• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |8/25-8/27|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday, pals! We somehow made it through another week. That means it’s time for weekend gaming!

I started a couple new games this week actually! Of course I’ll be playing Final Fantasy XVI and Super Mario RPG, but if I find the time, I’ll also play some Tearaway on the Vita and some Wario World for GCN. We’ll see!

Happy weekend, everyone!

I should probably play something else but Ive been playing nothing but Vampire Survivors lately.

Wario World for GCN
GplEBws.gif

I've not touched a game for the past couple of days, so hopefully I can get back to Pikmin 4 this weekend. Not getting my hopes up though, bad day at work.

Testing on that homebrew Game Boy game began yesterday. I’ll be trying to break things all weekend. The game is called The Mayor of Sanctuary. They said we can share the title screen, but otherwise don’t want us saying anything else so dropping the title is fair.

While it isn’t a very long game (per the developer), trying to interact with everything for collision, go out of bounds etc. is time consuming.

The game looks great artistically though. It’s amazing what people can do with pixel graphics on Game Boy/Game Boy Color.

Last edited:
Armored Core VI and on a bank holiday weekend too. I'm throwing down the gauntlet. It's been so long since I've played a new AC game, can't wait for the download to finish!

Also in Chapter 4 of Rain Code now and it's bloody fantastic. I'll probably get the DLC and play through all that as well now since I'm really enjoying the wacky story.

Played through Sonic Generations on 3DS this week to completion since I saw it cheap and hadn't played this game (had played the PS3/360 version way back when, which is a different game), just going to try and get my final S ranks!

Also been playing The Bookwalker: Thief of Tales and it's a great Indie point and click adventure game that fuses first person gameplay in the "real world" and diving into the world of the books in a isometric style camera viewpoint which also mixes in turn based combat and dialogue options in really cool little worlds to explore in each stage as you uncover each mystery. The back and forth with the MCs companion is also quite fun. It's not discussed much online that I can see but it's a good adventure.

On Switch, I've been playing a bunch of Vampire Survivors. I've kinda hit a wall where I'm not super sure how to "progress" further, but I'm still enjoying just doing a couple runs throughout the day.

I also picked up that 3D platformer bundle from Humble Bundle, so on Steam Deck I'm gonna be playing A Hat in Time. Only about an hour in, but I'm liking what I've seen so far.

I plan on beating Bomb Rush Cyberfunk (Switch version) and Final Fantasy 16 (PS5 obv) this weekend.

In between those, more Exoprimal (Xbox Gamepass PC). Just enjoying the games in my rotation currently!

Wrapped up Citizen Sleeper today, was a great time!

I don't want to settle into something new and huge right before Starfield, so I'm going to continue to stick with smaller experiences. I've dabbled in Toem on Game Pass which is an absolute gem. Also hope to find the motivation to pick up Unsighted again.

Wrapping up my Yakuza 6 replay and hopefully finishing Tinykin, or at the very least making good progress. Wanna finish before it gets yoinked from Game Pass.

Chrono Cross.

Last night, I completed the Hydra Marshes, which is officially further than I got in my first attempt last year. Excited to see what else this game has in store!

Oh, like a billion games.
I'm in the back half of Octopath 2, and started 13 Sentinels. Also going slowly through Terranigma for the first time and started up Blasphemous 2.

Happy Friday, pals! We somehow made it through another week. That means it’s time for weekend gaming!

I started a couple new games this week actually! Of course I’ll be playing Final Fantasy XVI and Super Mario RPG, but if I find the time, I’ll also play some Tearaway on the Vita and some Wario World for GCN. We’ll see!

Happy weekend, everyone!

I adored Tearaway, it’s a fantastic little game and has some really great features, hope you enjoy it!

Me, I’ve got a busy weekend this weekend, theatre show tomorrow for my birthday and then AEW at Wembley on Sunday! If I can get any time I’ll play more Dragon Quest 11s still not put much time into it, maybe 6-7 hours so far so I need to get into it haha

Who else but Wild Rift?
Jokes aside, I've been messing around with a pokemon rom hack, Radical Red, wwhich is a fun time if you're insane. I'm doing a run thats randomized so that causes extra fun.
Sonic Heroes has also been fun- trying not to die is a test of my patience but I'm comfortable with the work I've put in

Sonic Frontiers

Finally got it off my backlog and been running through it the past week.
Gonna try to finish it tonight or tomorrow.

