• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |7/14-7/16|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday, Fami! I hope everyone had a great week. Welcome to our weekly “whatcha playing?” hangout thread, where you can tell everyone what games you’re planning on playing with your well-earned days off. You know how this works by now, so have at it!

I’ll be pretty busy this weekend, but I’ll be getting in as much time with Final Fantasy XVI as I can. I’m nearing the twenty hour mark and it feels like there’s a long way to go. I also just started West of Loathing on the Switch. So far it seems like it’s gonna be a good time.

Happy weekend, everyone!

I'll be playing Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes and Octopath Traveler II, two games whose playtime was interrupted by other releases, Xenoblade 3 and Tears of the Kingdom, respectively. I'll also be playing The Great Ace Attorney at my medical appointment today, that's if I don't fall asleep like I usually do.

An excellent question. I've got Oxenfree 2, so I could start that, and I'm enjoying being back into Salmon Run on Splatoon 3 right now so that's the other option I'm considering. I'll be seeing a friend tonight to play the Wave 5 Mario Kart tracks, too.

Last edited:
I got stuck in a platforming section in Alundra. It’s approaching sunk cost fallacy at this point. I may pivot to another game.

My McDonald’s Chicken Nugget Tetris game should be delivered today. I know that sounds like a brand new sentence. I may tool around with my new ridiculous toy.

Got a lot of things going on so gaming-side it's been slow-going. Got sucked back into Mario Kart 8 because of the new wave of DLC. I'm also planning to get back to Live A Live and Great Ace Attorney 2.

I should also probably buy a few games for my overseas trip. Might nab Diablo or Need for Speed.

Ten weeks of Tears of the Kingdom- about 65 hours in and I've completed one of the four major village quests. There's so much to find and fight! 😂 I'll be diving above and below the clouds, soaring freely, trying to save the Princess.

bryan-heemskerk-tearsofthekingdomzelda5.gif

Exoprimal is finally out! Might lose hours to that game haha.
Final Fantasy 16, I'm at the halfway point I think.
Splatoon 3 cause Splatfest 🍓🍦

Since some idiot stole my copy of Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope in transit and I can't get a replacement copy I am playing TotK again, some Mario Kart dlc and maybe some NSO games. Can't start anything big before Pikmin 4 next week.

New save file on Tears of the Kingdom and FFVI Pixel Remaster.
And maybe Oxenfree/Oxenfree II as well.

I think I am going to try B3313 latest version. I tried a prior version last year and it was a surreal romhack for sure.

Indigo chapter 2 demo also seems fun to try

I don't know if it's appropiate to talk about this kind of romhacks here. I am very sorry if this is the case.

I've been replaying A Monster's Expedition after getting the true ending of Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon. Might start something new, but I'm still in the post-TotK blues. To be honest, I even thought about returning to TotK for some side quests or cave/well search.

Good question. Finished my second FEWTH route and I’m not ready for a third so I’m trying to decide what action game to focus on(maybe ace combat 7 or DMC3SE). Started cosmic star heroine and wanna wrap up the grim grimoire once more demo. Don’t have an evening game but considering ai Somnium files. And of course need to get back to FFVIII or Ryza

Still busy with Tears of the Kingdom and I think it's going to be a while until I wrap it up, though I've finished the main quest and I'm currently going through the extra stuff and try to wrap things up the best I can before heading to the finale.

The Triangle Strategy campaign carries on unabated. I am continuing to very much enjoy watching a bunch of trilateral moving and shaking, then employing some stratagem that dishes out the hurt better than a pointy isosceles triangle. Ouch!

I’m also playing the DLC for Bonfire Peaks, called Forgotten Memories. I have shilled this game before on here, and am about to again. If you love — not like, love — you a puzzle game, make a little time for this one. If you liked The Witness, Stephen’s Sausage Roll, Baba Is You et al, this is the game for you. I like it better than all of those! This first DLC adds a layer of verticality to the base puzzling that is uhhhhh fucking nuts? Even more than the base game it gives me a massive appreciation for how delicate the balance of game design is, and how one alteration to the mechanics unlocks a ton of possibility. I can’t tell you how many times I laugh when I solve a puzzle in this game. Not like ha-ha laughing; it’s the sort of 50% laugh 50% groan, a real you little fucker sort of laugh. I wish I was as smart as the dude who made this game.

Continuing with Final Fantasy XVI, the boss fight last night was absolutely insane in the best way possible.

And returning to Rain Code after spending all my gaming time with FFXVI (since the game is much longer than I thought it would be lol). Was just beginning Chapter 1 last time I played it, looking forward to diving in tonight.

I also got a copy of House of the Dead Remake for Switch since it was on the Amazon Prime sale so will play through that tonight, wonder if I can remember the game well enough to do a 1 credit run..hope HOTD2 Remake is still happening!

I've beat Bloodborne (and the DLC), the only main thing left I guess is Chalice Dungeons, but I'm not super enamoured with them and struggling with the Abhorrent Beast so probably just going to leave that, at least for now.

Weirdly, usually after this I want to play a different genre but I still kinda want Soulsborne, so I'm continuing my odyssey through the Fromsoft back catalogue with Dark Souls 2 (Scholar of the First Sin). Playing a Mage build and just beat the Last Giant.

