• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |6/14-6/16|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey all, it’s the weekend thread. You know what the deal is. Tell us what you’re gonna be playing this weekend!

——————

I… have no gaming plans! My time continues to be extremely limited, so if I play anything, it’ll be in real short bursts. But that’s okay, because all my time is going towards being with my kids. And I like them, so that’s good.

——————

I can’t wait to see what you’re all playing. And happy Father’s Day in the U.S. to all the fami dads out there.

Happy Father's Day all you fellow dads. Girl dad myself to a 2- and 1/2-year-old girl and it's the best game I've ever played in my life ;)

I'd love to finish TTYD. I'm about halfway through chapter 7. I want to do the trial pit thing and then finish.

Switch - Fashion Dreamer
Steam Deck - Monster Hunter Stories
Xbox - Diablo IV
PS5 - Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance

EDF World Brothers 2 all the weekend baby

Feel the power of the bratwurst you bastard aliens

6yajQrJ.gif

Warriors Orochi 4 U, nearing the end of the story! Need to decide on a rpg to focus on. Oh and May resume Kamiwaza, it's on my to clear list this year(just wish I could get some tips)
EDF World Brothers 2 all the weekend baby

Feel the power of the bratwurst you bastard aliens

6yajQrJ.gif
Wait what this came out and in the west?!?! How’d I miss that. I think I can wait for two things tho: a bigger sale, and for me to finish the first one. Tho I was having some issues with leveling for the end game, any tips?

That and I may revisit some Star fox this weekend

Wait what this came out and in the west?!?! How’d I miss that. I think I can wait for two things tho: a bigger sale, and for me to finish the first one. Tho I was having some issues with leveling for the end game, any tips?

That and I may revisit some Star fox this weekend
It's the asian version, had some credit unused in my HK account so just decided to go for it instead of waiting till september since it already has english. I never finished the first one because I started to play other things and just forgot about it, but so far the progression has been more friendly in 2

Happy Fathers Day to the dads, hope you get some much deserved afternoon nap time hahaha

I'm literally buried under work this week, so for me I'm either Helldiving and trying out the new Helldivers 2 patch, or continuing the hyper-violent intrigue of Armored Core VI.

Still plugging away at Paper Mario Thousand Year Door on Switch, little ways into Chapter 7 at the moment, hoping to wrap it up within the next week.

Also started playing Sea of Thieves on Steam Deck and really liking that, started in Safer Seas mode so I can explore the world and stuff. I’ll likely move into the online side once I’m a bit more sure of what I’m doing.

Have a great weekend Fami.

Probably just Star Wars Hunters and have a few more demoes I'd like to check out from Steam Next Fest. Fairly busy with the wife and kids plans this weekend so won't have a TON of gaming time.

Hopefully finishing Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door and then I might go and try to do some of the challenge stages in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Finishing up a playthrough of Ocarina of Time and probably more Street Fighter. Really want to play SMT V but I'm waiting till after I'm done with Elden Ring's DLC.

I think I missed posting on this thread for the past few weeks...

Anyway, I recently finished Shining Force II, so now my NSO attention goes to Metroid II on GB NSO. I'm also still playing through Pokémon Black 2, which I had kinda dropped in favor of Shining Force lately.

Probably wrap up the story in Paper Mario TTYD and maybe do some side-quest/collectible clean-up

And then on Steam Deck I started Hyper Light Drifter, so I'm hoping to put more time into that

Don't have any Switch game to go through this weekend so it's gonna be me and FF7 Rebirth on PS Portal. I could check out Jujutsu Kaisen DLC on Switch though.

I might play some Paper Mario tonight but I am currently playing some Yu-Gi-Oh Nightmare Troubadour since I'm tired of waiting for Konami to finally release the Yu-Gi-Oh collection they promised this year for Switch.

I'm taking the family on a road trip this weekend, so it's unlikely I'll play anything other than Wordle.

We'll take the Switch along to occupy the older kid, though, who'll likely play Pikmin 4 and Gnosia.

I’ve been playing Monster Hunter World Iceborne on PC but I’m getting major burnout. I’m constantly losing to things and my hunts all take half an hour even when using fairly good armor sets. I just spent like an hour doing the Witcher quest only to die and lose all my progress. Now I’m frustrated and don’t know what to play instead.

I just finished Fire Emblem Blazing Blade about an hour ago, so that's one accomplishment already!

I've also gotten back into an old save file of Pokemon Soul Silver. My team is struggling with the 8th gym because we don't have many type advantages. I don't mind it though, since it makes Pokemon a bit challenging for once.

Some more things happening: I dug out my Wii and plan to play some things on it. I found Animal Crossing: City Folk for really cheap, so I will try a little bit of that. Also, I finally tracked down a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for a not-ridiculous price. Since I played Metroid Prime Remastered last year, I will jump straight into Metroid Prime 2. I'm excited to see how well it works with motion controls!