I'm installing some Dolby Atmos speakers tonight, and I think a Sonic OST is going to be the perfect way to break them in!
(I know the Switch doesn't support Atmos, but my reciever does a great job upmixing things that dont so it's all good on that front)

After that, I'll jump back into the Pokemon Trading Card Game game to ride me out until Starfield arrives!

This weekend, this is a Red Dead Redemption household. Especially because the forecast for the weekend is heavy rain. So I'll sit my ass on the couch on Saturday and it's not getting out of there for too long until the weekend's over.

I returned to Oracle of Seasons for the first time in 15 days earlier today and made my way to the 4th dungeon, so I'll try to at least do that dungeon.

Episode 3 of Telltale's The Expanse is here, so I'll continue that. I'll also be trying to figure out whether to wait and start Sea of Stars on Tuesday, or to put that on the back-burner and instead finally do XBC3 Future Redeemed.

Undecided. Just wrapped up FFVIII so gotta figure out my next rpg, still tempted to finish that final FEWTH route and just need to see how I’m feeling

I’m not sure what my weekend holds for me exactly as it’s looking to suddenly be quite busy, but I should have enough time to fully finish Pikmin 4 as I only have a few caves and challenges left in the final area. The post game content, especially the extra hard Dandori maps, was tremendous! After that I’ll be playing This Way Madness Lies. By this time next week then I’ll finally be playing Rain Code! I did just get Armored Core VI today, but I don’t think I’ll have time to dive in right away.

Getting my ass kicked in Armored Core right now but I just beat the first boss so that is good

Beat Tropical Freeze earlier and I will hopefully return to FFX as well

I'm going to try to beat The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve on the Nintendo Switch ™️ family of systems

I'm also resisting the urge to buy Armored Core. A hard immersive action game that requires you to really delve in and immerse yourself while learning how to play sounds exactly like what the doctor ordered.

Hopefully finishing up Downtown Nekketsu Kunio-kun (I forgot how much of a grind/slog the last 1/3rd can be when soloing) and playing some NES Mario as part of my palette cleanse

But I'm also itching for board games lately, so I may play do a solo board gaming night or play some digital adaptations I have one of these nights.

Armored Core VI on Steam as I wait for my Xbox launch edition physical to arrive. I might cave on digital PS for multiplayer as well since the game is amazing on PC. That's nearly €180 on one game. Don't tell @Aurc please.

I plan on beating Bomb Rush Cyberfunk (Switch version) and Final Fantasy 16 (PS5 obv) this weekend.

In between those, more Exoprimal (Xbox Gamepass PC). Just enjoying the games in my rotation currently!

How is the Switch version of BRC?

Also my new main is Murasame frost alpha suit. Love it.

Wrapped up Citizen Sleeper today, was a great time!

I don't want to settle into something new and huge right before Starfield, so I'm going to continue to stick with smaller experiences. I've dabbled in Toem on Game Pass which is an absolute gem. Also hope to find the motivation to pick up Unsighted again.

I need to resume Citizen Sleeper with the sequel being confirmed for console finally.

My copy of Samba de Amigo: Party Central was actually delivered today (thanks Wal-Mart!) so I'll be playing that this weekend. Also some Vampire Survivors and Pocky & Rocky Reshrined. After a massive game like Zelda it's refreshing to get into some smaller, pick-up-and-play type games.

How is the Switch version of BRC?

Also my new main is Murasame frost alpha suit. Love it.

It's pretty good imo. It targets native res in handheld and maybe 1080p docked, but not sure about that. It has a 30fps mode and an unlocked framerate mode that targets 60fps but does dip off and on. Overall it's a solid port.

And nice Murasame Alpha is fun! Nimbus Alpha is my go-to now.

It's pretty good imo. It targets native res in handheld and maybe 1080p docked, but not sure about that. It has a 30fps mode and an unlocked framerate mode that targets 60fps but does dip off and on. Overall it's a solid port.

And nice Murasame Alpha is fun! Nimbus Alpha is my go-to now.

I wish BRC was available as a physical right now. I don't really like spending that much on a digital only game unless it is something I will play long term. Thank you for the impressions.

Armored Core VI on Steam as I wait for my Xbox launch edition physical to arrive. I might cave on digital PS for multiplayer as well since the game is amazing on PC. That's nearly €180 on one game. Don't tell @Aurc please.
danny-devito-edward-gilpin.gif

Trying to finish the 2nd part of The Last of Us Part 2, maybe dip into Metroir Prime Remastered and will be very tempted to start "Like a Dragon: Shin".

