller the Fearow (lv. 32) - Flew over a few ghosts' attacks and returned the favor with critical hits. Her contribution to the battle was similar to Ferryman's, but still greatly appreciated.
  • Moonie the Clefable (lv. 34) - After deciding that he had no more attacks worth learning, i evolved him in my way to Saffron. Our innocent moon fairy right here is a special tank AND attacker, and fought every single Haunter in the Gym, as well as one Slowbro and took part in the final Alakazam fight. A resilient mofo, this one.

Last edited:
It was a surprisingly busy weekend, both in the personal standpoint, and in gaming.

Main game was, surprisingly, Tears of the Kingdom
F6zfGNtakAAGD1I

After finishing the quest to find all the glyphs, i decided to chase after draconized Zelda, but got distracted by a girl that wanted to see all three giant whale fossils, so i decided to humor her and, since i play this game just like i played BotW (no fast travel unless i need to replenish arrows), i spent all the time traveling from one fossil to another and doing everything in between.

It was fun, i finally got a knack for developing constructs and have been making all kind of vehicles both simple and more complex with self-defense devices (the journey to the last fossil with a sand glider, a golem head and an ice dragon was incredibly entertaining) and completed a grand total of 20 shrines. Now, the reward was pitiful, but i was able to buy more arrows, yay!

Pokémon Fire Red also got a surprising amount of playtime. At first i was just grinding, going from Lavender to Fuchsia fighting trainers over and over again, but ended up going back to Saffron and challenging Sabrina! I had two tanks and two hard hitters, so it was surprisingly easy save for her very last Pokémon. This was my team last night, right after defeating her:
  • BoneBoi the Marowak (lv. 32) - The little Cubone evolved! In fact, him evolving was what made me decide to give the Saffron gym a try. BoneBoi is a heavy hitter, and beat every single Kadabra in the Gym. Tried his luck agaisnt Sabrina's Alakazam, but that one was too strong (lv. 42!)
  • PiroDoggo the Arcanine (lv. 33) - When BoneBoi couldn't finish the job, he did. His bite took out a couple of problematic 'mons, a few ghosts and THE Alakazam. Survived to Foresight with 1 PS.
  • ChuPika the Raichu (lv. 35) - Unsung hero of the gym battle. This roden right here took out everything that neither BoneBoi nor PiroDoggo could handle, that is, the whole Slowpoke and Slowbro crew of the gym. She also paralized Alakazam, but Sabrina used Full Heal, wich made me salty on unhealthy levels.
  • Ferryman the Lapras (lv. 32) - Tanked more than fought, but managed to confuse a couple of pesky ghosts and was lucky enough to easily get rid of confusion and give them their own medicine.
  • MsDriller the Fearow (lv. 32) - Flew over a few ghosts' attacks and returned the favor with critical hits. Her contribution to the battle was similar to Ferryman's, but still greatly appreciated.
  • Moonie the Clefable (lv. 34) - After deciding that he had no more attacks worth learning, i evolved him in my way to Saffron. Our innocent moon fairy right here is a special tank AND attacker, and fought every single Haunter in the Gym, as well as one Slowbro and took part in the final Alakazam fight. A resilient mofo, this one.
I love reading your Fire Red recaps!

I ended up playing through all of Chants of Sennaar in about six and a half hours (over three sessions)—very excellent game. it definitely runs out of steam/sticks around a bit too long once you've managed to translate everything, but I was constantly surprised and engaged up to that point. it makes really clever, varied use of that core language mechanic. I know the stealth sections have been the subject of some criticism, but those parts are brief, fairly forgiving, and mostly limited to one section of the game early on—never found them too annoying.

Last edited:
I've been talking up getting into diamond in Wild Rift and I'm now like right on the cusp. Pretty nerve wracking but I'm sure I'll at least end up back in emerald 2 or where I wanna be this week.
I was thinking about getting P4G to play on my gfs ps4 when I'm there...maybe.
Other than that, Baldurs Gate 3 will likely steal me. And as usual I am doing that Sonic Heroes all A ranks.
Maybe I'll start a fun psp game this week.
coming back in to say my plan 3 or so fami whatcha playin's in a row is finally done- I am diamond.

I started a new playthrough of Final Fantasy VII Remake, this time with the PS5 improvements. Got up to the midpoint of Chapter 4. I then decided to try Dark Souls 3 since I was mentally avoiding it after beating the first two entries a few months back - wanted a break from the constant deaths lol. Surprisingly got into the game and just beat my first Lord of Cinder. I got a feeling this will keep me occupied now until I finish the game.

On Switch I also played through Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon. I did not realize this was a roguelite game when I played so I was a bit concerned as the only other game in the genre I played was Hades. I ended up beating the game like five times including getting the true ending. Seems like there is a lot of content, glad to have something like this I can play for short bursts overtime.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom