• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |11/3-11/5|

Well, it's done

Cyberpunk 2077 is finished and uninstalled. I spent the first half of yesterday playing Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo 7, not really achieving anything in any of them, took and nap and set up on finishing Cyberpunk.

I chose the The Star ending, and it was a pretty satisfying ending to have. Invading the Arasaka tower and beating Smasher was epic AF, and the conclussion... well, it feels like a fitting ending. I could go back and check the other options but honestly, i don't wanna, i'm satisfied. The game will stay on my PC and i may do some jobs from time time, but it's already out of my PS5, and i've filed it as completed.

As for today, my pick is Pokémon Fire Red, and that's it. I'll hook my NSO SNES controller to the PC and use it on it through the whole day. I have no plans for today aside of that, i ended up saturated yesterday night, so i need something light to decompress.

Based on a thread on Era I impulse bought Little Goody Two Shoes and everything they’re saying about this game feeling like a Japanese only Saturn game feels 100% spot on. It’s a weird mix of life sim/psychological survival horror that somehow totally works. Between this, the art style, the animated scenes that look like they’re straight out of a 90s anime, and the all lesbian romance options it feels this was straight up tailor made to appeal to my interests.

Last edited:
I really want to get a bit more time in Star Ocean 2. I keep trying to make progress with the main plot but I end up just tinkering with the skill system instead.

Chants Of Sennaar

Absolute masterpiece of a game. Basically something between Obra Dinn ans Heaven's Vault. Your goal is to ascend a babel like tower, meet its denizens and translate their languages. The game looks gorgeous, has great music and audio design and an intriguing story so far. But the gameplay is king. Just like Obra Dinn, The Witness or Toki Tori 2 this is a puzzle game where you have to carefully examine the surroundings in order to translate the various languages. And it does it so organically it's insane.
I'm about 5 hours in and I can tell this is already one of my favourite games of all time.

I stayed up extra late playing Death Stranding: Director's Cut . I'm about fifteen hours in. There have been a lot of fun developments in new things you can do and make as the games goes along. Still mostly on this game's wavelength, other than the introduction of Troy Baker's character, who seems like a total cornball.

This weekend, I also introduced my kids to Untitled Goose Game. My son's honking into a glass bottle right now. Good stuff.

Last, my boo picked up Fashion Dreamer so I've looked over her shoulder a couple times and picked out an outfit or two. She's already been sinking a lot of time in it, so it seems like a hit.

1. Slay the Princess. Utterly fantastic indie that I can't recommend enough. Basically like a Lovecraftian Stanley Parable.
2. Fire Emblem Engage. Supposedly only 30 hours to beat, but I've put in 50 hours. It's good, but kinda disappointing after Three Houses was a masterpiece. By now I'm trying to finish up soon so I can finally start Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Lords of the Fallen on PS5. Football Manager 24 advance access on Steam Deck (if it works fine), Talos Principle 2 on Xbox Series X, RE Village on iPhone, and Thirsty Suitors on Switch. Also want to resume Romero's Doomguy book on Kindle.

Quick update: Lords of the Fallen continues to be amazing. Football Manager 2024 worked well, but I think I should play it on iPad instead when I can. Talos 2 is a GOTY worthy game. RE Village crashing got fixed already. Thirsty Suitors is a gem.

Didn't end up reading on Kindle. I think I should pause gaming a day to finish the book. Hope yall had a good weekend.

It's monday over here, wich means that it's time for my sunday recap, and it's not going to be as detailed as you could expect.

When i started gaming yesterday i realized i was feeling saturated. To be fair to myself, i've been gaming pretty intensely lately, doing +4h sessions per day at the end of the day, not counting my post-lunch gaming sessions. All in all, i've been gaming more in the last few weeks that i did in the last couple of years, and on top of it all, the last stretch of Cyberpunk 2077 was really intense, taking the ending a whole 5h only because i wasn't able to beat Adam Smasher without being sniped to death by the reinforcements.

Yep, it's safe to say that Cyberpunk 2077 has burned me out. I'm not made for heavy AAA gaming, even though i really enjoyed the experience.

For starters, i woke up and downloaded Alan Wake Remastered, Control Ultimate Edition and Horizon Zero Dawn to my PS5. First game session was Alan Wake Remastered, but i'm stuck at a checkpoint before the gas station and enemies are relentless, so i ended up rage quitting. I think i'll tackle it again after i detox. No, i didn't bother with Control nor Horizon, Alan Wake made me realize that i was indeed burnt out, and you know what that means, right?