After not loving most of the recent Pokémon titles, I thought it would be fun to go back and play my favourite generation again for the first time in 10+ years. So I got out Pokémon Black Version as well as its guidebook, and have been playing like crazy. I’ve been doing way more side content and visiting optional locations than I did in my childhood playthrough, so I’m seeing more of Unova and having more awesome experiences than ever before. Plus, after so long having not played and only relying on my foggy childhood memory, so much of the game feels like I’m experiencing it for the first time. You’d better believe I’m getting out the sequel once I’m done… but I’m taking my time with this first!

Yeah, my anxiety is peaking again, so it seems like this weekend may be a repeat for me:

Euro Truck Simulator 2
Got another garage at Murcia, bought another truck, hired another trucker and rised another level, maxing up my long distance deliveries! So now i'm in the middle of a delivery that literally goes from Murcia to the northest point available. 3000 km yay!

I have no other objective than drive and relax. I need it.

Pokémon Fire Red
This one is going to become a mainstay, maybe. I had forgotten that you needed to stop and grind from time to time to be up to snuff, it used to be so natural back then.

Current team:
  • Blasto the Wartortle
  • ChuPika the Pikachu
  • ElPreparao the Nidoran (male)
  • MsDriller the Spearow
  • Papillon the Butterfree
  • RageMonke the Mankey
I'm at the Cerulean Gym now. Knowing what comes next, half of my team is going to be replaced soon. Gotta think more nicknames.

And this is it, i think. No side dishes partly because i had to sell most of my controllers because of a money emergency, and i'm not in the mood to tinker with DS4windows to play anything on Game Pass.

Well, maybe Skyrim on Switch, but i'm stuck fighting a dragon and, again, not in the mood for that.

Gonna try to put in some time on FFXIV this weekend, but I'm in one of those phases where I sort of bounce around between a bunch of games. Red Dead Redemption looks amazing on the Switch OLED so I'll definitely be playing that, but I also picked up Wuppo on Switch (charming little game so far, and was only $2!), plus The Oregon Trail for a bit of something different.

And I did finally get Vampire Survivors on Switch too, and good god that game is addicting.

Finally wrapped up Tears of the Kingdom's main quest this week. Amazing experience, and I was super satisfied with the story and the ending. I was actually kind of underwhelmed given all my hype in the beginning because it did feel so much like Breath of the Wild after the first few hours, and it obviously couldn't capture the magic of experiencing that world for the first time all over again, but it just goes to show how amazing that game was as well that I ended up getting sucked in for 120 hours into the same (but also not the same) world again. Going to take a break from it for now, but I definitely intend to go back and clean up the few Shrines and Lightroots (and maybe some of the more interesting side quests I didn't finish) when the inevitable DLC drops.

Started Armored Core VI last night intending to play for maybe an hour and ended up playing for 3 and going to bed at 4am. This game is awesome.

I wrapped up the first world in Wario World today. This game is fun! I love pile driving dinosaurs into other dinosaurs. The jumping is a bit iffy though.

I'm making my way through Yoshi's Island this week, the last of the games I need to finish for the Super Mario All-Stars Celebration event. I have until the 14th to finish, and it's already the longest game in the challenge with its lengthy levels and steep 100% requirements. Moments like this make me glad I'm not playing Starfield (I say as my uncompleted save files for Tears of the Kingdom and Pikmin 4 stare me down).

Finally started Oracle of ages, just finished second dungeon. Never played either ages or seasons so this is a new experience. Makes me want a new top down zelda!

I wish BRC was available as a physical right now. I don't really like spending that much on a digital only game unless it is something I will play long term. Thank you for the impressions.

I think it'll happen eventually because when they released their last game Lethal League Blaze (which didn't have as much word of mouth buzz as BRC because that's their own thing) they worked with a Japanese publisher to make physicals for Switch/PS4. It was on Play-Asia and supported English language.

While I don't think it's the exact same situation, I'm sure they understand the demand and I can see them announcing it late this year or sometime in 2024.

Well, in the end it wasn't a bad weekend, gaming wise.

Completed my 3000km delivery and did another one going back to Spain. 2500km or so. With some chillout music, it went without a hitch.

Long distance deliveries pay a lot, btw. I'm contemplating specializing a couple of my truckers on those.

About Pokémon, didn't play a lot, but grinded enough to beat Misty, and due to a series of unfortunate critical hits my whole team was wiped and ended up winning through a battle of attrition, it was kinda pathetic but hey! I won!

Need an Xbox controller. Starfield release day is TOO close :(

Back
Top Bottom