• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |6/28-6/30|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
We made it! It’s been a grueling week, for me personally at least, but we’ve finally reached the end. We’re looking at two solid days of R&R, and I for one could not be happier. Welcome to the weekend thread, pals!

——————

My main gaming goal this weekend will be to finish Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3. I’m in world four, with maybe fifteen stages to go until I hit the credits. I like it okay so far, but it’s kind of a slow game. Wario could use some coffee or something.

I might get back to Vice City and try to make more progress towards wrapping that up. I’m reluctant to play it because I’ve reached the part where you need to do the missions for all the business, which seems grindy and boring. But I want to push through. I’ll get there eventually.

Apart from those two, I’m sure there will be a few more retro games that I’ll pick up. Whatever strikes me, I guess!

——————

That’s it, folks! Happy weekend!

Hopefully more of FFVII Peakbirth

giphy.gif

I've been making a lot of progress this last week due to working from home, reached chapter 11 a few minutes ago.

I'm back home this weekend so I'm going to trying and bang out AC: Valhalla once and for all. According to my PS5, I have 50+ hours of game time already! Crazy.

I will also be playing some Prince of Persia and possibly Four Swords.

• Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble! I've played a small bit this week but can't wait to dive in more.
  • SWOTR! I've gotten into it in the last couple weeks and am having fun going through a Sith character.
  • Palia! As always...
  • Something from GamePass TBD!

I might try to grind out a weapon I'll probably never use in Destiny 2.

But after that, I think it's back to The Thousand-Year Door. Took a break on that game to focus on Destiny 2: The Final Shape but I finished the campaign story and the weekly seasonal story is on pause for the next 3 weeks.

Also been playing Metroid: Zero Mission for the first time. It's been a fun journey so far.

Just got back from a weeks holiday up in the Lake District (UK) and my body is aching :ROFLMAO: doing all those walks and climbs…..I’ve never felt my age more haha. looking forward to a chill weekend of no physical activity other than gaming.

Not actually got any games on the go at the moment so will look to start a new game from the backlog. Whilst at the Lake District we went to locations used when filming the Witcher TV Series so that’s got me in a mood to finally start The Witcher 3 on Steam Deck.

Have a great weekend Fami

Been back into Starfield this week, which has been pretty fun as I've finally gotten to the parts of the main story that are more interesting. I need a better spaceship though so I'm going to get more experience and money while doing the UC Vanguard/Crimson Fleet faction quest line. I'll just roll into this during the weekend.

And of course more Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble. Just got to World 9 and it's been a blast.

I'll probably finish the last led of the Apollo Justice trilogy.

If I do finish Spirit of Justice, maybe I'll also start Beyond Good & Evil. Can't wait to revisit that world.

Bought Monkey Ball, might play a bit of that. Also bought Abiotic Factor, and turns out Half-Life 1 but survival crafting is something a big Half-Life 1 fan would enjoy. Who knew!

also more Fortnite/Dead by Daylight/Halo/TTYD

🌃 I'll be playing some metroid dread and I'll l,qy a bit of Another Code recollection and the kids and kitty (kitty is a middle) will keep playing Paper Mario

Dave the Diver and Sonic Origins.

The load times for Dave the Diver are horrendous, though. I really wonder if I should just wait to play it when I get a PS5 (Pro).

The Thousand-Year Door.

Beat the og a few weeks ago and loved it. Didn't want to go back-to-back RPGs, so I sprinkled in a little Perfect Dark action over the last ~week (still an amazing game btw).

Really enjoying everything about TTYD so far. Not terribly far in (think I'm close to the end of chapter 2), but the game has a hell of a lot going for it. Glad I decided to pick it up (I was vacillating initially, and the Vivian stuff just sorta pushed me to purchase).

Dave the Diver and Sonic Origins.

The load times for Dave the Diver are horrendous, though. I really wonder if I should just wait to play it when I get a PS5 (Pro).
Yeeaaahh, I remember thinking the demo was a little rough. Was hoping they'd have patched it since... I'd totally buy it otherwise (and the Godzilla stuff certainly sweetens the deal).

Still fusing my way up in SMT5 Vengeance. The game has a Pokémon third version feel to it, many locations are altered somewhat. And tons of new monsters to fuse!

Other than that, I'm halfway thru in Luigi's Mansion 2. Beautifully crafted game but sucky combat is really showing its age. It was interesting in 2002, today it feels old.

I also bought quite a few games this week. I want to get into them but SMT5V is gonna keep me busy for a looong time:
Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble
Spy X Anya Operation Memories
Tchia (can someone change its icon please???)
Tsukihime
#BLUD
Frogun Encore
Beyond Good & Evil 20th anniversary

Smash Bros. Ultimate. I never really got that into it before even though I’ve owned it since it came out. I played online for an hour this morning and got my butt kicked repeatedly. It was relatively free of lag though, which was nice. Will play more later today.

I'm on Master Key, which I want to love, and frequently do love, because the level and world design is absolutely brilliant. But I've just encountered yet another crash, which happened as I was close to beating the fifth major boss on my third attempt, so that really sucks. Combine it with continual minor control glitches and, if you'll pardon the pun, it really bugs me.

I get it's the work of one person, but the crashes especially are harming the experience.

I'm on Master Key, which I want to love, and frequently do love, because the level and world design is absolutely brilliant. But I've just encountered yet another crash, which happened as I was close to beating the fifth major boss on my third attempt, so that really sucks. Combine it with continual minor control glitches and, if you'll pardon the pun, it really bugs me.

I get it's the work of one person, but the crashes especially are harming the experience.
Always air your videogame grievances, friends. I just beat the boss without the game crashing.