Retro gaming time, Baby!!!

Yes, i know myself well enough to know that when i've gotten burnt out by intensive AAA gaming sessions, i need to fall back to my childhood/teenhood games for detoxing, so for the next few weeks - maybe until after the holidays - i'll be playing retro, retro style games or retro remake games that keep the spirit of the originals. Tears of the Kingdom is going to have to wait a little more.

But what else did i do on sunday?

Well, first of all i booted Pokémon Fire Red on Retroarch and spent an obscene amount of time setting up everything there. Slang shaders don't work properly for some reason and using GLSL shaders means losing performance - not that i need it on PC in the first place, but on my phone it's another story - Also, the SNES controller doesn't have a proper profile and setting it up was a pain. Yes, you guessed it, NOW i'm missing my SN30 pro. Fuck.

Once i finished the set up and made sure to have Syncthing working properly between my phone and my PC, i finally started playing. Don't expect a comprehensive recap this time, but i can tell you this:
  • I didn't remember how to get the Iris ticked to access the whole Sevii archipielago, so i spent an ungodly amount of time ignoring the cave where the gem that Celio wanted was hidden in.
  • In the meantime, shifted my team a little a had to waste some precious move slots on HMs. ChuPika, Raflessio and ElPreparao are back in, and they're more than 10 levels under the rest of the team, so they're going to be the spearheads in the whole post-game until they're up to snuff.
  • The TRash is back. For some reason.
  • Found Moltres, fought Moltres, caught Moltres. I still say they missed the chance of putting the legendary birds on the first, second and third islands
  • Got the Iris ticket, set sail to Fourth island and was received by asshole rival and the always soothing Johto music. Fuck you asshole rival, you can't appreciate quality, i hope you get a 0 IV magikarp from that egg of yours.
  • Turned off the game, as i've had enough for the day since i spent two whole hours going back and forth with the Tri-ticket looking for the gem. I think i hate the boat animation now. No, wait, i actually hate that animation now.
And at night, i grabbed my SNES controller and mindlessly strolled into the SNES app and launched Yoshi's Island, going through W2 in a single sitting. This is going to be one of my pre-xmas games, and most likely will go through it in the next two weeks. If i'm going to play anything else, it will be decided in the upcoming days.

And... that would be it. Wow, in the end it IS a detailed recap, just not in the usual way.

Okay, back to my fanfic. That love story between a young Belnades and his Fernández vampire hunting partner isn't going to write itself.

Was a bit busy like I thought, but I still had an excellent weekend for games! I finished WarioWare Move It which was the Smooth Moves sequel I always wanted and stood well enough as its own thing. I did finish both Arc 2 Chapter 2 of both the Main and Another Story for the Magia Record fan translation which was quite good and had some exciting story developments (all five faction leaders have appeared and Ui got kidnapped!). Finally, I did get to play more Final Fantasy Tactics Advance where I made some good headway. Sadly no Pokemon co-op or F-Zero 99, but hopefully soon for both.

If I have the time, I’d like to try to finish Final Fantasy Tactics Advance before next weekend rolls around, but the game is getting tough!

I played a lot of Spider-Man 2. Probably close to seven or eight hours. And it would have been more too, except that I fell asleep on the couch last night instead of playing games. I’m getting really close to the end of the story now, and I expect to have that and the platinum wrapped up sometime this week. What a great game! I also got to play a little bit of Pokémon Crystal Legacy, although not a ton. I’m now standing in front of Bugsy, so the next time I play I get to see what he’s like when he has three real Pokémon, instead of one real Pokémon plus Kakuna and Metapod.

I recently purchased a New 3DS after missing my original 3DS, which broke around the Switch's launch. It's modded so I will be playing Pokemon: LeafGreen there (first time playing through a mainline Pokemon game) and checking in to my town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf a little bit every day. If I get bored of the 3DS I might chip away at the story mode of Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on Switch.
This is what I actually did this weekend, but I played a lot more Pokemon than I expected. It's not a perfect game (and a lot of aspects have not aged well), but it's kind of addicting and I'm really engaged with it. I'm planning on playing the series in its entirety eventually if I end up enjoying this one enough.

Back
Top Bottom