• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |7/21-7/23|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday, folks! We made it through another grueling work week, and it’s finally the weekend. What are your plans? What games are you gonna play? Let us know!

I will of course be continuing with Final Fantasy XVI. I’ve realized that my time for games is extremely limited these days, so I won’t plan on playing anything else. If it happens it happens. Besides gaming, we’ll be taking our family to a pool party tomorrow which should be fun.

Now it’s your turn! Let us know what you’re gonna do and play! Happy weekend everybody.

The Barbenheimer of videogames

Untitled-1_HY4pslO.jpg

and

1280x720.jpg

First season started in Diablo IV, so I will be checking that out more. Started a sorcerer, got to level ~15 and finished the first chapter so far. Enjoying the system of taking down special elites, then taking down a tougher version to cage their malignant hearts into powerful socketable items. The wheels are already spinning on how I can juice up my eventual build with these. Very fun, kinda gross, very Diablo!

Don’t have anything else to get for Switch for a while, so in the meantime I’m back to Bonfire Peaks and it’s DLC, trying to finish more levels and find new optional ones I missed the first time. It’s so hard and yet weirdly relaxing. This game got an update out of nowhere this week, so hopefully that means Part 2 of the DLC is coming soon.

I was thinking of getting Pikmin 4 this weekend, but I have too many games on the go at once

Breath of Fire 2
Diablo 4
Tears of the Kingdom
Mega Man and Bass
Tales of Phantasia
Wild ARMS 4
Xenoblade Future Redeemed
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line FCs
Gal Guardians: Demon Purge
Bravely Default
Final Fantasy 6

plus a few others I can't think of cause I'm at work. A few hours into each of these and I really need to focus on 1 before I start up 4 more lol.

Probably TotK until Pikmin 4 arrives today. Then it's Pikmin 4 all weekend. It's my first Pikmin game. The demo sold me on the game.

Well, I've decided to take a break from Tears of the Kingdom. I like the game still, I just... haven't had the energy to play anything all week so I've been looking at maybe playing something less... involved this weekend.

Maybe I'll play some DOOM 64 (still need to finish the Lost Levels portion of the remaster), maybe I'll read on in some of my visual novels. Or something silly, "overly anime-y" and horny, can't go wrong with that.

A friend ordered the Pyra + Mythra Amiibo 2-Pack for me since I don’t have an account. If GameStop doesn’t cancel the order, I’ll play Super Smash Anime Waifus Ultimate with these ladies. Just kidding, I wouldn’t open the Amiibos. They must sit in a box unopened and unsullied.

As usual, Alundra. Haven’t made progress in a while.

I got Melon Journey Pocket from Limited Run Games yesterday so I may open that.

Pikmin 4.

But I'll have to stop for about four hours or so to watch Oppenheimer. But it'll be Pikmin 4 through the rest of the weekend, I'm thinking.

I am visiting family on my SO’s side in India right now, so decided to switch things up and use my personal alone time while here to dive into the NSO catalog a bit more. Started playing Banjo Kazooie and am getting started on the second world right now.

We're doing a rare weeklong vacation starting today. Since it's kind of like a neverending weekend, I'll say that we packed physical carts of Persona 5 Royal (currently September), Tears of the Kingdom (Gerudo Town), Super Mario Odyssey (exploring in the post-game), Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and Mario Golf: Super Rush.

I think we'll be playing some What the Golf? and Conduct Together! too.

I also am interested in doing some late-night sessions playing the browser-based English fan translation of the Serial Experiments Lain PlayStation game.

I'm commited to get all the badges of the Mario challenge before the end of july. I need to finish SMW, SML and Yoshi Island and yesterday I started SMW already so gonna finish this and Mario Land on the weekend.

Also gonna play "YEAH! YOU WANT "THOSE GAMES," RIGHT? SO HERE YOU GO! NOW, LET'S SEE YOU CLEAR THEM!" just because the sole idea of making a decent game with all those mobile games is awesome, and it's really cheap here. I bought it with coins

I really should start Oxenfree 2 and get that done before I start Pikmin 4. I've not been gaming as much but have sunk back into online bouts on Splatoon 3 and Mario Kart.

Replaying Bayonetta 3, Spider-Man, and playing some more Victoria 3.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I'm at... Chapter 3 now and the story went hard. I can safely say that I like this way better than Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
But I'm also expected to turn up at a local anime convention to attempt business... so I might not have enough time to play any games. orz.

Also gonna play "YEAH! YOU WANT "THOSE GAMES," RIGHT? SO HERE YOU GO! NOW, LET'S SEE YOU CLEAR THEM!" just because the sole idea of making a decent game with all those mobile games is awesome, and it's really cheap here. I bought it with coins
this is such a cool idea for a game collection. i might have to check it out. and what a title, too!

Advance Wars 2 and Pikmin 4.

The Michael Jordan "I used to pray for times like these" meme really applies

I went from RainCode + CS4 last weekend to Might & Magic + Persona 4 this weekend lol. I am close to ending both so thats good. I really need to get back to Raincode but the gimmicky number rising nature of P4G and M&M is too tempting for me ugggh lol.

I was meaning to start Danganronpa, but made the mistake of playing through the Pikmin 4 demo and now I want to get the full game. I hope I won't actually have time to visit the local game store during the weekend, and manage to get over the urge 😅

Mostly Trails into Reverie and RainCode.

Some Clash of Heroes, The Settlers New Allies, Sailing Era and Railway Empire 2 between long Trails sessions. Sailing Era surprised me with its quality. Chinese devs seriously are getting better super fast.

Remnant 2, Wild Hearts and Stranger of Paradise.