Edit - I was grumbling, so here's something I love about Master Key. I've just finished the fifth major dungeon, which represents a milestone in that I've collected the five keys I apparently needed to collect. The game has no text, so I've no idea what's next or how to progress the main narrative.

But I don't mind. If anything, I'm happy! I know the improved toolset I have means there's plenty of things for me to start doing, even if they're secondary, optional things; continuing to explore is rewarding and fun and getting better all the time. Great stuff.

Last edited:
Similar to last weekend, Star Wars Hunters and Splatoon 3. Though I added in Cozy Grove on my Steam Deck, which I plan to be checking in on daily as it's just got lovely relaxing vibes I really need right now. No new releases for a few weeks until Bo and Nintendo World Championships so mostly playing this type of stuff, quick hit online stuff or games I find for a big discount.

How are you enjoying Dream Team? I’ve been thinking about revisiting it one day but I’m dreading it a little bit.
I like it so far (it's been sitting in my backlog for over a decade and I decided to finally break it out) but it is definitely bogged down by constant interruptions and text. To be honest, this was an issue with each successive M&L game, so it's not too surprising it came to a head with Dream Team. It doesn't help that the actual game loads slowly, actually loading things like saves and battles takes longer than ideal. On the plus side, the visuals are gorgeous and the battle system introduces a bunch of fun new mechanics (like the "run away from the boss" action commands). I honestly think it would benefit a lot from a remaster that loads things quicker and cuts down on the text.

Mostly the new Monkey Ball. Beat the story mode, which means now the real game begins (EX levels)

Also might fuck around and try Metroid 2. I wrapped up Zero Mission this week but still kinda have the Metroid itch

.....Actually I may finally finish Crysis Remastered on the Switch so I may just play that tonight until the credits rolled.

It's been in my backlog for a while lol but I've been touch and go playing it throughout the year. Kinda weird FPS tbh.

I will likely wrap up Metroid Prime 2. It is my second time playing it, and while I like it more than I did the first time, some of my complaints still stand. Regardless of those, it's still a great game. Hopefully it comes to switch sometime soon so more people can try it out.

Besides that, I'll continue with Pokemon Soul Silver. It's crazy how I'm discovering new things about this game even after so many years. It's probably my favorite Pokemon remake, and possibly my overall favorite Pokemon game.

I won't be trying anything new since next week, I will exclusively focus on Trails Through Daybreak. Only one more weekend without it!

Currently playing The Callisto Protocol

First hour and a half is mostly “gee, it really is Dead Space with angry Josh Duhamel” but it isn’t as bad as I’ve read upon it.

It goes ham on body stomping and melee combat. Story is serviceable. Curious to see the rest.

I have just beaten the Callisto Protocol, which I thought was very good despite the mixed reviews.

My next game I’m trying to decide between TMNT Shredder’s revenge or Streets of Rage 4

And play some classic Mario party.

Feels good to enjoy some games lately.

I have just beaten the Callisto Protocol, which I thought was very good despite the mixed reviews.

My next game I’m trying to decide between TMNT Shredder’s revenge or Streets of Rage 4

And play some classic Mario party.

Feels good to enjoy some games lately.
Shredder’s Revenge is so good

Have you played Turtles in Time?

It sure is! And so is the Genesis “version” of Turtles in Time, called Hyperstone Heist. Plus, the original arcade version of Turtles in Time, the NES games, GB games, and a ton more. It’s great.
I’ll keep an eye out for it, thanks. I saw Shredders on ps plus the other day so I downloaded it so you basically convinced me to try it next.

Since Luigi's Mansion 2 isn't coming until Monday....I guess random games. I wished I remembered Beyond Good and Evil came out this soon I'd have spent the money there instead. Oh well.

Have a busy-ish weekend ahead between stuff to do, swimming, and SGDQ starting so I won’t have too much time for games. I don’t want to get invested in anything too big since Trails Through Daybreak comes out next week which I’ll likely be spending about 100 hours on. Currently enjoying Magia Record Scene 0 and chipping away at my PS3/Vita backlog. I finished Film 4 the other day in Scene 0 which was definitely my favorite so far and I’m almost halfway through Film 5. The Films get increasingly shorter until the big final ones so hopefully I’ll knock out a few this weekend. As for my PS3/Vita backlog, I’m still kind of bouncing around, so I’ll save talking about that for the Weekend Report again.

Gonna be busy tomorrow with a board game day and I'm not sure what I'm doing Sunday. But I'm going to get some time in with Get in the Car, Loser! tonight. The mechanics finally opened up now that I'm in chapter 2 proper and it is tickling my JRPG sensibilities something fierce.

Chill weekend here. Probably going to be playing the usual stuff, although I did snag Lego Bricktales on sale as something chill to play until later in the month.

Horizon: Forbidden West for me. I might be able to beat the main game this weekend and start the DLC!

Finally beat bravely Default 2 this afternoon after more than a year slowly playing it now that that's done I'm currently playing these games this weekend

Mario RPG
Doom Eternal
Diablo 4
Eulyden Chronicles

I'll probably finish the last led of the Apollo Justice trilogy.

If I do finish Spirit of Justice, maybe I'll also start Beyond Good & Evil. Can't wait to revisit that world.
man i really need to get back into my ace attorney trilogy, its just hard remembering what the trail was when you drop off for so long

Gonna take it easy but I just got my hands on TTYD! So I think I'll start the game so that I can finally join the discourse.

I've always enjoyed the Mario and Luigi games (though Paper Jam didn't charm me. Might have soured my opinion on Paper Mario even)
I'm hoping that, with all the good things I've heard about TTYD, this game can change my mind about Paper Mario.

Back
Top Bottom