• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What remake will sell more: Super Mario RPG or The Thousand Year Door?

Which will sell more?

• Super Mario RPG Remake

Votes: 142 61.7%
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Remake

Votes: 77 33.5%
  • They will sell exactly the same (to the ten thousandth unit)

Votes: 11 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that really were the case, you would take into account fan reception across the entire series, and not just the game you personally like the most against the entry widely considered the worst.
i like SPM the most personally but yeah I do want a return to the rpg and style of the old games, which what most people want given the crazy positive reaction to TTYD HD's reveal, which will translate to sales imo

i don't know what to say if you're blind to negative reception to the new games. they're all rated lower critically from professionals for one, SS got a tepid reception when I came out followed by criticism when people delved into the actual game, CS's backlash was massive, and TOK got continued mixed reception from original fans upset with the new direction.

uz15xdx3jaoz.jpg
haha I just realized it can be taken that way

I just meant that's the sound inside my brain

i like SPM the most personally but yeah I do want a return to the rpg and style of the old games.

i don't know what to say if you're blind to negative reception to the new games. they're all rated lower critically from professionals for one, CS's backlash was massive, and TOK got continued mixed reception from upset old fans.
Dude, the only one blind here is you if you're itching to turn this into an argument where Fami and Twitter are supposedly extreme opinion ouliers.

For this uncalled-for attack on a game's fanbase, along with your history of problematic behaviour, you're being banned for 10 days. -Derachi, Josh5890, VolcanicDynamo, Irene
It's not a bad game, but it's aggressively average. It'll be forgotten just like the other average Mario spinoffs on Switch (Super Rush, Battle League, Super Mario Party, etc).
Doubt so since the latter are actually forgotten while normal people (A.K.A. not TTYD fans) remember TOK fondly.

Dude, the only one blind here is you if you're itching to turn this into an argument where Fami and Twitter are supposedly extreme opinion ouliers.
well there's more core fans who want the old formula than new, compare the reception online to the reveals of TOK to TTYD HD if you want clear evidence.

i do think this place is a bit of an outlier in terms having hardcore Nintendo fans who adore the new games, most places online don't share the same sentiment.

Last edited:
well there's more core fans who want the old formula than new, compare the reveal reception for TOK to TTYD if you want clear evidence.
Your evidence doesn't say what you think it does. There is no reliably quantifiable element you can point to in that capacity in support of your argument.

So much can change for a game's fortunes between initial reveal and release. A game with a tepid reception on reveal can end up with a positive reception at release, and games with mind-blowing reveals can launch to a wet fart.

Your evidence doesn't say what you think it does. There is no reliably quantifiable element you can point to in that capacity in support of your argument.

So much can change for a game's fortunes between initial reveal and release. A game with a tepid reception on reveal can end up with a positive reception at release, and games with mind-blowing reveals can launch to a wet fart.
there's a lot more positivity around ttyd's reveal than tok's reveal from what I've seen, can read the room. and it's objectively being received way better than color splash's reveal did, the prequel to tok

I'm a Paper Mario fan, but I feel like Super Mario RPG will sell more. Maybe not though, Paper Mario has brand appeal that's endured for so many generations, regardless if the games themselves eventually changed.

This. Thread. Is. Not. About. The. Origami. King.
well I'm defending my points about why I think ttyd will be a sales success and that tangentially relates to tok/the series at large. not trying to talk about that entry in particular, but it's impossible to avoid especially when I'm being continually harped on and nitpicked on every single sentence I write here.

Staff Communication
We are permanently locking this thread, and will be handling the several reports we’ve gotten about people’s conduct in here. Not only has the conversation gone completely off the rails, but folks clearly think they’ve got the freedom to hurl insults at others simply for their tastes in video games. Not only is this intensely unacceptable, it’s disappointing, and frankly it’s embarrassing how often this happens in any thread about the Paper Mario franchise. Going forward, any threads about Paper Mario will be monitored closely and anyone posting in there will be on a short leash.

-Derachi, VolcanicDynamo, Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom