• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What game are you most hyped for right now?

ss_b45521ff0f42ad4c3ac57d0b37fee51364f543c1.1920x1080.jpg

Hello??????

I genuinely forgot I was here to answer a question but that shark...

Anyways, I am hyped to get through some backlog games. I'm skipping Luigi's Mansion and TTYD, so it may be a backlog filled half for 2024 (unless I dive back into FF14 but I'm not touching it for now). I still haven't started 13 Sentinels (even though I've owned it for a year + now) so that'll be good.

Fable

I know, I know, it's been gassed up for years at this point, but two of my favourite games are Fable 2 and Forza Horizon 5

Fable (4?) is in the universe of Fable 2 with the development team of Forza Horizon. We've seen from its trailers that it's keeping a cartoony, dreamy aesthetic and has lots of silly gameplay. It really does look like a next gen Fable and I am EXCITED.

Did you like Forza Horizon 5 more than prior entries?

Did you like Forza Horizon 5 more than prior entries?
Mhm!

While 4 left more of an impact on me, I feel, trying to go back to 4 after 5 makes it clear that 5 is the superior game, and I'd easily take either over Horizon 1.

Mhm!

While 4 left more of an impact on me, I feel, trying to go back to 4 after 5 makes it clear that 5 is the superior game, and I'd easily take either over Horizon 1.
Interesting. I'd love to know your full ranking of the series for 2 and 3 also.

Unicorn Overlord and SaGa: Emerald Beyond are the only games I'm looking forward to currently.

Right now Grime. The original release was in 2021 on PC, but I never played it. Lately I've been on a mood for Metroidvanias (played Worldless, Blasphemous 2 and Minoria in the last months) and I always had my eye on Grime. Recently I started looking more into it and I love everything I've been hearing about the game, so it's been a nice coincidence that it just released on Switch yesterday! I've already have it ready to go so I'm dying to jump into it today after work :)

Mid/long-term, it's Metroid Prime 4, I have high hopes for it and I'm really itching to see something, ANYTHING about it.

Last edited:
Whatever Arkane is working on to get my mind off of the disaster that Redfall was.

Oh, wait, they're working on a marvel IP. Never mind. Silksong, I guess, if that ever comes out

I am so absurdly hyped for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth that there are days where I can hardly sit still.

I rewatch trailers and I keep daydreaming about it. Whatโ€™s so cool and a bit funny about it is that the first game was โ€œhow are they gonna make x hours out of Midgar? They will have to add a lot of fillerโ€ and Rebirth is the opposite; โ€œhow are they gonna fit in what looks like the rest of the first disc in only x hours?!โ€ While Remake was stretched and padded with stuff like the Jesse/Roche detour to the gameโ€™s detriment, the worry has been about whether or not Rebirth will feel rushed or underdeveloped.

But it looks likeโ€ฆ that wonโ€™t be the case? Like, sure, trailers arenโ€™t always gospel, but it looks like they fit it all in. Cosmo Canyon and Bugenhagen. Junon and the parade. Vincent, Cid, the Midgar Zolom, Cait Sith, a huge, open-ended world, a new town and gold saucer with the minigames! (Something I thought mightโ€™ve been Intergrade-style DLC)

Thing is, I liked Remake as an experience more than a game. The game has flaws for sure, but the experience of playing a full-scale remake of one of the most beloved games of my childhood, a truly seminal RPG and a cherished classic is an experience Iโ€™ll never forget and will always treasure. And everything points to Rebirth becoming an experience that goes far beyond that, given that I personally like the rest of disc one far more than Midgar. It has all the signs and potential in the world to not only crack my top 10, but also just redefine modern Final Fantasy for me.

I have a worry that stems from the fact that they might butcher a great and important scene like they did in Remake, I was really looking forward to the presidentโ€™s death scene, with the trail of blood and finding Sephirothโ€™s sword, but if they manage to pull the entire thing home, I think that the franchise has another classic at its hand. I canโ€™t wait. I canโ€™t WAIT.

Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time for sure. It's been on my bingo card for years along with a few other Level 5 games so you can imagine how hype I was during that Direct that announced a bunch of new games from them (still holding out for Yo-kai Watch though)

Surprsingly not a lot that I'm excited for currently. If I had to pick something I'd say Pepper Grinder. Have been looking forward to it since I saw it in a dunkey video years ago and was very pleasantly surprised when it popped up again with a Switch announcement

I'm excited for Splatoon 3 Side Order DLC, the last two campaigns in the series have been top-notch. They've had this one cooking for a while and it looks like they're trying to make it really stand out from the other campaigns, so I'm very curious to see what the end result will be.

Not very original, I'm excited for FFVII Rebirth and Dragon's Dogma 2. And of course pre-excited for potential Nintendo first party that will come out with the Switch 2.

It used to be Silksong for like the last four years but unfortunately I've pretty much lost all hype for it recently. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth has taken its spot.

FF7 Rebirth and Paper Mario TTYD.

TTYD is my favorite game of all time so I'll likely buy two copies or more. I'm a little bit burned out on RPG's since I play that genre of games so much. Rebirth doesn't come out until another month so I'm sure that I will be feeling the hype the closer we get to it's release.

Besides those two games I'm just waiting for Nintendo's next system to be announced.

Dragon's Dogma 2 and Rise of the Ronin.

The fact that they both have the nerve to drop the SAME damn day is hilarious!

1: Metroid Prime 4
2: Silksong
3: Bionicle: Masks of Power

Prime 4 is definitely #1. Never been more excited for a game

Agent for the Sonyยฉ Playstation 3โ„ข

Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door is first and foremost, but I also have high hopes for any kind of news in the near future for Haunted Chocolatier. It was announced back in October 2021 and the blog did admit the initial trailer was more of a vertical slice than showcasing any meaningful progress, but I imagine once Stardew Valley 1.6 launches for PC and consoles we might get something more coming out.

Beyond that...anything I could think of to be hyped for either exists on another console or simply hasn't been announced/rumoured yet.

The Thousand Year Door remake for sure. Gonna load it up, and just sit in Rogueport listening to the music for a good 20 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom