• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |8/4-8/7|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy weekend, fami! We made it through another week. It’s time for our weekly whatcha playin’ thread. You know the drill!

Pretty much all my gaming time will once again be spent with Final Fantasy XVI. I haven’t been able to spend much time gaming this week, so hopefully I’ll be able to get a few good hours in this weekend. I’m also gonna be playing my some more Super Mario RPG on the side. These are the same updates I’ve been giving for weeks, but what can I say? There’s no time for anything when you’ve got two young kids.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Hopefully I will get the Final Fantasy XVI platinum, only 3 trophies left.

Miles Edgeworth investigations on DS.

I've owned that game for a very long time but never played it before. I just finished Ghost Trick last week and it made me want more VN style stuff.

Just finished Disney Illusion Island! High quality platforming. Reminds me of Rayman Legends but sadly it's not up there. Gonna try to 100% it this week.

Other than that, my Trails into Reverie playthrough continues. Some Brotato and Clash of Heroes runs between sessions.

Baldur's Gate 3 (Steam Deck), Ray'z Arcade Chronology (Switch), and Street Fighter 6 (PS5).

I started Saturday Edition on Playdate. I’ve been neglecting the handheld for months so it’s been nice revisiting it.

Annual Backlaugust started earlier this week on the other Nintendo forum I used to regularly post so to start, I gave myself some attainable goals: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES Classic), Chrono Trigger (DS), and UnMetal (Switch). I have to restart that last one because I don’t remember where I left off.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 mainly. I had dropped it a couple of years ago, but recently started a fresh save and have been enjoying it.

I finished Patrick's Parabox during the week (just around two thirds of the puzzles though, so I'll still keep returning to it). I've also been trying to play Danganronpa on the side, but I'm not too keen on it 😅

Going to start a new game this weekend, unsure what though, I’m leaning towards Dragon Quest 11s or Persona 5 Royal

Exoprimal (Xbox Gamepass PC) - I must keep crushing those efficacy metrics!

Doing my dailies in Splatoon 3, ~20 levels left in the season's catalog so I can unlock the Haori jacket.

and the weekly question: Will I ever get my groove back and commit to Final Fantasy 16 proper? Whos knows.

Last edited:
About to finish Mega Man Zero 3, already gotten a few bosses into Mega Man ZX as well (via the Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection), so kind of obsessed with Mega Man games at the moment hah.

Finishing FFXVI tonight, finally lol. Literally walking into the final boss as I'm posting this.

Also 7 chapters into Another Code: R on Wii. Slowly uncovering the mysteries, peeling away one by one. Game is really good and cosy and is classic CiNG, through and through. Great bedtime game.

After I finish FFXVI and MM Zero 3, I'll get back to Rain Code. Hopefully by Sunday at the absolute latest.

Miles Edgeworth investigations on DS.

I've owned that game for a very long time but never played it before. I just finished Ghost Trick last week and it made me want more VN style stuff.

Played it at the start of the year. Great game! Enjoy.

Hopefully wrapping up FINAL FANTASY V

All optional summons in the third world gotten, just gotta tackle that final dungeon!

Ace Combat 7, starting to get the hang of the gameplay but I'm only on the fifth mission.

It will be TotK all weekend!

Nailing the Recall trick (save file 1)
Completing the compendium (save file 2)
Going to Korok forest (save file 3)

I think my time will be split between Zelda: Oracle of Ages (I'm working on getting to the 7th dungeon), dabbling in some games on Dreams (there's some really good stuff there) and FFXIV (I swear I'll make it farther this time).

Good question. Just about cleared the SMB revisit. Got momentum going in FFVIII. Don’t have a set action game but I keep going back to work on that final route of FEWTH, and jumping into EDFWB.
Need to start a new evening game, leaning AI TSF

It's the wife's turn to get the little one to sleep, so I warming up with a round of Lords of Waterdeep on steam, then we'll be playing something together.

Either we continue with Ghost Trick or we'll play Trinity Trigger.. not sure!

I'm starting The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and also playing some Death's Door on PS5. I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

EDIT: What's with the Cappy tag? I much preferred the Rattata one lol.

I’m touching grass. Specifically, Swiss grass. And soon Italian grass.

I’ve been meaning to get back into Pikmin 4 but Smash and TotK are just so good for unwinding when I’m back in my hotel room

I'm unsure as of right now. My current ideas are:
  • Do some more stuff in Tears of the Kingdom - I'm basically done with the story, it's just all upgrading gear and finding more Korok now
  • Continue playing Dragon Quest Treasures, 13 Sentinels or Rhapsody
  • Do further reading on The Fairy's Song
  • Play something else
Visiting my parents this week, so I can game pretty much all week when I don't have stuff to do.

EDIT: What's with the Cappy tag? I much preferred the Rattata one lol.
I believe it changes every 50 posts. You can set your own Custom Title in your Account Details. I never changed mine because I’m too curious what they auto-change to. 💁‍♀️

Lost Odyssey all day bay-bay.

If Friday afternoon counts as the weekend I also fulfilled a long-gestating ambition to make a world in Mario Maker just a few hours ago! I think it turned out pretty dang well, honestly. I made a gif and everything!

PXM-ND9-FBG
LIZp48W.gif

Finally getting over my case of mono but it's a bit off a busier weekend than I would like it to be.

I'm hoping to find the time to wrap up Live A Live for good. I had to repeat the final chapter due to a goof-up on my side, but I've got 2.25 of the optional dungeons left to to do, and then it's a matter of taking down the remaining two optional bosses I want to beat and then the final boss for the True Ending this time.

After that, I'm doing an RPG detox/palette cleanse before moving onto Tears of the Kingdom in earnest. Not entirely sure what I'll be doing but I've got an overwhelming number of options to pick from so I'm kinda excited and just going to go with whatever I feel like in the moment. But I do think there will be some 2D Mario in the mix because of the site event.

Twelve weeks of Tears of the Kingdom and the secrets never stop- finally settling on a paraglider fabric, grabbing six sweet sweet froggy loots for a certain mask, FINALLY revisiting my old friends in Tarrey Town, maybe after 70 hours now I'll tackle a second area phenomenon... 😂

iu

I think it turned out pretty dang well, honestly. I made a gif and everything!
I'll download that!

Finally getting over my case of mono but it's a bit off a busier weekend than I would like it to be.

I'm hoping to find the time to wrap up Live A Live for good. I had to repeat the final chapter due to a goof-up on my side, but I've got 2.25 of the optional dungeons left to to do, and then it's a matter of taking down the remaining two optional bosses I want to beat and then the final boss for the True Ending this time.

After that, I'm doing an RPG detox/palette cleanse before moving onto Tears of the Kingdom in earnest. Not entirely sure what I'll be doing but I've got an overwhelming number of options to pick from so I'm kinda excited and just going to go with whatever I feel like in the moment. But I do think there will be some 2D Mario in the mix because of the site event.
glad to hear you’re feeling better!

I’m one boss fight away from the point of no return in the Finale of Trails Into Reverie. Excited to beat that today and start tackling the final side quests. I’m hoping to roll credits this weekend and start tackling the post game. Next week I should get back to Pikmin 4 then.

Nothing! I'm going out of town shortly and will be fishing and hiking in the mountains for a few days. Not going completely off the grid since I will have my phone for some random internet sometimes but not taking any gaming stuff with me.

Nothing! I'm going out of town shortly and will be fishing and hiking in the mountains for a few days. Not going completely off the grid since I will have my phone for some random internet sometimes but not taking any gaming stuff with me.
ah, you’re playing Firewatch but IRL. Have fun!

Exoprimal (Xbox Gamepass PC) - I must keep crushing those efficacy metrics!

