• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club What is the first game you think of, when you see this system ? - Part 02

TheSpearGuy

transcended to the gods
1920px-Xbox-Console-Set.png

i mean yeah, it's halo

but since that's boring, the second game i thought of was Fusion Frenzy

I just realized that besides Halo, I literally could not name you a single game that was released on the first Xbox.

Uh...Halo?

...unlike last time, I've never played this system, let alone see one in person. Oops!

Funnily, Halo then FarCry Instincts. I never owned the console myself so I largely remember it for splitscreen multiplayer in these two games.

GTA Vice City.

My brother had an Xbox and that game looked great on there.

Halo. It’s the only game I played on Xbox. I’m not even being hyperbolic there, it literally is the singular game I played on that box. I played the sequel on PC.

Halo is probably the only original Xbox game I could name, I don’t think I ever even saw one. My friends all had PS2s.

Jet Set Radio Future. It came bundled with my console and it was my most played game. Beautiful.

Halo: Combat Evolved. Granted having the redesigned controller makes me want to say Halo 2, but I think CE was the one the popped in my head first.

Actually kinda surprised no one said Halo 2 yet. That was probably a bigger cultural "moment" than the first game and was what prompted a lot of people I know to get into Xbox. It also sold better than the first one I believe, despite the first one being a launch game with long legs. CE also didn't have officially supported online on Xbox (but did on PC) and 2's PC port was Vista exclusive and used GFWL, so I saw people who would play CE on PC and then 2 on Xbox. 2 was also the first ever console game with online multiplayer that got big in a truly mainstream cultural way, and its matchmaking system was extremely influential. CE ultimately has withstood as the more iconic game with time, largely because it's just better received and also came first, but I'd expect at least someone to say Halo 2.

Last edited:
Psychonauts

I think of all those Team Ninja games from when Itagaki had some feud with Sony and thought Nintendo is just for kids*** so he decided to make them all Xbox exclusive - Dead or Alive 3, DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball, and Ninja Gaiden.

*** Not sure if any of this is actually true, but I think I read it somewhere and it sounds possible so I just believe it without doing any research - that's what you're supposed to do, right? /s

As soon as I clicked on the spoiler, Fable crossed my mind. A second or two after, I course corrected myself and thought about Halo: CE.

That was interesting, lol. But yeah, I love that first Fable game.

I never owned one, I only played it at my cousin's place who mainly just played Halo. So there's no other answer but Halo for me, lol.

honest answer: halo

halo is the boring answer tho so my #2 and #3 are

Otogi.png

and

Brute_Force_Coverart.png

Back
Top Bottom