• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club What is your favorite track out of any Xenoblade game?

sanstea

Like Like
Pronouns
He/Him
Been again listening to the XC3 soundtrack a lot recently (it's so good) and I've determined that Shining Asperation - Inherited Melody is one of my favourite VGM tracks ever.

Mitsuda's best track and finally surpassing Corridors of Time for me. A stupendously awesome rollercoaster ride of emotions, an all-timer of a main melody and a final crescendo that after listening to it for the 1000th time still brings a tear to my eye. God damn.

Now, what is yours? You can list more than one track if you truly have too much trouble deciding on only one.

This song is very emotional to me. Very moving, especially the part at 2:00 onward to the Sax solo.

All of Xenoblade 2’s tracks are spectacular, but the Tomorrow With You is the one that really hammers home to me how special the game is. It’s a beautiful emotional piece that serves as a wonderful climax to the recurring motif present throughout the game. Absolutely transcendent piece of music.

All of Xenoblade 2’s tracks are spectacular, but the Tomorrow With You is the one that really hammers home to me how special the game is. It’s a beautiful emotional piece that serves as a wonderful climax to the recurring motif present throughout the game. Absolutely transcendent piece of music.

Yeah this is the first track that popped in my mind reading the thread.

It plays only twice and it's arguably the two best moments in the game.

The Weight of Life from XC3 for me, I think. Somehow manages to beat Counterattack from XC2 (probably because it takes elements from both that and Engage the Enemy while going further than either of those did at the same time); listening to it always gives me goosebumps. It’s just a shame that the song is only ever used in the whole game, like…twice, I believe? Why?!

There is no way I would go with other option but:

I love all Xeno games, but Chronicles has the best music for me.

OP, love you avatar! she has an amazing youtube channel!

Moebius battle Theme! Absolutely stunning.

Takahashi:"Remember Mitsuda-san, it's the first boss battle theme, so nothing special please"
Mitsuda:"OK"

Currently my favorite right now (I have way too many favorite songs from across the games to pick just one tho lol):

I've watched the Chapter 6 scene that this plays at way too many times as well.

There is a lot that contends for the spot of my favorite, but damn there is only one as beautiful as "Torna - Day".

The swells, that sax... and the Lydian mode giving it that dreamlike melancholy...

This is a tough question…this is my favorite song at the moment. Xenoblade X OST is often overlooked, but even worse is the fact that this song is further overlooked due to people favoring the more popular songs from the same soundtrack. It is such a criminally underrated song.

Last edited:
Currently my favorite right now (I have way too many favorite songs from across the games to pick just one tho lol):

I've watched the Chapter 6 scene that this plays at way too many times as well.

I need to not listen to this. I do not need to cry today

I really like the Auresco themes, both day and night, though possibly I like night better.

It makes me feel happy, conjuring up the feeling of the ideal peaceful town I would want to live in. And yet at the same time it's sad, too...

Too many from Xenoblade 2. I should just pick one and post it like a good boy but I seriously can’t pick.

The Tomorrow With You. Elysium in the Dream, The Abandoned City, After Despair and Hope, Goemotti Forest, etc.

It just goes on and on and on.

The three tracks that spring to mind from Xenoblade are A Tragic Decision and Agniratha, both night and day.

I must confess, the Xenoblade 3 soundtrack didn’t leave much of an impression on me. But after giving it some thought, Words That Never Reached You.

I have four favorite tracks, but I find myself returning to this one the most.

Eagus Wilderness Night

I constantly listen to it when I do stuff in my workshop, wish it was longer. Other standouts are both Leftheria tracks, Fort O'Virbus, Immediate Threat, Uraya Day, You Will Know Our Names 1 and 3, Thoughts Enshrined, Erythia Day, Noctilum Day, Sylvalum Night, Weight of Life, Counterattack... and a few others, as well spoilerish ones.

EDIT: Also, huge shout-out to anyone who forms part of the NLA Night enjoyers.

The Weight of Life from XC3 for me, I think. Somehow manages to beat Counterattack from XC2 (probably because it takes elements from both that and Engage the Enemy while going further than either of those did at the same time); listening to it always gives me goosebumps. It’s just a shame that the song is only ever used in the whole game, like…twice, I believe? Why?!
FUCK I WASN’T EVEN THINKING ABOUT XCX WHEN I WROTE THIS.