Doing my dailies in Splatoon 3, ~20 levels left in the season's catalog so I can unlock the Haori jacket.

and the weekly question: Will I ever get my groove back and commit to Final Fantasy 16 proper? Whos knows.
HAVE A SUPER DAY
I’m one boss fight away from the point of no return in the Finale of Trails Into Reverie. Excited to beat that today and start tackling the final side quests. I’m hoping to roll credits this weekend and start tackling the post game. Next week I should get back to Pikmin 4 then.
danny-devito-music-videos.jpg

Make sure you remember Trails in December. Yes, all three of them.

HAVE A SUPER DAY

danny-devito-music-videos.jpg

Make sure you remember Trails in December. Yes, all three of them.
I don't normally like to say this until I roll credits, but Trails Into Reverie is my current GOTY front runner so it shouldn't be too hard :)

Nayuta is my next highly anticipated game for me too :) I will of course also champion Trails To Azure during GOTY voting even though for me, I played it via the Geofront version first so it won't be eligible for my personal top ten.

I don't normally like to say this until I roll credits, but Trails Into Reverie is my current GOTY front runner so it shouldn't be too hard :)

Nayuta is my next highly anticipated game for me too :) I will of course also champion Trails To Azure during GOTY voting even though for me, I played it via the Geofront version first so it won't be eligible for my personal top ten.
I think Zero and Azure Switch ports should be what people talk about when discussing "the best switch ports ever". The only things that I would consider similar quality would be Metroid Prime Remastered and Xenoblade Definitive (remaster but you get my point).

I think Zero and Azure Switch ports should be what people talk about when discussing "the best switch ports ever". The only things that I would consider similar quality would be Metroid Prime Remastered and Xenoblade Definitive (remaster but you get my point).
100%! So much care went into those ports. Absolutely the definitive edition of two classic games.

100%! So much care went into those ports. Absolutely the definitive edition of two classic games.

Even though I bought those two on everything, I consider the Switch versions the best since they lose almost nothing compared to other PC handhelds. I truly hope NIS America gets PH3 to do Kuro. Kuro is quite heavy on Steam Deck compared to Reverie so I fear for the Switch port.

Also speaking of Kuro, this conversation got me to resume it on Steam Deck. Sorry SF6!

I'm visiting friends but have my Switch with me. It'll probably be a tiny bit of either Oracle of Seasons or Pikmin 4 if I have time.

FFXIV, currently just levelling alt jobs.

Probably some more Stranger of Paradise too.

Lost Odyssey all day bay-bay.

If Friday afternoon counts as the weekend I also fulfilled a long-gestating ambition to make a world in Mario Maker just a few hours ago! I think it turned out pretty dang well, honestly. I made a gif and everything!

PXM-ND9-FBG
LIZp48W.gif
This looks awesome. Original MM or MM2? I only have the original and I'm not sure if level codes still work on that at this point.

Just came back from a Honkai Star Rail fan event. It was pretty good. The game looks so pretty. If I am not already committed to other gacha games such as Granblue Fantasy, I would have given it a try.

Still in Chapter 4 for Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I'm trying to clear one side quest per night. But at my pacing, I probably won't roll credits before end of the month. Not that I'm in a rush or anything. I don't have any MUST-PLAY-DAY-ONE games for the rest of 2023 (thank goodness). I can afford to take my time.

Been playing the world's worst game -- cleaning out your house -- and just came across an Isabelle Build-A-Bear I didn't even remember I owned. It's sad that I have this when it'll only be buried lol. Some Isabelle Freak out there should!

This looks awesome. Original MM or MM2? I only have the original and I'm not sure if level codes still work on that at this point.
Thank you! Alas, it's MM2. I think your inkling is right that MM1 is pretty well completely taken offline at this point, which is a shame.

I managed to finish a first run in Double Dragon Gaiden. I actually like the concept of you choosing the mission order and adjusting the difficulty once you beat one instead of always following the same path like the classic beat'em up , it gives some freshness when replaying it. Went with Bimmy and Marion and her rocket launcher move is very good, saved me a lot of the time

Managed to get some quality TotK time in after taking a break last month. Went back to some of the shrines I skipped, namely Proving Grounds, and got enough to LoBs to completely upgrade the third stamina wheel.

Back
Top Bottom