• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club what game's got the biggest crab!?!?!?

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
I’m looking for the biggest crab in video games.
Here are the rules!!!!

1. It has to be a CRAB, NOT a LOBSTER or a CRAWFISH or a MONSTER THAT LOOKS LIKE A CRAB.
  2. It CAN ABSOLUTELY BE A MECHANICAL CRAB/REPRESENTATION OF A CRAB. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A LIVING CRAB.

MY CURRENT THESIS is that the crab in SOTENBORI in YAKUZA is the biggest crab. here is a pic

Yakuza-Kiwami-2-Screenshot-083.jpg

It's a LARGE CRAB. It IS mechanical, but it's a CRAB.

ANYONE WHO SUGGESTS THE CRAB FROM GENJI DAYS OF THE BLADE WILL GET REPORTED AS THAT IS NOT A CRAB, THAT IS A CRAB-SHAPED MONSTER.

lets see da big craabs

Do hermit crabs count? If they do, I am putting forth Nipper from Banjo-Kazooie as a competitor for the crown here.

Edit: Sorry I can't post a picture right now.

Your post is not specific, Where do you draw the line between a crab and a crab shaped monster?
Crab = CRAB. like, if you took a crab, scaled it up? That’s still crab. IF it’s a crab with like, a rocket launcher and a skull on the top, not a crab.

Crab = CRAB. like, if you took a crab, scaled it up? That’s still crab. IF it’s a crab with like, a rocket launcher and a skull on the top, not a crab.
even if the in game lore describes it as a monster,e or if NPCs call it a monster?

(I really dont have an idea for big crabs in games, and am mostly just curious if there are really that many that people can propose with that strict requirements =D )

even if the in game lore describes it as a monster,e or if NPCs call it a monster?

(I really dont have an idea for big crabs in games, and am mostly just curious if there are really that many that people can propose with that strict requirements =D )
It’s purely visual. I’ll put it this way

if a real life human being saw a picture of the creature by itself with nothing else in the picture to indicate size, therefore reasonable to assume it’s standard crab size, would they say “that is a crab” or would they be like “that is a crab-looking thing?” If the latter, not crab.

I want standard crab. no weird crabs!

Off the top of my head, Yamato from Darius II:

There are the crab claws from Blood Money, but you never see what they're attached to so I'm not sure they qualify:

Off the top of my head, Yamato from Darius II:

There are the crab claws from Blood Money, but you never see what they're attached to so I'm not sure they qualify:

Darius II absolutely counts, but I won’t say Blood Money does because I wanna see the whole crab

It's hard to gauge their exact sizes but these two are pretty big. Both at least larger than a one story building, maybe larger than two (or four/five in the case of the Carrier Crab)
fight-crab-carrier-crab.jpg

none of these are the answer to your question but

I like crabmeat from sonic

Crabmeat-sprite.png

this thread led me to this crabmeat toy which I must buy for my desk

41KP+AxqaCL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

and i am excited for this crab game

There’s a mechanical crab in Viewpoint that you have to take down with a space ship, which looks tiny next to said crab, so it must be pretty massive.

sddefault.jpg

Hi! I've been lurking on and off since the days of Direct speculation back at the old place, and after all that time, this is what has finally compelled me to post. Thank you Derachi. Thank you for making this thread. You are doing important work here.

This fella mightn't be the biggest in a purely physical sense, but in terms of cultural impact? There's an argument to be made there:

Not 100% certain if he counts though, as he originates from Japanese history before being adapted as a gaming character. If Smash roster rules apply here he's disqualified for sure

Unfortunately it doesn't qualify, but my favorite giant video game crab(like creature) is the Voidling from Risk of Rain 2

8j7mim2qiwk81.jpg

Hi! I've been lurking on and off since the days of Direct speculation back at the old place, and after all that time, this is what has finally compelled me to post. Thank you Derachi. Thank you for making this thread. You are doing important work here.

This fella mightn't be the biggest in a purely physical sense, but in terms of cultural impact? There's an argument to be made there:

Not 100% certain if he counts though, as he originates from Japanese history before being adapted as a gaming character. If Smash roster rules apply here he's disqualified for sure

The only correct answer.

Love to see so many gamer crabs in one place. Here's my contender: the Red "Crub" from Darius 2. A whole 257.2 feet tall!

Back
Top Bottom