Remnant 2 is my big game this month, and Wild Hearts is a surprisingly good MonHun clone. Stranger of Paradise has shocked me, as I expected it to be just bad, but the game is a lot of fun to play.

Pikmin 4 is gonna have to wait 😞

I’m going out of town so I probably won’t have much time to play this weekend. But if I do, I’ll probably put some more work towards the Mario All-Stars event, and maybe some Pikmin 4.

My copy of Pikmin 4 just arrived - can't wait to go further than the demo let me go! But I still got the Super Mario All-Stars Celebration Event, so I'm gonna try to fit Super Mario Bros. 3 in my weekend. First time completely playing through the All-Stars version!

Hoping to plan a hang out with friends this weekend, but haven’t heard back. Last weekend’s came together last minute so hopefully this one will too haha.

I do have a ton of games to play including my high priority games. In Trails Into Reverie I just finished the first stratum of the True Reverie Corridor and should be working towards clearing Act 2 tonight. I need to play Rain Code still and I just got Pikmin 4 in the mail which I might start after I finish this post.

100% this weekend I’ll be playing F-Zero GP Legend to write a post in the new Retro Games ST. If any of y’all are playing some old games this weekend, hop on in and share some thoughts as you play to get discussion going :)

Quick update: Friend successfully picked up the Pyra + Mythra Amiibo 2-Pack. 🥳

I booted up Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and let me tell you, friends, I’m now convinced I’ve never played this game in my life. 🤦‍♀️

Just beat Dark Souls 2, at least the main game. I know the game is divisive and I'm firmly on the side of the haters. Honestly couldn't wait to be done with it by the end and even though I hear the DLCs are much better, the main game has just killed any enthusiasm I had for doing anything more, so going to leave those. Maybe one day I'll go back to do them.

With that done, going to start Final Fantasy Origin (PS5) and play some more DQ Treasures (Steam Deck).

I couldnt help my self so I drove and bought Pikmin 4 at a local store since my online purchase hadnt arrived. And what a fun game it was, so that's where the bulk of my videogaming will be this weekend. I am however going to visit a friend where we're going to be playing some boardgames to.

Expecting us to play either Lords of Waterdeep, Powergrid

I was thinking of getting Pikmin 4 this weekend, but I have too many games on the go at once

Breath of Fire 2
Diablo 4
Tears of the Kingdom
Mega Man and Bass
Tales of Phantasia
Wild ARMS 4
Xenoblade Future Redeemed
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line FCs
Gal Guardians: Demon Purge
Bravely Default
Final Fantasy 6

plus a few others I can't think of cause I'm at work. A few hours into each of these and I really need to focus on 1 before I start up 4 more lol.

Here I was thinking to myself I had too many games going at the same time:

Death's Door
Diablo IV
Tears of the Kingdom (story beaten.. but certainly not done with the game)
Trinity Trigger
Ghost Trick
Pikmin 4

And you just.. hold my games plz :D
Best of luck, that's a whole bunch of long games..

Finally starting Octopath Traveler II, and also finishing up the Halo Infinite campaign. (I'm fairly new to the Halo series, but I've really enjoyed diving into the lore!)

Still working my way through Tears of the Kingdom, I have got Pikmin 4 but I don’t know if I want to wait and start that once I wrap up my Zelda play through

More P5. Between Baldurs Gate 3 releasing at the end of the month and Armored Core coming out shortly after I don't think I'll actually finish it before like October lol.

Finally starting Octopath Traveler II, and also finishing up the Halo Infinite campaign. (I'm fairly new to the Halo series, but I've really enjoyed diving into the lore!)
I really want to play through Halo Infinite, but the last game in the series I played was Reach. I feel like I’d have to play 4 and 5 first. And it’s been so long since I’ve played any Halo game, I’d want to just start from the beginning and replay CE, 2, 3, ODST, and Reach again. And that’s an overwhelming thought! lol

I really liked the demo so I have started Pikmin 4. At the same time, I am playing Danganronpa 2 (I played the first one some years ago and didn't really like much, but this one seems to be better).

I still have Ghost Trick on hold after starting the demo, I hope next month on my vacation I will have more time for it...

I am enjoying the HELL out of Final Fantasy V (Pixel Remaster, Switch). First playthrough. I love the tone, I love the four heroes, I LOVE the job system. It’s addicting

I also love the OST. I don’t really see it brought up much compared to other games in the series, but it’s amazing! I am playing with the remastered one, so maybe it was just a big improvement there

But yeah, highly recommend to classic JRPG fans. I feel stupid for writing it off when first getting into the series because of “less story focus” (which is also kinda weird? The game has some pretty great moments. I guess I just expected nothing in that department)

I think I’ll come away vastly preferring it to IV for sure. It’s probably going to rank pretty highly in my series ranking.

Last edited:
I managed to get a copy of Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories for Wii (yay!), sadly my Wiimote died (boo!), so I had to get a new one. Can't wait to play it though, aside from Again on DS, this is the final Cing game I haven't played yet.

Still playing Final Fantasy XVI, doing every single side quest and there's a lot, so doing all that and then will be hitting the end game. Maybe I'll have it finished before the next Weekend thread, then again, maybe not lol, I'm taking my time with it since I'm enjoying it so much.

Also been playing Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade (via Switch Online) - up to Chapter 12 now, I finished Lyn's path, now on to Hector's path. Kinda funny that so much of Lyn's story is basically tutorials and the game is so easy at this point, I'm guessing this might be where things get more difficult(?) It has been a very long time since I last played a GBA era FE game (Sacred Stones was my first FE way back when) but man, this game is very easy. It's great for anybody's first SRPG but for me who's played a lot of them, I'm getting through every battle fast. Still, the sprite work is amazing as ever.

Back
Top Bottom