• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion What has been your favourite indie game of the year so far?

Balatro. Little Kitty second, I haven't played enough Hades II to form a proper opinion on it, beyond 'this is Hades of course it's good'

I really liked Curse of Blackmoor for the vibes and Alibi and Ashes because it was so unique with the setup. I did hear the Salem one wasn’t good but I’ll get to it eventually.
Good taste! Blackmoor was a favorite back in the day for me. I played Alibi for the first time last year actually and enjoyed. Itching for a sale on them to replay many of my favorites and the later ones I missed.

Shadow at Waters Edge is great, just played that this year. Deception Island is prob my fave for nostalgic reasons.

Salem is definitely not good lol, but it’s cool to see next to the new one and has a carry over character from Alibi.

For specifically 2024 games? Animal Well is the only one I’ve played, so it wins by default. It’s a quality game at least, so it’s not an unjustified placement.

Really liking what I’ve played of Lorelei so far though, would not be surprised if it overtakes Animal Well.
I’ve played more now and yeah it overtook Animal Well.

Lorelei is GOTY material.

It's a couple years old at this point but I tried Shovel Knight Dig for the first time this year and got completely hooked on it. Took me quite a while to get through the game and I really enjoyed the dynamic and inventive level design, gameplay and characters a ton. I still hope to beat some of the harder challenges in the game but playing it pretty much exclusively February through April meant a break is needed for now. It's so amazing though, I loved it.

Back
Top Bottom