Lastly, I might fit in a bit of Final Fantasy XVI. I hit sort of a good stopping point when I last played it, so it might stay on hold for a little while.

I’ll be working on my PS3 and Vita backlogs this weekend. Will be bouncing around to an extent so I’ll probably share what I played in a weekend report post. Otherwise I did start Scene 0 in the Magia Record fan translation. Super early in, so no real impressions beyond I’m intrigued.

I'm visiting family so it's break time from Destiny 2 and all Switch this weekend. I played some Paper Mario: TTYD and Final Fantasy IV at my doctors today. So I'll be playing those this weekend as well.

A bunch of Steam Next Fest demos

Oh and Crysis Remastered on the Switch. It's been a mixed bag so far but overall I do mostly enjoy it.

Last edited:
I’m visiting family this weekend so I don’t get more time with Get in the Car, Loser! ☹️ Instead I’ll be starting the Bowser world in Super Mario Bros. Wonder and playing Mario Kart 8 DX with my sibling.

I also brought some board games with me so maybe Parks or Cottage Garden in addition to trying to figure out how Ahoy works on my own.

EDF2 WB operator "you should be careful, dont fight the enemies directly, avoid being surrounded"
Me: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"

I started Tunic. So far it's really nice, but I think the Zelda inspiration is almost crossing the line from inspired to we simply copy it.

rant on Also stop putting corpse runs to games, I will never stop hating Dark Souls that started this useless trend.
rant off

Playing Lost Planet, I remember playing the demo way back then but now I’m checking the full game, it was on a discount
I also wanted to get the second one but it got pulled from Steam due to issues with Games For Windows Live
The third one is also on discount but seems to be made by a different team and has a different vibe so not sure if I’ll like it

I thought I'd start playing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D tonight, except it feels absolutely terrible to play for some reason. I suspect it's partially because the game runs at 30fps, but also because the default controls (using the Circle Pad) removes the ability to run with Y; instead how far you tilt foward determines if you walk or run. It feels less smooth because it is harder to correct jumps as a result. It's also really hard to see obstacles given the lower resolution.

Instead I've moved to the Wii original with a HD texture pack. Although the downside there is I have to map the roll to the shoulder buttons, but I can get used to that. I rarely care about framerate, so this came as a surprise!

Today I've been back on Unicorn Overlord for the first time in a week or so and I'm really gonna have to review unit combinations. Feel like I've lost the feel for the game. It's a busy couple of days tomorrow and Monday, though, so I might not do much gaming til Tuesday now and that will probably be homework for unit combos.

My weekend report - I didn’t get too much gaming in, but it was alright. I checked out both Patapon and Papers Please on Vita. Patapon I only played a little of and I don’t have much of a feel for yet, but I do plan to circle back soon. Papers Please I only played for an hour and I think that was enough for me. I was bit overtired when I played it so that could have been a factor, but I found the touch screen controls a little clumsy. The big thing though is it is pretty draining and dehumanizing and the moment it looked like family member deaths were inevitable for my playthrough my enthusiasm to continue dipped. Neat game though, really glad I checked it out.

I also finished Film 1 in Scene 0 of the Magia Record fan translation. The main character, Mabayu, is growing on me and her situation of being unexpectedly caught in time pausing and unpausing is interesting. Still early on, but already I’m really wondering where her story will ultimately head.

Ended up being pretty RPG-intense.

I was set on playing Octopath 2 a lot, but ended up playing way more Blue Reflection. I also did my semi-annual "Alright, I'm gonna dip my toes into Xenoblade 2 again to see if I enjoy it more now." thing. Still unsuccessful on that front.

Blue Reflection (6 hours now) is starting to wear me down, but Octopath 2 (7 hours now) continues to be fantastic.

I got to play a good bit of Next Fest demos, a really short Neo Geo Pocket Color game, and a good chunk of Vice City. That’s pretty good for me considering how much time I’ve had lately.

I had a fairly successful weekend!

Beat the Bowser world in Mario Bros. Wonder finally and got a credit roll, figured out Ahoy, got some OG Mario Kart in with my sibling, and put about 30 minutes into Get in the Car, Loser last night (and managed to internalize more of the combat system and party management which made me happy).

Probably one of my more productive feeling weekends re: gaming.

I overcame some of the issues with unit combos in Unicorn Overlord and made a little more progress with it, so that's good. Not sure whether to continue with that through the week or get back to Master Key; I've not gamed as much in the last week or so and most of my gaming time went to Splatoon 3.

I did end up beating Cynthia in Shining Pearl. It took a couple of tries and some TM configuring, but I managed to beat here. Now I can finally say that I have beaten at least one game from each Pokemon generation. Gen 4 was the lone hold out.

Also, AC Valhalla progress is going slow.....

Back
Top Bottom