• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Predictions What will happen first? (DQ Edition)

Which of the following will happen first?

• Dragon Quest III HD2D Releases

Votes: 70 87.5%
  • Dragon Quest X: Offline releases in the West

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nintendo absorbs Armor Project after Sony buys SE

Votes: 6 7.5%

• Total voters
Probably Dragon Quest III, it seems like the kind of thing they aren't going to promote heavily until closer to release.

DQX Offline seems like an easy early 2024 game for SE to drop. DQ12 is far. Sony, hopefully, will not buy SE. That would really hurt Nintendo, so I’m hoping Nintendo buys them first.

I would hazard that the game that has been announced will release before the localization that has not been announced. I would further hazard that the localization that has not been announced is more likely to occur than the corporate consolidation that is naught but a merest whimsy, gleaming like starlight in the eyes of our dearest yet most touched friends and Fami.

I'd be pretty surprised if it isn't DQ3. I wouldn't be shocked if it comes out first half 2024. It's also the only option I'm confident actually happens lol. Hopefully we get DQX offline though.

Hpefully DQ3 HD s

Also still seeing a lot of hopium here for DQX offline, I really like to be wrong but to me it's really something they simply aren't interested in localizing from its conception (DQX). They didn't release an offline version for the west, but rather for their own market and to capitalize on the japanese userbase

DQX Offline seems like an easy early 2024 game for SE to drop. DQ12 is far. Sony, hopefully, will not buy SE. That would really hurt Nintendo, so I’m hoping Nintendo buys them first.
SIE buying SE would hurt SE and lead to a ton of layoffs. And if FF16 is anything to go by, the price wouldn't be worth it

Should have added DQ 12 Trailer to the poll.
I thought about it but I figured it'd be the obvious answer. I imagine we get another Dragon Quest event that gives us the date for DQIII as well as a DQXII trailer.

If Sony bought SE, I think Armor Project would probably just be independent, with Nintendo publishing the majority of their games.

I think DQ12 is a 2025 game. Most likely fall. They could show a snippet of the game at successor reveal show.

DQ3 should come early next year but I also expect Square to show 4-5-6 remade in same style. All 4 games will come out with 6 months intervals.

Sony ain't buying no publisher. They just allocated 2 billion dollars in R&D and game development, they're likely to increase that amount instead. 6 first party titles a year, baby!

DQ3 HD2D releases, and the other two don’t happen at all.

I really wish I’d never see the whole “Sony buys SE” bit again. Do we have numbers for just how much of SE’s revenue is from PlayStation specifically? Does such a move even make sense when Nintendo Switch exists and SE’s AA titles often thrive on it?

There’s far more to SE than FF, and much of it would see far less success on PS5 alone. Even Sony owning FF specifically would be to the detriment of the brand, as FF should be so much more than just expensive mainline games selling 3-5 million.

We might get a trailer for DQ3 this fall (either Direct or TGS) for a March 2024 release (around the time octopath and TS released).

DQ12 at the earliest we might see something summer 2024, like a teaser. But I do think its a 2025 game. Heck I am willing to wager we will see another DQ project announced before we see DQ12 lol.

I don't think SE is going anywhere.

Is "Dragon Age X: Offline localization" actually more than wishful thinking? Caus it seems like a pipe dream... anyway, DQ3 definitely.
the leads of DQX talked about making an offline version to bring to the west prior to DQXO's announcement. there's still a chance, I guess

Definitely DQ III. I'm doubtful of the second option happening and I don't think Sony will ever buy Square Enix, nor do I want them (or Microsoft or any other company) to.

DQM3 gets its next trailer at the Sept Direct/TGS week, Dai’s last trailer there too.

Much like Treasures this week, DQM3 probably comes to PC summer 2024, mid-July.

I imagine for DQ Day 2024, DQ3 HD2D will be fully re-revealed, with 1 and 2 HD2D coming alongside it. All 3 games for $60, I’d imagine that’s why we haven’t seen it in 2 years.

If 16 was Square’s big 2023 game, Rebirth is 2024’s, then DQ12 is probably the 2025 game unless KH4 is 2025 and they swap years with 2025 and 2026.

Of the three things, we only know one of them is going to happen at some point, which is DQ3 HD releasing. I want to play X offline and it seems like a no brainer, so I do hope it comes.

I think it's kind of strange how long it's taken to hear more of 3 HD. Every other HD 2D game has released within about 1 and a half years of the initial unveiling. But in this case, we're at like 2 years without a peep about the game. Hope it comes soon cause I love me some DQIII!

I wish people were still vocal about getting the actual DQX MMO localized, not the consolation prize.
Offline is chibi for a reason, it's not supposed to be a replacement, it's a companion game for DQX players that includes exclusive story content.
The DLC structure and pricing doesn't make sense for ''the only'' DQX release in the west either.

DQIII seems like it’s next, with XII seemingly still a ways off and — sadly — with X Offline seemingly not releasing abroad. Honestly I’m down for whatever; I would drop all other games to play any of the three titles I just mentioned, so bring them on!

I’m a fairly new DQ fan, it would be cool if more of the back catalogue were available on current systems like Final Fantasy is. Put the 3DS version of VII on the Switch!

Hopefully DQIIIHD gets an update before the end of the year. I’m fine with DQXII taking a while longer if it increases the chances of a Switch 2 version.

And I still say that Sony buying Square Enix makes no sense. All their biggest games are already PlayStation exclusive. Once Square sold Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal they stopped being relevant to the Xbox user base.

I wish people were still vocal about getting the actual DQX MMO localized, not the consolation prize.
Offline is chibi for a reason, it's not supposed to be a replacement, it's a companion game for DQX players that includes exclusive story content.
The DLC structure and pricing doesn't make sense for ''the only'' DQX release in the west either.
Yeah. It's also probably the reason why we're not getting the offline version either.

Lots of hopium on this forum, which I get it, years ago they mentioned the possibility of doing an offline version specifically so that the west could play it...
But their recent comments about it once it was announced weren't giving a lot of hope at all.

I imagine for DQ Day 2024, DQ3 HD2D will be fully re-revealed, with 1 and 2 HD2D coming alongside it. All 3 games for $60, I’d imagine that’s why we haven’t seen it in 2 years.
No way they don't release DQ3HD as a single release for $50 or so. They did it for Live a Live of all games, they'll definitely do it for DQ3.

Is "Dragon Age X: Offline localization" actually more than wishful thinking? Caus it seems like a pipe dream... anyway, DQ3 definitely.

The 3DS remakes of DQVII and VIII were announced for the west years later. DQX remains the only unavailable numbered DQ in the west. They've been localizing every DQ release for years now, including minor spin offs like Dai.

It will come.

Last edited:
And here I would like for them to bring to the west the dragon quest heroes 1+2 on switch, but after 6 years I think it's time to let it go.

No way they don't release DQ3HD as a single release for $50 or so. They did it for Live a Live of all games, they'll definitely do it for DQ3.
I don't even think it's going to be $50. It's going to be a full price $60 release.

And I'mma buy it.

As I understand it DQ3HD is having development problems but I still expect it to come out before these other options.

As always, “it’s not coming” until it’s coming. Right now it’s still unclear whether it will get more dlc so I’m not surprised a localization has not been announced. If the game is quietly forgotten by next year and there’s still nothing on the western front I’ll go ahead and give up hope, but I’ve heard the “it’s not coming because square doesn’t care about dq in the west” bit many times before and each time we eventually got the mainline games (even with 3+ years of delay).

Back
Top Bottom