I'm also finally giving Kingdom Hearts a go since I got the whole collection cheap a while back, and naturally I'm starting with 1. Not particularly impressed so far but could just be a really slow start.

I'm in mid-July in Persona 5 Royal. I've caught up to the present!

word on the street is 7/17 is the release of Loveland, a spooky PC game I've been eyeing up for quite a while. It's not the weekend, but with Monday off, i have my eyes set to ingest frogshine, immerse myself in a confusing world to which I've had but only questions for these past months, and above all, vibe! Spooky stuffs like, my jam!
In a more tangible way? This is the last 5 days for Wild Rift Ranked so I'll likely be grinding that. Soul Calibur 2 on the retroid is keeping me pretty entertained lately too! And I miiiiight just pick up an SSD for my PS5 and start up Soul Hackers 2 if I get the time...
Too many video games, never enough time.

I picked up some DS games from a retro game store among which Professor Layton and the Last Spectre. I played The Curious Village 2 years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit, so I'm looking forward to diving into this one!

I’ve been in a bit of a gaming funk over the last 6-7 months or so and I haven’t really been able to stick with anything to the finish line. I have found myself dabbling in my backlog but bouncing all over the place trying to get through just. One. Game.

This weekend I’m going to try to make progress in a handful of games and hopefully this will be the weekend where something sticks and I can see it to the finish line.

The games in my line up are:
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Mario + Luigi Partners in Time
Grandia 2 HD
Riviera the Promised Land
Harvestella
Super Robot Wars 30
Summon Night Swordcraft Story
Wild Arms Alter Code F
Bravely Default 2

So…Fingers crossed one of those will finally break through for me.

Well, with the Super Mario All-Stars Celebration Event on Famiboards, I got plenty of Mario to play. I did Mario 1 today, and I'll see if I can start Lost Levels at some point. That one will be a tough cookie. Beyond that, maybe more Picross S8? Or Tears of the Kingdom?

Last weekend trying to get FamiWorld habitable for land creatures in SimEarth. As much as it's been fun to dive back into a Windows 3.x/95 era game, I feel like that itch has been scratched and it's time to move back to my regularly scheduled programming. So probably getting back to Live A Live or TotK or finishing the Pikmin 4 demo.

Also meeting with friends likely for board games since this weekend is looking like a possible washout here again.

I’m at the point of no return in Final Fantasy XVI so I’m only playing that until I finish all of the final side quests and roll credits. Hoping for a spectacular ending. After that I’m all in on Trails Into Reverie and will hopefully for reals start Rain Code. My other weekend plans fell through so there should be plenty of time for awesome games.

This is going to be an odd weekend, fam

First of all, i want some more badges so i'm tackling the Super Marios Bros series again.

Second, i've spend the last month watching random MK11 story videos, so i downloaded Mortal Kombat XL and i'm playing through it before getting into MK11

And third, Pikmin 3 Deluxe. I'm not going to be able to afford Pikmin 4 in a couple of months at least, so i'll scratch the itch by continuing my Pikmin 3 replay.

I played and finished For a Vast Future today, an excellent Game Boy styled jrpg that'll take maybe 10 hours to finish.

Now I'm tackling UnderDungeon from my backlog.

Going to finish up the story mode on Sonic Origins Plus and after that I’ll focus on Tears of the Kingdom as I would like to wrap that up this month and then move onto another big game next month.

Playing Ghosts of Tsushima legends with my brother, had a great time. But its real short and they put the story finale past a late game grind 4 player only mode for some reason. I don't think we are going to get to that. Thankfully we are sharing it cheap/free on PSplus. I don't love the digital future, but I do like the current competitively priced subscriptions.

Weekend report. My group of happy Monster Hunters finally got together for a couple of Sunbreak games again! And damn, we are bad.

After not Monster Hunting for so long, we are so so so rusty. Sure, we were getting back our muscle memories as we play. But in the end, Flaming Espinas still kicked our arse hard. Sigh.

We'll get ya next time!

I'm addicted to Overwatch for the first time since early 1 after having friends to play it with :( I know, my gaming elitism card is revoked! I can no longer be critical of other games 🥹

I also want to finish Tears of the Kingdom this weekend but I don't know ... I kind of lost steam after taking a 3 week break. Look what Square Enix and Pikmin did to me!

Mostly played Risk of Rain 2, also started Shantae and the Seven Sirens.

Risk of Rain 2 might be my favourite Roguelike ever.

This weekend I played a grand total of… zero minutes of video games. I barely ever get any time to myself anymore and it’s depressing.

This weekend I played a grand total of… zero minutes of video games. I barely ever get any time to myself anymore and it’s depressing.
Sympathy Yeah!

I definitely start to get out of sorts when I haven't touched a game in a while. It sucks :(

word on the street is 7/17 is the release of Loveland, a spooky PC game I've been eyeing up for quite a while. It's not the weekend, but with Monday off, i have my eyes set to ingest frogshine, immerse myself in a confusing world to which I've had but only questions for these past months, and above all, vibe! Spooky stuffs like, my jam!
In a more tangible way? This is the last 5 days for Wild Rift Ranked so I'll likely be grinding that. Soul Calibur 2 on the retroid is keeping me pretty entertained lately too! And I miiiiight just pick up an SSD for my PS5 and start up Soul Hackers 2 if I get the time...
Too many video games, never enough time.
there was no loveland the frogs are lonely

Back
Top Bottom