• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club What is your favorite game that you've never (or barely) played?

Plato

Totes yeet, very pog
Pronouns
he/him
We (probably) all have one of these games. The games where you've barely played past the tutorial or watched a Youtube playthrough of at best, yet still talk about how good the game is. Post your favorite of these games here, if you got 'em.

For me it's Bloodborne. I have a copy of the game on my self but I've barely played it, but I have seen at least 2 playthroughs of the game and a few speedruns. It's definitely on my "Play this game before you die" list, but every time it comes up my brain goes through a sequence sort of like this:

"Man, Bloodborne owns, it's so good."
"But you've barely played it."
"It's still really good though."
"Yeah it is."

For me it's Bloodborne.
Same here! And most of the souls games in general. I love a lot of the setting, atmosphere, designs, etc, but the gameplay loop really isn't my jam (+ accessibility issues), so I've watched my friends play through all of them several times while I hog the couch, but of the series Dark Souls 3 is the only one I've played more than an hour or two. Still think they're really rad and recommend them to anyone I get the impression would like them though, and I really liked chatting about the lore and stuff.

I had to think pretty hard about this, but I think my answer is Final Fantasy IX. I only played a few hours of it back when it came out, and never touched it again. But I have such strong nostalgia for those few hours of that game and that time of my life. Thinking of FFIX always gives me such a warm, happy feeling. Iā€™ve always meant to go back and actually play it, and I still intend to. I have the Switch version. But a part of me is afraid that actually playing the game will ruin those good feelings I get from thinking about it.

Daemon x Machina. Great game! I loved it! Fabulous gameplay, nice Mecha design and also the customization of most aspects of your Mecha and avatar are very welcomed... Did I mention that I played a couple of hours and then never ever touched it again?

Well... It is one of my favorite games regardless šŸ™ƒ

Etrian Odyssey 4.

I like the gameplay, so-so on the art, and LOVE the soundtrack. One of my favourite video game soundtracks.
The 3DS just isn't a great console for me, I can't play it for very long without a lot of discomfort.

Final Fantasy V for Super Famicom is one I've only seen a Twitch playthrough of. And that Big Bridge song is such a classic.

Super Mario Maker (1 and 2).

I have both, on Wii U and Switch, barely played them but watched so many videos of so many good levels that I can't help but be amazed that it even exists.

What people managed to do inside of them is nothing short of amazing. I wish so much that Zelda had one (2D would be fine, with styles like the OG, LttP and maybe ALBW).

Dragonball fighter z. Played it for a little bit and itā€™s dope. Just didnā€™t have lasting appeal.

Elder Scrolls Online. I played the story of one of the expansion and I absolutely loved it. I never really went back because of time constraints and MMORPGs.

Back
Top Bottom