• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What is your most anticipated game releasing 2024 or later?

Most antici[pated game of 2024 or later

• METROID PRIME 4

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • FINAL FANTASY 7 REBIRTH

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • LIKE A DRAGON: INFINITE WEALTH

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • NEXT 3D MARIO

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • ELDER SCROLLS VI

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • GRAND THEFT AUTO VI

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • TEKKEN 8

• NEXT DONKEY KONG

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • OTHER

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • PRINCESS PEACH GAME

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 4

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • DRAGONS DOGMA 2

• SILKSONG

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • DRAGON QUEST XII

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
Its good to see metroid prime 4 as it should be.
New 3d mario is on second place.

Its strange that after the nes, nintendo only released 1 mainline mario game except wii.

Metaphor: Re Fantazio is my most hyped game since Tears of the Kingdom. Atlus is my favorite developer that is not part of nintendo, and I especially love Persona 3,4,5 and Shin Megami Tensei III, so hearing that the director for all those games is directing this is great to hear. I am also really excited for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

Professor Layton and the New World of Steam
Daemon X Machina Titanic Scion
Princess Peach
Penny's Big Breakaway
Front Mission 3
Rune Factory 6
Project Life as a RPG
Project Magia
Armed Fantasia
Penny Blood

Not announced and not rumored either:
New Ratchet and Clank
New Jak and Daxter
New Sly Cooper
New Ape Escape
New... why do I do this to myself...

Games I'm very hyped for:
  • Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (definitely my most anticipated one)
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio (even though I wished this and P3R would release on Switch so it'd be easier to go through these hundreds of hours of gameplay)
  • FF7 Rebirth
  • Dragon Quest XII
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D
  • Kingdom Hearts 4 (but it'll be released in like 2027)
Games I'm interested in:
  • Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink
  • Metroid Prime 4

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth is my number one. Cannot wait to get back to Ichiban and crew again.
3D Mario is my second, third place is tied with FFVII Rebirth and Metaphor: ReFantazio.

Then after that it's:

Metroid Prime 4
Rise of the Ronin
Resident Evil: Code Veronica Remake/RE9
Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake (Delta)
Star Fox Once Again/Star Wolf spin-off game
Vanillaware's new game
Suda51's current top secret game
F-Zero GX Remaster
Metal Gear Rising 2
Silent Hill f
Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II
New Wario Land/Wario Land 3 or 4 Remake (WAHAHAHAHA!)
Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
Penny Blood (Shadow Hearts successor)
Fatal Frame/Project Zero VI/Remake of 1/Remaster of the remaining Fatal Frame games

There's a few, one of which is Dragon Quest XII.

At the moment, it’s probably DQIII 2DHD.

After that, Dragon Quest XII and Professor Layton and the New World of Steam.

Global release of Ys X on Switch too.

Out of all the listed probably Silksong because I'm afraid Prime 4 will be too formulaic. I think Metroidvania as a genre has evolved way too much during Metroid's absense, so the regular grid-based maps with samey power-ups feel boring to me. When other games have insane secrets, NPCs, economies, Metroid just kinda feels bland?
That's part of the reason I don't vibe too much with Prime 1. It's an amazing game, but it's a bit too similar to Super with areas and all the bosses are puzzles, which takes me out of the world

Dragon Quest XII is the one I picked, but if I had to put up some things that are on par with it, it'd be Dragon's Dogma II, Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth (though it'll be years before I play it because I want to go through all the Kiryu games as well), Metaphor Re:Fantazio (HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS SICK AS FUCK WHY WAS I NOT AWARE OF THIS) and Metroid Prime 4.

I want to say Dragon Quest XII because XI S is my favorite game ever but everything Square has said about XII terrifies me so idk, I need to see it first.

In second place it would have been the next 3D Mario but if it’s another Odyssey style game I’m gonna be deflated because I didn’t care much for Odyssey.

And as a Metroid fan I feel like I should have Prime 4 on the list but I played Prime 1 for the first time this year with the remastered version, and even though I liked it I wasn’t blow away at all by it given it’s reputation. I had quite a lot of issues with it. I need to see what Prime 4 looks like before I’m interested.

So right now it’s honestly Monster Hunter 6, which should be announced some time later this year. Loved World and really loved Rise so I’m invested in this series a ton now.

An honorable mention would be Tekken 8, really liked 7.

It's Metroid Prime 4.

I'd mention Silksong alongside it, but I refuse to indirectly admit it isn't coming out in 2023.

Donkey Kong. Just like Pikmin 4, it'll be about a decade since the most recent entry. And just like Pikmin 4, I'm hoping for an incredible game.

Elder Scrolls VI. Skyrim with better graphics on a massive scale with better combat sounds insane to me.

a very closer tie between next 3D Mario and Metroid Prime 4(the wait for the game better be worth or else i gonna curse Nintendo/Retro Studios for releasing a game that is not to my high standard)

Prime 4 followed by Little Nightmares 3. I'm also very curious how the Silent Hill remake will turn out.

Then there's stuff that's quite a ways out like Bioshock 4, Deus Ex, and Control 2.

Won't comment on assumed/unannounced stuff from Nintendo yet.

Out of the poll options LAD Gaiden, Silksong and Prime 4.

Outside of the poll the new Professor Layton and Little Nightmares 3 are pretty high up on my list too.

(Especially Layton, that one is pretty firmly my "I need this to be good" game right now.)

Honestly? Other than the vague hypothetical possibility of a new Donkey Kong game, there's nothing announced for 2024 that seems that quite exciting to me.. :T

A 3D Mario is a close second, but that's could be just with the new Nintendo hardware, which I'm probably not picking up at launch.

Probably the next 3d Mario title for me. They are some of the best games ever made, and I have no reason to doubt the next one will be a certified banger as well.

It's been Metroid Prime 4 since 2017!!! Can't wait to see the game and then play it. MPR made me even more hyped.

Next 3D Mario is up there too, Odyssey was one of the best games I've ever played.

Prime 4 feels overhyped imo, maybe because I was worn out on the formula partway through Prime 3, plus we actually get Metroid Dread. If anything I'm stoked for whatever MercurySteam is cooking up next. But I must say even as a lifelong Metroid fan, if Silksong were to come out anywhere near a new Metroid game of any kind then it would fully take priority.

And maybe I'm odd but I'm still riding the high of the shocking return of Level-5, I never thought I'd see Professor Layton and much less Fantasy Life make a comeback. It was announced for 2023 but I'm getting the feeling FLi isn't gonna make it out til next year, and they should take all the time they need on Layton to make it a strong reboot for the series, especially after the failed Katrielle thing.

I've been so interested in Good-Feel's Mystical Ninja-like ever since they first teased it years ago, so I'm praying Otogi Katsugeki Mameda no Bakeru: Oracle Saitarou no Sainan!! ends up localized. Sure it was held out of the US version of the Direct it was announced in, but hey we eventually got Shin-Chan Summer Vacation and that was the same case. Good-Feel has become so associated with soft and calm fluffy baby games ever since their streak after Epic Yarn, but it must be remembered that they did Wario Land Shake It, a serious platformer which has a brutal final boss that's basically K. Rool crossed with MMX Sigma, and I'd like to hope this will be something of a return to that form.

Dragons Dogma 2, I suppose, but even that, I just have way too many games to play, so I'm not exactly thinking much about it. AC6 now, Starfield soon, Fae Farm, Like a Dragon, Fashion Dreamer, WarioWare, Rune Factory 3 Special, Mario Wonder... and a ton more. just not much reason to look so far ahead, honestly since last year it's just been game after game for me.

Back
Top Bottom