• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club What is the first game you think of, when you see this system ? - Part 01

TheSpearGuy

transcended to the gods
Sony-PSP-1000-Body.png

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Played that game on the commute near constantly for two years. So I must have racked up 500 hours at least.

Not one game but a series: Dept. Heaven (Riviera, Yggdra Union, Gungnir, Knights in the Nightmare). Man, I miss those games :(

Castlevania. I think the game is called Rondo of Blood Chronicles or something. It has the whole Symphony of the Night game hidden as an unlockable bonus.

My PSP was/is confined to emulation mostly, so no real nostalgia for it.

MegaMan X what's it's called remake.

I've never touched a PSP in my life.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

I have never played on a PSP. Or played Freedom Unite.

Dissidia 012. So many hours poured in. Hell, I'd sometimes turn the game on just to listen to the remixed tracks. Love, love, love all THREE Dissidia games to death.

To be perfectly clear I've never actually owned a PSP, I just have a friend who would bring hers when we'd hang out and she'd play Patapon and LocoRoco while we were having coffee.

So technically my friend is the one with good taste.

WipEout
First time I saw the PSP in person (~2005) was in an airport electronics store. It was on display running WipEout.
I approached it to play but the analog nub was broken. This reaffirmed my decision to stick with my trusty (but clunky) OG NDS.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep was the first game that came to mind. Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X is a close second, though.

Back
Top Bottom