It’s hard for me to compare that game’s soundtrack to the other Xenoblade games since it’s so different, but I’m also a huge fan of Black Tar and Uncontrollable

Nothing in the Xenoblade franchise will ever be as hype as Codename z from XCX:

It starts off strong with that bass intro, hammers out a hell of a first section with the chorus chanting over those pounding strings, then out of nowhere at the 2 minute mark comes swinging with the mother of all drops that just elevates everything to another plane of existence.

If you listen to the OST, it's track number one. There's a whole games worth of music after this track alone.

Honourable mentions to the Noctilum Day theme, both the Sylvalum themes, the Key We Lost...

Probably this. The end of Chapter 7 is my most rewatched cutscene because how it builds up emotion.

Really hard to choose since they're all GOATed soundtracks, but I think I've gotta go with this one. I stopped dead in my tracks and listened to this whole track when it first played in Xenoblade 3. Incredible.

What I love the most in Xenoblade's music is the gentle, yet somber melodies that completely fit into the scenery. In that sense, Torna marked the first time where I feel like the music touched my heart and fiddled my emotions.
Both Kingdom of Torna and Eagus Wilderness have already been shared, so I will nominate another XC3 track:

It really elevated my experience during the first few hours as I slowly took in the landscape as well as the settings of Aionios.

Absolutely impossible to choose just one.
Maybe Counterattack or The Tomorrow With You? I don’t know……….

It's impossible for me to pick just one lol. I will however post a few that I have yet to see mentioned here:

I really need to play XCX. I'm sure that will add to my long list of favorite Xenoblade tracks.

Jeez this is like choosing my favourite star in the sky, just so many to choose from!
Ultimately, I think I have to go with Walking With You.

1:32 onwards especially just wrecks me. It's so achingly poignant, all the more so in combination with the scene it accompanies.

"Father... why do you not answer when I call. Mother... I missed you."

Alright, I wasn't going to do this but

All the Xenoblade X songs! Sawano one of the great composers:

Immensely difficult decision to make, confrontation with the enemy sticks out to me because the first time that played was when I got hooked on the series. Then there's the decision in xenoblade 2 with the big scene making xenoblade 2 one of my all time greats.

I’ve always loved Drifting Soul, so I was super pumped when I first heard the battle version remix they did for XC3. It never fails to get me hyped no matter how many times I listen to it.

You Will Know Our Names is still my favorite. Gets me hyped every time. Tons of amazing songs in every Xenoblade game.

I’ve always loved Drifting Soul, so I was super pumped when I first heard the battle version remix they did for XC3. It never fails to get me hyped no matter how many times I listen to it.
What I especially love about the XC3 version is
in XC2 it was essentially Nia's Tomorrow With You/One Last You and the XC3 remix shows how far Nia has come and how much happier she is. It's so triumphant.

That scene in Chapter 7 is my second most watched scene in XC2.

Last edited:

The part that starts at 2:50 was what I was gonna post. After hearing that I was so blown away, absolute banger of a boss battle because of that music. Then when I fought another Moebius and that part didn't play, I started freaking out here on famiboards asking people what I had done wrong 😅

There is no way I would go with other option but:

I love all Xeno games, but Chronicles has the best music for me.

OP, love you avatar! she has an amazing youtube channel!

And this woulda been my number 2

Honourable mentions to the Noctilum Day theme, both the Sylvalum themes, the Key We Lost...
Oooooh I was just listening to Sylvalum in the car the other day

Okay so my contribution will be my #1 favorite song to play while driving in the rain:

My honorable mentions would be the ethereal Leftheria and the incredible Gaur Plains.

Last edited:

I actually like this remix a bit more than another remix that you only discover postgame, despite accidentally spoiling myself of its existence without context (fortunately I guess lol)

Love when remixes can make really slower emotional songs into triumphant themes.

What I especially love about the XC3 version is
in XC2 it was essentially Nia's Tomorrow With You/One Last You and the XC3 remix shows how far Nia has come and how much happier she is. It's so triumphant.

That scene in Chapter 7 is my second most watched scene in XC2.

Nailed it! That was my same conclusion.

Kind of off-topic, but we still have no new info on when the XC3 soundtrack release is roughly coming out, right? Has Mitsuda said anything about it?

It needs to be this one. I feel goosebumps whenever I listen to it. And in the second part when there is a break and the electric guitar enters accompanied by violins in a crescendo? SO GOOD!

Honourable mentions to:

And Drifting Soul, and Zanza The Divine, and Counterattack, and Engage The Enemy, and Tantal (Day), and Battle!! Torna, and Battle! (Future Connected), and Gaur Plain (Day), and One Last You, and Beyond The Sky, and…

I can keep going for a while, I love them all!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom