• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club What is more durable, the weapons in BOTW or the Joycons on the Switch?

What is more durable, the weapons in BOTW or the Joycons on the Switch?

• Total voters

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
break.jpg

eclipse.jpg

Discuss

Throw any weapon in Breath of the Wild at an enemy and it breaks into dust on contact. Throw a Joy-Con at someone and itโ€™ll at worst retain its mass.

Joy-Con wins. Not a particularly effective weapon though.

The joycons. I know it because a nephew threw one to a wall and it still works. BotW weapons break even with the slightest breath

I had to return 4 hot in for drift repair and my launch neon blue left joycon because of that weird issue where it would de-synch (if people remember that). But since then, I have had no issues. Maybe they have remedied a lot of the issues since then. Weapons break in Zelda way more frequently (I didnโ€™t mind the mechanic because you got to experiment with different things and by then end had OP weapons anyway).

The Joycons are the Master Sword.

Once you pull the Master Sword out of the pedestal, you can use it for a while, but it will lose its power and you won't be able to use it for a while. You can buy the Expansion Pass DLC and complete the Trial of the Sword to make it more effective.

Once you pull the Joycons out of the box, you can use them for a while, but they will start drifting and you'll have to send them to Nintendo, not being able to use them for a while. You can buy the Hall Effect Joystick replacement parts and complete the Trial of Installing them to make them more effective.

Tbh I don't think I've ever actually had the Joycon drift problem. I use a pro controller mostly though. Still, based on my experience I'm going with the BotW weapons.

BotW weapons

try hitting your local Buffs McSwordlord with a Joy-Con several times with intent to kill and tell me how long it lasts

and how long you last, just for fun!

goblesque creeps and wild animals would also suffice

I mean I guess Joycons, technically but at least I can get criticals when BotW weapons break

Iโ€™ve only gotten one pair of joycons broken over 6 years. So joycons have been kind to me.

I am lucky to not have those issues as a switch player.

People complain about the Joy-Con breaking too easily, but it's actually a pretty ingenious mechanic to force you to try other approaches and not stick to a single pair of controllers

Back
Top Bottom